+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Help needed guys...

I have a question regarding the FBI PCC... My time lines are mentioned in my signature.. I got a request from CIC in myCIC account that I have got 60 days extension to submit my FBI PCC. I have applied around the time I got my ITA and based on my calculation I might receive my FBI PCC very close to the extension deadline.

1. Can I request CIC to for an extension of 30 more days..?
2. or will it be a major issue if I submit the FBI PCC using a CSE post the extension deadline.

As I have no way to expedite the process, I'm little anxious..

your inputs will be helpful..

Thank you.

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
aeropostale said:
Help needed guys...

I have a question regarding the FBI PCC... My time lines are mentioned in my signature.. I got a request from CIC in myCIC account that I have got 60 days extension to submit my FBI PCC. I have applied around the time I got my ITA and based on my calculation I might receive my FBI PCC very close to the extension deadline.

1. Can I request CIC to for an extension of 30 more days..?
2. or will it be a major issue if I submit the FBI PCC using a CSE post the extension deadline.

As I have no way to expedite the process, I'm little anxious..

your inputs will be helpful..

Thank you.
1. Can I request CIC to for an extension of 30 more days..? You can ask for Extension (Yes , you can. Ask near to the doc submission date)

2. or will it be a major issue if I submit the FBI PCC using a CSE post the extension deadline. ( If you are not submitting FBI report or give explanation for extension request before the deadline , your file will processed without the document and normally will get rejected.

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aru_nj said:
1. Can I request CIC to for an extension of 30 more days..? You can ask for Extension (Yes , you can. Ask near to the doc submission date)

2. or will it be a major issue if I submit the FBI PCC using a CSE post the extension deadline. ( If you are not submitting FBI report or give explanation for extension request before the deadline , your file will processed without the document and normally will get rejected.
Thanks Arun.. Fingers crossed... hopefully I get it within the deadline..

For the first option of requesting another extension.. how do you think I should go about it... upload another LOE along with a CC statement highlighting that they have charged and my application is still under process..

FBI PCC is so annoying.. In the era of technology... why they have to stick to older methods to process fingerprints... plus they take 9 weeks to open your application...

and they do not give any acknowledgement over an email...

just frustrating..

sg_82

Oct 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09
AOR Received.
14-09
Med's Done....
17-09
Is there a way we can contact CIC? Or is CSE our only option? I tried called their customer care. It kept routing me in loops to options forever.

Also,I keep reading about asking for extension. How is it done? what is the contact?

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
aeropostale said:
Thanks Arun.. Fingers crossed... hopefully I get it within the deadline..

For the first option of requesting another extension.. how do you think I should go about it... upload another LOE along with a CC statement highlighting that they have charged and my application is still under process..

FBI PCC is so annoying.. In the era of technology... why they have to stick to older methods to process fingerprints... plus they take 9 weeks to open your application...

and they do not give any acknowledgement over an email...

just frustrating..
First make a call to them after the 10th week and ask about your application status, and current opening and processing dates. If your opening date has passed
You need to sent an email to FBI (liaison@leo.gov) mentioning Name , DOB, complete address and courier delivery confirmation link

They will give you a confirmation that the file has been in processing queue and you need to wait for another couple of weeks.

That Email can be used for extension............... :)

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
sg_82 said:
Is there a way we can contact CIC? Or is CSE our only option? I tried called their customer care. It kept routing me in loops to options forever.

Also,I keep reading about asking for extension. How is it done? what is the contact?
Are you sure that you are not seeing any link like this " view submitted application"

It's in the bottom left side of the page where we can read mycic mails

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aru_nj said:
First make a call to them after the 10th week and ask about your application status, and current opening and processing dates. If your opening date has passed
You need to sent an email to FBI (liaison@leo.gov) mentioning Name , DOB, complete address and courier delivery confirmation link

They will give you a confirmation that the file has been in processing queue and you need to wait for another couple of weeks.

That Email can be used for extension............... :)
Thank you Arun...

sg_82

Oct 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09
AOR Received.
14-09
Med's Done....
17-09
aru_nj said:
Are you sure that you are not seeing any link like this " view submitted application"

It's in the bottom left side of the page where we can read mycic mails
I have gone through the view submitted application tab and all the way to the documents list. It has no option for new uploads. Only upload option I had was for RPRF document.
I did send a CSE just now. I wonder if it will work. Few ppl seem to have luck with it.

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
sg_82 said:
I have gone through the view submitted application tab and all the way to the documents list. It has no option for new uploads. Only upload option I had was for RPRF document.
I did send a CSE just now. I wonder if it will work. Few ppl seem to have luck with it.

You could have given a letter with your current issue/difficulty along with RPRF document .

Now CSE is the only option

sg_82

Oct 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09
AOR Received.
14-09
Med's Done....
17-09
aru_nj said:
You could have given a letter with your current issue/difficulty along with RPRF document .

Now CSE is the only option
Looks like it.

DSM

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 24, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 12, 2015
File Transfer...
April 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 9, 2016
Does anyone know if they started to open Aug yet? They received my application on Aug 31st, my deadline to submit to CIC Nov 30th...

domnicj

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
I guess, I read on this forum that, One can submit they application with out FBI send the report. However, you would need to show CIC the proof then you applied for FBI report and the screenshot of FBI website stating the processing time has increased.

I hope someone can correct me who has gone through the same process/situation.

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
domnicj said:
I guess, I read on this forum that, One can submit they application with out FBI send the report. However, you would need to show CIC the proof then you applied for FBI report and the screenshot of FBI website stating the processing time has increased.

I hope someone can correct me who has gone through the same process/situation.
Yes with the following docs
1) Scan copy of FBI application form (Signed)
2) Scan copy of Fingerprint ( If needed)
3) Courier Delivery confirmation receipt
4) Explanation letter for the delay( can mention the approximate time for submission)

iceman87

Sep 8, 2015
Hello People!

Just a quick question for those of you who received you FBI PCC's in India.

How much time did it take from the date dispatched from the US to reach you?

Thank You

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
iceman87 said:
Hello People!

Just a quick question for those of you who received you FBI PCC's in India.

How much time did it take from the date dispatched from the US to reach you?

Thank You
2 weeks to 1 month