+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC

ezapanagarjuna

Aug 8, 2012
Hi Guys,

I just called the FBI CS to know the status of my wife's and my application. They where received on the Sep 16th, the CS rep informed that they just completed my wife's application and mine she couldn't confirm. I asked her if the fingerprints where accepted for both of ours, for which she took my contact no and said would call back with the details.

Fingers crossed hoping they are through.

Regards,
Ezapa

jgbozza

Star Member
Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
AOR Received.
25-11-2014
Med's Request
16-12-2014
Med's Done....
05-01-2015
immig_IT_guy said:
You and I are on the same boat, I submitted mine on 20th and I'm expecting MR anytime this week or next
I would suggest contacting CIC about the delay regarding FBI, so that they would extend your due date and worst case you get it earlier and you submit it
Did they say how long will they take to process the application?
Yesterday they were processing 14th Oct applications and we should receive it by mid January. In the request we asked for the report to be sent to a friend who lives in USA. It will save us one month at least coz this friend is going to ship to us using fedex.

sumg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Aug-2014
Nomination.....
08-Dec-2014
Med's Request
17-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
23-Mar-2015; Meds Received: 31-Mar-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Hi,

This is the 2nd time that my prints were rejected due to low quality.
Is there anyone who has gone thru this?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

xXCiscoGuyXx

Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-23-2014
Nomination.....
09-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-12-2014
Med's Request
10-30-2014
Med's Done....
10-31-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
01-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2015
LANDED..........
[color=red][b]✓[/b][/color]
sumg said:
Hi,

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Whoever you're getting the prints from, are they verified/experienced personnel?

amirali.mithani

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2015
Dear Friends,

I am a May 30th applicant under FSWP. I have a deadline of January 7th to send FBI PCC, Indian PCC, Medicals and RPRF Fee. I have arranged for everything except FBI PCC.

My application for FBI PCC reached on September 30th and till date have not received any response. FBI Customer Service says it will take another 2-3 weeks plus time for delivery. I have read on this forum that CPC-Ottawa is granting extension for 30 days. I have submitted a e-mail query to CPC-Ottawa today. As with some of the other folks who have not received any response from CPC-O, I may not hear anything until Jan 7th. What would you all advise? Should I send RPRF Receipt and Indian PCC and a letter explaining the FBI PCC Situation so as to avoid missing the deadline.

Thanks.

xXCiscoGuyXx

Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-23-2014
Nomination.....
09-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-12-2014
Med's Request
10-30-2014
Med's Done....
10-31-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
01-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2015
LANDED..........
[color=red][b]✓[/b][/color]
amirali.mithani said:
Dear Friends,

I am a May 30th applicant under FSWP. I have a deadline of January 7th to send FBI PCC, Indian PCC, Medicals and RPRF Fee. I have arranged for everything except FBI PCC.

My application for FBI PCC reached on September 30th and till date have not received any response. FBI Customer Service says it will take another 2-3 weeks plus time for delivery. I have read on this forum that CPC-Ottawa is granting extension for 30 days. I have submitted a e-mail query to CPC-Ottawa today. As with some of the other folks who have not received any response from CPC-O, I may not hear anything until Jan 7th. What would you all advise? Should I send RPRF Receipt and Indian PCC and a letter explaining the FBI PCC Situation so as to avoid missing the deadline.

Thanks.

Amirali, focus on the quote listed below:
Make sure you provide enough details that they have asked for to receive any sort of reply from CIC.

This office is responsible for the processing of:
* Temporary resident visa (TRV) applications submitted by mail from applicants located in Canada and for the online submission of TRV for applicants located in North America;
* Permanent Resident (PR) applications from applicants located in Canada and for applicants located in North America.
If this is a request for case specific information the responsibility placed on us by the Privacy Act to protect all personal information precludes us from responding using e-mail unless we are able to verify that you are entitled/authorized to receive the case specific information.
If you are not the applicant or you are not authorized to receive the information, you will not receive a further reply to your e-mail. If you have applied within the last eight to ten weeks, we will not be responding to your enquiry - please ensure adequate time has passed before making an enquiry. Please note that there are no same-day or walk-in services available at our office.
If you are the applicant you must provide us with your:
Surname (Last name) - Exactly as it appears on passport or identity document;
Given name(s) (First name) - Exactly as it appears on passport or identity document;
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number; and
Application number (V#, F#, EP#, E#, B#).
If you are a person to whom we are authorized to release information (written consent on the immigration file) you must provide us with the same information pertaining to your client.

**If you do not provide us with this information, we will be unable to process your request**

Please note

* Citizenship and Immigration Canada can only communicate with you in one of our two (2) official languages: English or French.
* E-mail is not a secure channel of communication. CIC is not liable for the unauthorized disclosure of personal information to or the misuse of that information by a third party where we took reasonable means to verify the identity of the party.

Service Standards

We will respond to case specific enquiries by e-mail within 20 working days. Please note that we will not respond to e-mails concerning the following:
* Requests to expedite processing of cases;
* Processing of Permanent Resident Cards;
* Processing of Citizenship applications;
* Information about visiting, living, working or studying in Canada (please consult www.cic.gc.ca<http://www.cic.gc.ca/>);
* Requests for a confirmation of receipt of documents provided.

amirali.mithani

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2015
Should I send another e-mail with the information they are asking
xXCiscoGuyXx said:
Amirali, focus on the quote listed below:
Make sure you provide enough details that they have asked for to receive any sort of reply from CIC.
Should I send another e-mail with the information they are asking for in the automated response?

o_o

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App.
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Submitted with App.
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2015 (CPC-O) 30-01-2015 (Los Angeles)
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
05-10-2015 (PRC recvd. 01-26-2016)
amirali.mithani said:
Should I send another e-mail with the information they are asking

Should I send another e-mail with the information they are asking for in the automated response?
I just wanted to point out that if you get near to your deadline i.e. Jan 7th, do a Case Specific Enquiry. I would also like to know if you got the automated reply after emailing the CPC-O. If no, then you did something wrong i.e. used wrong email address. Also please don't hit reply to the email CPC-O sends you to ask for MR. These are usually ignored.

o_o

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App.
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Submitted with App.
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
******** Got it!!!! ******************

Hi,

I just wanted to say that I received my FBI PCC Certificate yesterday i.e. Tues Dec. 16. Thank you all for your support during the past few months.

Call Center Reps have no clue about Report Mailing Date:

My report was processed on Tues Dec 9. What is really funny is that I called them up on Fri Dec 12, and they told me that my report was not yet mailed, and they told me that it would be mailed over the weekend. Next, I called them up on Mon Dec 15 when I was told that they had not yet mailed my report, but it would be mailed out no later than tomorrow. (I have heard that the FBI has an internal rule that they need to mail reports in 7 days.) So, I never expected to get the report yesterday, and I only checked my mailbox just before I was going to sleep. From the post mark, it seems to have been mailed on Thurs Dec 11 i.e. the people I spoke to on Fri Dec 12 and on Mon Dec 15, were both wrong when they told me my report was not yet mailed. Moral of the story: The call center guys can accurately tell you when a report was processed, but they have no clue if it has been mailed or not.

-------------------------------------------------
Received by FBI: Sept 9, 2014
Search Completed: Nov 26, 2014
Report/Letter Date: Dec 9, 2014
Envelope Post Mark Date: Dec 11, 2014
Receipt Date: Dec 16, 2014

Note, that I paid with DD, so I have no clue when my application was charged/entered into their system. I however recall calling them up in the first few days of Oct, and my application was already entered into their system, and they gave me the reference number. For those unfamiliar with this, the Search Completed date is a bit of a misnomer i.e. it seems to be the date they start the search by scanning your fingerprints into their system. On the other hand, the Report Date is the actual date when their processing is complete.

So what does the report look like:

It is a simple sheet of paper in an envelope. In the past when some people referred to Report and Letter, I thought that they were two different things i.e. a Report and an accompanying letter. It is just a single piece of paper which has some watermarks/tech to prevent copying etc. It says something like:

==========================================
{Report Date} {4-Digit Num}

{Name}
{Address}

The Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation has completed the following submission:

(This is in table form, that I cannot replicate here)
Subject Name -> {Name}
Search Completed -> {Search Completed Date}
Result -> A search of the fingerprint provided by this individual has revealed no prior arrest data at the FBI

Social Security Number: XXX-XX-{Last 4 Digits of SSN}

The result of the above response is only effective for the date the submission was originally completed. For more updated information, please submit new fingerprints of the subject.

In order to protect Personally Identifiable Information, as of August 17, 2009, FBI policy has changed to no longer return the fingerprint cards. This form will serve as FBI's official response.

Any questions may be addressed to the Customer Service Group at (304) 625-5590. You may also visit the Web site at www.fbi.gov for further instructions.

This Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) is provided pursuant to 28 CFR 16.30-16.34 solely for you to conduct a personal review and/or obtain a change, correction, or updating of your record. This CHRI is not provided for the purpose of licensing or employment or any other purpose enumerated in 28 CFR 20.33.

CJIS Signature
DOJ/FBI Seal

Notes:
  • First, the 7-digit FBI reference number that I used when calling them up is not mentioned in the report. A random 4-Digit number is there at the top, and I have not seen it before.
  • Next, the report mentions only the last 4 digits of the SSN. The beginning digits are XXX Xed out.

If you guys have any other questions on the report feel free to ask.

I'm grateful to all of you for your help. I hope you all get your reports soon.

o_o

o_o

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App.
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Submitted with App.
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
amirali.mithani said:
Dear Friends,

Thanks.
Please do not wait to send hte RPRF Receipt and the Indian PCC. As you suggested send a letter requesting an extension for the FBI PCC. Due to the holidays there is a good chance you may not get it by Jan 7th, so send what you have right now.

On the other hand, I really think you will get your PCC in the week following Jan 7th for sure.

Reactions: Hope457

rpishere

Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-22-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-18-2014 (with RPRF and PCC)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-13-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2015 (Received 03-09-2015)
LANDED..........
Sep '2015
Congrats. See I told you will get it this week. Good luck with your PPR now! :)

o_o said:

Hi,

I just wanted to say that I received my FBI PCC Certificate yesterday i.e. Tues Dec. 16. Thank you all for your support during the past few months.

My report was processed on Tues Dec 9. What is really funny is that I called them up on Fri Dec 12, and they told me that my report was not yet mailed, and they told me that it would be mailed over the weekend. Next, I called them up on Mon Dec 15 when I was told that they had not yet mailed my report, but it would be mailed out no later than tomorrow. (I have heard that the FBI has an internal rule that they need to mail reports in 7 days.) So, I never expected to get the report yesterday, and I only checked my mailbox just before I was going to sleep. From the post mark, it seems to have been mailed on Thurs Dec 11 i.e. the people I spoke to on Fri Dec 12 and on Mon Dec 15, were both wrong when they told me my report was not yet mailed. Moral of the story: The call center guys can accurately tell you when a report was processed, but they have no clue if it has been mailed or not.

Note, that I paid with DD, so I have no clue when my application was charged/entered into their system. I however recall calling them up in the first few days of Oct, and my application was already entered into their system, and they gave me the reference number. For those unfamiliar with this, the Search Completed date is a bit of a misnomer i.e. it seems to be the date they start the search by scanning your fingerprints into their system. On the other hand, the Report Date is the actual date when their processing is complete.

It is a simple sheet of paper in an envelope. In the past when some people referred to Report and Letter, I thought that they were two different things i.e. a Report and an accompanying letter. It is just a single piece of paper which has some watermarks/tech to prevent copying etc. It says something like:

{Name}
{Address}

The Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation has completed the following submission:

Subject Name -> {Name}
Result -> A search of the fingerprint provided by this individual has revealed no prior arrest data at the FBI

The result of the above response is only effective for the date the submission was originally completed. For more updated information, please submit new fingerprints of the subject.

In order to protect Personally Identifiable Information, as of August 17, 2009, FBI policy has changed to no longer return the fingerprint cards. This form will serve as FBI's official response.

Any questions may be addressed to the Customer Service Group at (304) 625-5590. You may also visit the Web site at www.fbi.gov for further instructions.

This Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) is provided pursuant to 28 CFR 16.30-16.34 solely for you to conduct a personal review and/or obtain a change, correction, or updating of your record. This CHRI is not provided for the purpose of licensing or employment or any other purpose enumerated in 28 CFR 20.33.

CJIS Signature
DOJ/FBI Seal

Notes:
  • First, the 7-digit FBI reference number that I used when calling them up is not mentioned in the report. A random 4-Digit number is there at the top, and I have not seen it before.
  • Next, the report mentions only the last 4 digits of the SSN. The beginning digits are XXX Xed out.

o_o

sumg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Aug-2014
Nomination.....
08-Dec-2014
Med's Request
17-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
23-Mar-2015; Meds Received: 31-Mar-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
xXCiscoGuyXx said:
Whoever you're getting the prints from, are they verified/experienced personnel?
Both times I was printed by FP technicians in the law enforcement agency.
The second time that I sent my report, I sent two sets of prints.

So basically, 3 sets of prints have been rejected now.

aav

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Congrats ... and +1 for sharing insights...

o_o said:

Hi,

{Name}
{Address}

Subject Name -> {Name}

CJIS Signature
DOJ/FBI Seal

Notes:

o_o

immig_IT_guy

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not Sure
Med's Request
23-12-2014
Med's Done....
03-01-2015, FBI PCC submitted on 03-04-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-12-2015
jgbozza said:
Yesterday they were processing 14th Oct applications and we should receive it by mid January. In the request we asked for the report to be sent to a friend who lives in USA. It will save us one month at least coz this friend is going to ship to us using fedex.
Yes that is correct, sending to someone who lives in US, is the best way as they can send it to us in a much quicker method

akashsar

Jun 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2014
IELTS Request
Original
Med's Request
10/10/2014
Med's Done....
08/11/2014
sumg said:
Hi,

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Hi ,

Please follow page no 36 of this thread Lilylou2014 faced a similar situation where his/her finger prints were rejected twice. It is really unfortunate to know this after 3 months of waiting.

Sugestion: Please send multiple prints immediately with a cover letter stating your situation.