+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC

Marcola

May 7, 2017
I received my OINP nomination on 31 May and ITA on the same day. Submitted mine and spouses prints to FBI on 3 June. Submitted PR application on 2 August with LOE for USA PCC. My prints were rejected but spouses were fine. Both were mailed out on 31 August to my sisters address in the USA. She received my rejected prints letter but not my spouses PPC:( Its almost 3 weeks and I was told I could request a copy to be sent. Should I send to my sisters USA address again? Or to my address here in South Africa?

I resent my prints on 3 September. Also i havent been sent an ADR yet for the PCCs but im guessing this will still come. I hope I will get a long enough extention.

Last edited:

SaintNishant

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
Hmm.. I am confused now what to do.. get in india or USA. Anyways thanks :)
You can request them to send an additional copy (additional $18) to your friends address in the US. So both or either one of them would reach/ reach on time. This is better than waiting all over again for 3+ months.

SaintNishant

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
I received my OINP nomination on 31 August and ITA on the same day. Submitted mine and spouses prints to FBI on 3 June. Submitted PR application on 2 August with LOE for USA PCC. My prints were rejected but spouses were fine. Both were mailed out on 31 August to my sisters address in the USA. She received my rejected prints letter but not my spouses PPC:( Its almost 3 weeks and I was told I could request a copy to be sent. Should I send to my sisters USA address again? Or to my address here in South Africa?

I resent my prints on 3 September. Also i havent been sent an ADR yet for the PCCs but im guessing this will still come. I hope I will get a long enough extention.
I was in a similar situation a few months back. But in my case my PCC was successful and my wife's rejected. While we received her rejected letter at my sister's place (in the US) in 6-7 days, my PCC never came. After waiting for about 4 weeks, I requested a duplicate copy at a new address (cousin's address) in the US. Eventually, both - the original and duplicate got delivered around the same week .. at two different address of course.

1. So while requesting for a duplicate you can check if they can send you two copies, one to your sister's place and one to your address at SA. You can tell them you are OK to pay additional $18.

2. Usually they give about 60 days from the day of ADR to submit the document. As currently, its taking 3 months+ to get the FBI PCC, you can hope they raise the ADR as late as possible. If not, you can always ask for extension, giving proper reason and evidences (email communication from FBI etc.). If the case manager is convinced, he/she may grant you extension.

BestLife104

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
I received my OINP nomination on 31 August and ITA on the same day. Submitted mine and spouses prints to FBI on 3 June. Submitted PR application on 2 August with LOE for USA PCC. My prints were rejected but spouses were fine. Both were mailed out on 31 August to my sisters address in the USA. She received my rejected prints letter but not my spouses PPC:( Its almost 3 weeks and I was told I could request a copy to be sent. Should I send to my sisters USA address again? Or to my address here in South Africa?

Sorry to hear about your rejected fingerprints. Did they give you any reason for rejection of fingerprints? Did you take the fingerprints by yourself, or did you get it done from a professional?

Marcola

May 7, 2017
I was in a similar situation a few months back. But in my case my PCC was successful and my wife's rejected. While we received her rejected letter at my sister's place (in the US) in 6-7 days, my PCC never came. After waiting for about 4 weeks, I requested a duplicate copy at a new address (cousin's address) in the US. Eventually, both - the original and duplicate got delivered around the same week .. at two different address of course.

1. So while requesting for a duplicate you can check if they can send you two copies, one to your sister's place and one to your address at SA. You can tell them you are OK to pay additional $18.

2. Usually they give about 60 days from the day of ADR to submit the document. As currently, its taking 3 months+ to get the FBI PCC, you can hope they raise the ADR as late as possible. If not, you can always ask for extension, giving proper reason and evidences (email communication from FBI etc.). If the case manager is convinced, he/she may grant you extension.
Thank you. Im so glad you responded. This has made me feel better! Im a mess right now! I asked them what would be the case if the second one got lost too and they said I would have to submit a new set of prints for my spouse too and go through the whole process again (imagine that!!!). Im hoping they will agree to send two..

I hope that they raise the ADR only in a few months as im PNP:)

What happened in your case?

Marcola

May 7, 2017
Sorry to hear about your rejected fingerprints. Did they give you any reason for rejection of fingerprints? Did you take the fingerprints by yourself, or did you get it done from a professional?
Yes, fingerprints were illegible...
Had them taken at a police station. Now i have sent five sets from two different stations.

SaintNishant

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
Thank you. Im so glad you responded. This has made me feel better! Im a mess right now! I asked them what would be the case if the second one got lost too and they said I would have to submit a new set of prints for my spouse too and go through the whole process again (imagine that!!!). Im hoping they will agree to send two..

I hope that they raise the ADR only in a few months as im PNP:)

What happened in your case?
I got ADR for both me and my wife's FBI PCC around end of July and CIC gave us 60 days time to submit both.

I uploaded my PCC, which I got around first week of August.

For my wife, we had re-applied around mid-July, as soon as we came to know of her rejection. But looking at the timelines it looked not possible to submit her PCC in 60 days. So we wrote to CIC (raised a case specific enquiry) with all email communication etc. and requested for additional time for her and they agreed. Gave us time till end of Nov (about 120 days since ADR) to submit her PCC.

Going by the current timelines, FBI should process hers this week .. so, now hoping and keeping fingers crossed that her's is through this time and we receive it on time.

Marcola

May 7, 2017
I got ADR for both me and my wife's FBI PCC around end of July and CIC gave us 60 days time to submit both.

I uploaded my PCC, which I got around first week of August.

For my wife, we had re-applied around mid-July, as soon as we came to know of her rejection. But looking at the timelines it looked not possible to submit her PCC in 60 days. So we wrote to CIC (raised a case specific enquiry) with all email communication etc. and requested for additional time for her and they agreed. Gave us time till end of Nov (about 120 days since ADR) to submit her PCC.

Going by the current timelines, FBI should process hers this week .. so, now hoping and keeping fingers crossed that her's is through this time and we receive it on time.
Great to hear. I havent received an ADR as yet (AOR 2 August) but passed medicals. Last night my sister received my spouses PCC :). Three weeks later but at last (you brought me good luck haha). So now i will raise a CSE... How long do I ask for? 120 days? What was in your LOE besides the explanation of the rejected prints...

Good luck to you for this week. Im sure the prints will be ok this time.

Canada18

Sep 11, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pune
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
12th Oct 2017
Med's Done....
18th Sept 2017
Passport Req..
9th November 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13th November 2017
LANDED..........
4th December 2017
Yet waiting for my pcc in India. It was dispatched from fbi on 29th August. Any one in India who received their pcc that was dispatched around the same time??

richacanadapr17

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
Yet waiting for my pcc in India. It was dispatched from fbi on 29th August. Any one in India who received their pcc that was dispatched around the same time??
Did you receive ITA or near to deadline? if this is the case please be after FBI as many people have reported the lost PCC or PCC not reaching them.

Pashtun

May 25, 2017
App. Filed.......
09-03-2016
AOR Received.
11-04-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
Waiting
NEED HELP!

My wife is a US citizen and I am applying for her PR in Canada. I have 30 days to include her application with mine. My question is what's the processing time of getting PCC from FBI? Also, will PCC be acceptable if we get it through FBI approved channeler? Thanks.

pma12

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
NEED HELP!

My wife is a US citizen and I am applying for her PR in Canada. I have 30 days to include her application with mine. My question is what's the processing time of getting PCC from FBI? Also, will PCC be acceptable if we get it through FBI approved channeler? Thanks.

it takes around 12-13 weeks but I read that if you are a US citizen you could use an approved channeler, you could read more about it on the CIC site, but if you need to include her and you cannot you a channeler, you could write a letter of explanation with proof that you requested to the fbi the pcc.