Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
mafelinsp said:
OMG, Elizasalaz,

I really think you should call on Wednesday, if they charged your credit card last friday, they are probably now processing and for what I know they take 3 days to get the results. So, if you have the chance call as soon and as many times you can... by the way they updated you with the opening and the processing times?

Thanks!
Elizasalaz,
As they are processing may 21st application they will get your application probably tomorrow. As i told earlier, it takes another 1 or 2 days to finish all of 22nd application (we dont know the queue your application will be in for that day's lot). So call them processing date +2 to know. They do tell if the prints are good. They also tell about report mailing date.

Elizasalaz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
harirajmohan said:
Elizasalaz,
As they are processing may 21st application they will get your application probably tomorrow. As i told earlier, it takes another 1 or 2 days to finish all of 22nd application (we dont know the queue your application will be in for that day's lot). So call them processing date +2 to know. They do tell if the prints are good. They also tell about report mailing date.

Thank you very much, as soon as I have news I will share it with you guys!

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry if this question is redundant, but what is the difference between opening and processing? and when will the credit card be charged?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Doda said:
Sorry if this question is redundant, but what is the difference between opening and processing? and when will the credit card be charged?
Opening - Opening the application package received on particular date and entering your initial information into their system.
Processing - Processing of your fingerprints (for the application received on particular date) to check for records and then later printing out the report.

Credit card will be charged anywhere from 4 to 10 days before processing date.

ben83

Mar 31, 2015
harirajmohan said:
Opening - Opening the application package received on particular date and entering your initial information into their system.
Processing - Processing of your fingerprints (for the application received on particular date) to check for records and then later printing out the report.

Credit card will be charged anywhere from 4 to 10 days before processing date.

I don't understand why the long gap between opening and processing. To think the process is computerized/automated, those 2 steps should happen almost simultaneously.

I'm sorry I am just venting. The snail's pace of processing is just unacceptable and utterly frustrating.

mafelinsp

Aug 5, 2015
ben83 said:
I don't understand why the long gap between opening and processing. To think the process is computerized/automated, those 2 steps should happen almost simultaneously.

I'm sorry I am just venting. The snail's pace of processing is just unacceptable and utterly frustrating.
Totally agree, it's frustrating and with the high rate of rejections it's even more frustrating, I'm actually eating my nails waiting for the processing date to come... :-\

Elizasalaz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
mafelinsp said:
Totally agree, it's frustrating and with the high rate of rejections it's even more frustrating, I'm actually eating my nails waiting for the processing date to come... :-\

I was about to call AGAIN today but my partner stopped me and told me that they could lose patience :p , but definitely tomorrow I am going to talk again and I hope to get a positive answer. Pray for my fingerprints please :)

Best of luck!

mafelinsp

Aug 5, 2015
Hellooo all,

I'm curios because they requested my husband's FBI PCC he lived 5 months and 20 days in NYC, and if they are so meticulous about dates, times and dues, and according to regulations they are not supposed to ask for this requirement as he didn't stayed 6 months or more.

At the CIC page are the conditions people must fulfill to require a police certificate:

"...You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18..."
...For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country....

Is anyone else in this situation?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mafelinsp said:
True. Nobody knows why they reject many prints because they accepted our prints taken by different types (self, professional and scanned) in different applications. So its confusing on how they process the fingerprints.

You can also send multiple prints in multiple applications to increase the chance of acceptance. We dont know if they process all the prints sent in one application pack.

Good luck buddy.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mafelinsp said:
Hellooo all,

I'm curios because they requested my husband's FBI PCC he lived 5 months and 20 days in NYC, and if they are so meticulous about dates, times and dues, and according to regulations they are not supposed to ask for this requirement as he didn't stayed 6 months or more.

At the CIC page are the conditions people must fulfill to require a police certificate:

"...You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18..."
...For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country....

Is anyone else in this situation?
I think that someone posted on receiving cic request for pcc for just 10 days stay in US. No idea why. Not sure because its due to similar names. May be it depends on the officer who reviews the file.
Just luck in every stage which plays major role I guess.

happyca

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 8, 14
Doc's Request.
CC Dec 12, 14
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 15
IELTS Request
sent in with appl
File Transfer...
Feb 18, 15
Med's Request
Apr 1, 15
Med's Done....
Apr 17, 15 - third line update May 19, 15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM/PPR email 16-06-15 and 30-07-2015 passport submitted 06-08-15
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-15 and VSAC KL 04-09-15
LANDED..........
23-09-15
Elizasalaz,

The last time I inquired via e-mail, I only received a generic reply. Try calling the agent directly and also check the process of getting state pcc.

Good luck!

Elizasalaz said:
Hello my friends,

I just called AGAIN to the FBI regarding my process, I send the documents on May 22 and on August 7 was charged my credit card with the fee. Today I asked them if my fingerprints were accepted but they only told me to call back in a week, so the wait continues ..... :(

I thought that since they already charge the fee, they will give me information today but they didn't tell me anything.

Does someone know when would I know if my fingerprints are accepted? Do they tell you by phone or email? or will I have to wait by regular mail the response? I don't have much more time :eek:

happyca

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 8, 14
Doc's Request.
CC Dec 12, 14
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 15
IELTS Request
sent in with appl
File Transfer...
Feb 18, 15
Med's Request
Apr 1, 15
Med's Done....
Apr 17, 15 - third line update May 19, 15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM/PPR email 16-06-15 and 30-07-2015 passport submitted 06-08-15
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-15 and VSAC KL 04-09-15
LANDED..........
23-09-15
Don't give up! I had sent 7 sets of fingerprints via 3 attempts and they were all rejected. I had also prepared 2 sets of fingerprints before the third rejection and decided to obtain 2 state pcc as a backup. After the third rejection, I raised a CSE, included state pcc and explained my situation to the officer. I received a PPR last month and had submitted my passport last week. I hope to receive it back soon.

You can try a livescan and have them manually print your fingerprints into the card (check if it can be accepted before printing) Good luck and keep trying!

thatswhy said:
No worries! called FBI..... my prints were rejected. So now we are not going to try anymore and will stop perusing Canadian PR :(

mafelinsp

Aug 5, 2015
happyca said:
Don't give up! I had sent 7 sets of fingerprints via 3 attempts and they were all rejected. I had also prepared 2 sets of fingerprints before the third rejection and decided to obtain 2 state pcc as a backup. After the third rejection, I raised a CSE, included state pcc and explained my situation to the officer. I received a PPR last month and had submitted my passport last week. I hope to receive it back soon.

You can try a livescan and have them manually print your fingerprints into the card (check if it can be accepted before printing) Good luck and keep trying!
Hi Happyca,

If I understand well, you were rejected 3 times and so you requested an state pcc (like NYC state pcc?) With this in your hands you explained your situation to the CIC and now you're waiting for the visa to be stamped in your passport? you mean we all have hope!!! ;D