26-05-2014
Nomination.....
16-09-2104
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-12-2014 3rd Line Updated: 16-12-2014
Hi Friends,

I would like to share some info about the US FBI PCC extension.

My Timeline for FBI PCC:
Sent on: 28th Nov 2014
Received by FBI: 2nd Dec 2014
CC charged: No
Current status : Not yet opened(as on 10th Feb, called the FBI)
Files being opened: 18th Nov 2014(as on 10th Feb, called the FBI)
Files being processed: 26th Oct 2014(as on 10th Feb, called the FBI)
Average Time to get: 4 months(16 weeks)

About PCC Extension:
We have raised a CSE on 4th Feb(fifteen days ahead of my deadline) for extension of time for submitting FBI PCC.

On 9th Feb, afternoon I got a call from NDVO, following is the conversation:
VO: Hello, am I speaking to AARDEE
Me: Yes, who is this
VO: I am calling from Canadian High Commission New Delhi. Can you confirm your UCI#, Daughters name and email id.
Me: Gave the neccessary details.
VO: Thank You. We have received you medicals and rprf, but your FBI PCC is pending. Can you tell me when is it going to be submitted.
Me: I explained the situation and pointed the delay in processing the PCC by FBI.
VO: We are aware of the situation, we would like to extend it for 40 days. I will be sending you a short email about the same.
ME: Thank You! Can I ask you a couple of questions.
VO: Yes
ME: What if I dont get the FBI PCC within the extended time.
VO: You can definitely send another request, but you can also send email to the US FBI office by telling them the need by showing you email from CHC NDVO, so that they may speed up the process, just to try meanwhile.
Have you sent the Indian PCC?
ME: Yes with medicals and rprf
VO: Ohh k, that's OK
ME: Are our medicals OK
VO: We found that all the members of your family are medically fit, thats OK.
ME: Have you encashed the rprf fee
ME: The only thing pending from our end is the FBI PCC? Is it correct?
ME: Thank you for the update, thanks a lot.

About VO: Indian Origin male Visa officer. Very humble and patient. Conversed in English.
Call Duration: 4+ mins
Phone Number: +911141782000

Question I missed to ask:
Can we send state PCC instead of FBI PCC.

Received the email immediately after the call with extension for 40 days.

I never expected them to call me about a CSE. However, I felt very relieved as all the documentation part is complete except FBI PCC.

And Sorry guys. I couldn't share the info earlier, as I was very busy in the office for the past two days.

Hope this info is of help to someone.

Congratulations to all the people who got good news.
My wishes with the people who got bad news, don't lose hope, keep trying!

Thank You all forumites/well wishers and Thank you GOD!

nepscan123

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06/15/2014
AOR Received.
10/21/2014
IELTS Request
with app
File Transfer...
15/12/2014
Med's Request
02-01-2015
Med's Done....
27-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
AARDEE said:
Hi Friends,

My Timeline for FBI PCC:

About PCC Extension:
We have raised a CSE on 4th Feb(fifteen days ahead of my deadline) for extension of time for submitting FBI PCC.

On 9th Feb, afternoon I got a call from NDVO, following is the conversation:
VO: Hello, am I speaking to AARDEE
Me: Yes, who is this
VO: I am calling from Canadian High Commission New Delhi. Can you confirm your UCI#, Daughters name and email id.
Me: Gave the neccessary details.
VO: Thank You. We have received you medicals and rprf, but your FBI PCC is pending. Can you tell me when is it going to be submitted.
Me: I explained the situation and pointed the delay in processing the PCC by FBI.
VO: We are aware of the situation, we would like to extend it for 40 days. I will be sending you a short email about the same.
ME: Thank You! Can I ask you a couple of questions.
ME: What if I dont get the FBI PCC within the extended time.
VO: You can definitely send another request, but you can also send email to the US FBI office by telling them the need by showing you email from CHC NDVO, so that they may speed up the process, just to try meanwhile.
Have you sent the Indian PCC?
ME: Yes with medicals and rprf
VO: Ohh k, that's OK
ME: Are our medicals OK
VO: We found that all the members of your family are medically fit, thats OK.
ME: Have you encashed the rprf fee
ME: The only thing pending from our end is the FBI PCC? Is it correct?
ME: Thank you for the update, thanks a lot.

About VO: Indian Origin male Visa officer. Very humble and patient. Conversed in English.
Call Duration: 4+ mins
Phone Number: +911141782000

Question I missed to ask:
Can we send state PCC instead of FBI PCC.

Received the email immediately after the call with extension for 40 days.

I never expected them to call me about a CSE. However, I felt very relieved as all the documentation part is complete except FBI PCC.

And Sorry guys. I couldn't share the info earlier, as I was very busy in the office for the past two days.

Hope this info is of help to someone.

Congratulations to all the people who got good news.
My wishes with the people who got bad news, don't lose hope, keep trying!

Thank You all forumites/well wishers and Thank you GOD!
That is a good news. But I have sent an email to NDVO on Jan 6th for the extension but I have not received anything. Also, I have sent my RPRF, Nepalese Police Clearance, and Indian Police Clearance for my wife. But I have not heard back anything from NDVO. Makes me nervous. My deadline is approaching soon.

rajesh_verma_jsr

Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
Doc's Request.
12-05-15 (updated schedule-A for spouse)
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
ECAS updated: 24-01-2015, processing started: 21-01-2015
Med's Request
06-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2015, Medicals Received: 17-02-2015
Interview........
NA (FBI Report reached NDVO: 30-03-2015)
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
AARDEE said:
Hi Friends,

My Timeline for FBI PCC:

---------------------------

Good Info, my time line is below for FBI report.

Sent on: 2nd Dec 2014
Received by FBI: 8th Dec 2014

Hope they open the file in the next 2 weeks.

hoodrobin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
08-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
Got Reply from CPC - Ottawa with a 60 day extension. In the email they were hinting that you may possibly require another extension, so do not hesitate to ask for it - that was the tone of CPC - Ottawa Office.

p_vigsark

Jun 23, 2014
URGENT INFO REQUIRED

Hi all,

I got my medical request in Aug and I submitted my medicals Indian PCC in first week of Oct. I got my FBI PCC this week and sent it to New Delhi VO today. Any clue within how many days timeline can I expect the passport request.

rambojuda

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
07-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
FBI PCC requested
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
When FBI says that they are opening packages received Nov 17th/Nov18th. Does that means that the packages that were received during that dates are being charged? Does anyone knows how long it takes for your CC to be charged once they open your package?

Also, i am trying to contact CIC at 1888-242-2100 for the past one week and the phone line is just ringing, there is no answer at all. Has anyone been successful in contacting them over the phone recently?

SSPT

Star Member
Mar 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-0
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Passport Sent :April 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Passport received by CPC-O : April 8th 2015
AOR Received.
Return Tracker activate : April 15th 2015
Med's Request
December 3rd 2014
Med's Done....
December 10th 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-13-2015
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
rambojuda said:
When FBI says that they are opening packages received Nov 17th/Nov18th. Does that means that the packages that were received during that dates are being charged? Does anyone knows how long it takes for your CC to be charged once they open your package?

Also, i am trying to contact CIC at 1888-242-2100 for the past one week and the phone line is just ringing, there is no answer at all. Has anyone been successful in contacting them over the phone recently?
My credit card was charged yesterday on Feb 10th. Application received by FBI on November 14,2014. Hope this helps

Giftsmas

Sep 14, 2014
Casablanca
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat Morocco
NOC Code......
NOC 0121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/09/2014
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09.04.2015, TLU and DM on May 27th 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hopefully buy a flight ticket soon!
After four months wait i got this email from FBI. This is unfortunate. I will start the whole process again!

Thank you for your inquiry,

The fingerprints on your request were not adequate for identification purposes. Your fingerprints were illegible due to the quality of the fingerprints. You will need to submit a new set of fingerprints, applicant information form, and payment. (On March 1, 2014, the FBI changed the policy for processing illegible fingerprints. If the fingerprints are rejected and a new request is submitted, the fee will have to accompany the request in order to process the new request.)

Your fingerprints could be illegible due to dry/moist hands or you may have fine ridge detail due to age or occupation. You can try using hand lotion for a few days before being printed, a commercial product called Ridge Builder, and a method called milking the fingers. This is where the technician applies pressure at the bottom of the first joint and pushes forward to the tip of the finger forcing blood flow to the tip.

You can go to our website at www.fbi.gov/checks. Then scroll down close to the bottom of the page and you will see Option 1-Submit your request directly to the FBI and Option 2- apply using an FBI approved Channeler.

Here are the forms needed when requesting your criminal background check directly from the FBI.

download the Applicant Information form.
FD-258 Fingerprint Card

Credit Card Payment Form

rambojuda

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
07-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
FBI PCC requested
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
Sorry to hear that. You can try contacting CIC , forward them the letter that you received from FBI and see if they are willing to accept state pcc.

Giftsmas said:
After four months wait i got this email from FBI. This is unfortunate. I will start the whole process again!

The fingerprints on your request were not adequate for identification purposes. Your fingerprints were illegible due to the quality of the fingerprints. You will need to submit a new set of fingerprints, applicant information form, and payment. (On March 1, 2014, the FBI changed the policy for processing illegible fingerprints. If the fingerprints are rejected and a new request is submitted, the fee will have to accompany the request in order to process the new request.)

Your fingerprints could be illegible due to dry/moist hands or you may have fine ridge detail due to age or occupation. You can try using hand lotion for a few days before being printed, a commercial product called Ridge Builder, and a method called milking the fingers. This is where the technician applies pressure at the bottom of the first joint and pushes forward to the tip of the finger forcing blood flow to the tip.

You can go to our website at www.fbi.gov/checks. Then scroll down close to the bottom of the page and you will see Option 1-Submit your request directly to the FBI and Option 2- apply using an FBI approved Channeler.

Here are the forms needed when requesting your criminal background check directly from the FBI.

FD-258 Fingerprint Card

Credit Card Payment Form

Destinationca

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-14
Nomination.....
Nov 04'14 (CC Charged)
AOR Received.
Nov 14'14 (PER email received)
IELTS Request
Sent with initial package
Med's Request
Dec 05'14 (MR received)
Med's Done....
Feb 15'15 (Medicals Received Status updated in eCAS)
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
May 01'15
VISA ISSUED...
May 15'15
LANDED..........
Sep 12'15
rambojuda said:

The date for which they are opening the package is a correlation to the fact that those request have completed the process of security clearance and are now on their way to be processed further. What really happens as part of this process is a black hole in itself.

The FBI customer service number is (304) 625-5590.

Destinationca

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-14
Nomination.....
Nov 04'14 (CC Charged)
AOR Received.
Nov 14'14 (PER email received)
IELTS Request
Sent with initial package
Med's Request
Dec 05'14 (MR received)
Med's Done....
Feb 15'15 (Medicals Received Status updated in eCAS)
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
May 01'15
VISA ISSUED...
May 15'15
LANDED..........
Sep 12'15
Giftsmas said:

FD-258 Fingerprint Card

Credit Card Payment Form
@ Giftsmas - I have myself been a victim of this, this process is so damn frustrating. Do note that you will also receive an official notification from them with the specific reason, send the same along with the evidence for the new request to CIC and request for an extension accordingly.

arka7980

Sep 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2014
Doc's Request.
12-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Request
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015
SSPT said:
My credit card was charged yesterday on Feb 10th. Application received by FBI on November 14,2014. Hope this helps
Received my FBI PCC yesterday at my US relative's address. Below are the details:

Application Received by FBI: 20th Oct'2014
Credit Card charged: Jan 5th'2015
FBI History Summary Received (in the US - west coast): 11th Feb'2015
I haven't read the contents yet. Will let you all know if there's something other than the ordinary.

Good luck to all of you.

ZakArt

Sep 19, 2014
Hello All,
For those of you who were trying to use State PCC, I have unfortunate news. I tried doing the same, and in my case it is required for my spouse and not for myself because I submitted it earlier and at the time of application submission my spouse hadn't been in USA for 6 months.

Part of what I got in email from CPC-Ottawa
"We have received the documents you have submitted, however the Clearance Certificate from [State name here]* is not acceptable. We require a certificate from the Federal Bureau of Investigation for your spouse."

*I replace the state name with that, they actually mentioned the state. Hope this helps.

zsashimi

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2014
Med's Request
23-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
6-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
ZakArt said:
Hello All,
For those of you who were trying to use State PCC, I have unfortunate news. I tried doing the same, and in my case it is required for my spouse and not for myself because I submitting d it earlier and at the time of application submission my spouse hadn't been in USA for 6 months.

Part of what I got in email from CPC-Ottawa
"We have received the documents you have submitted, however the Clearance Certificate from [State name here]* is not acceptable. We require a certificate from the Federal Bureau of Investigation for your spouse."

*I replace the state name with that, they actually mentioned the state. Hope this helps.

Hi Zakart for my case, the state clearance was accepted. I now have the visa.. I think it is a case to case basis