upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
nartcr said:
Did anyone who had applied FBI PCC on September first week/August last week get their clearance certificate?

FBI received my finger prints on Sept 15. CIC sent me doc request on Sept 16 - which means, my deadline was Nov 16. I had requested extension through email and letter ( which was forwarded to CPC Ottawa ). On Dec 17 i have to leave the country for a business trip, and would be back only on Jan 10. I am having my friends check my mail box regularly for mails. FBI doesnt seem to be helping here, because they always say they would process on '3 months after date'. However,the lady whom i spoke to this noon, asked me to expect in 2-3 weeks, which is way more than 12 weeks ( approx 14 weeks including delivery).
Updates:

Fingerprints sent by post: Sept 7 2014
Received by FBI : Sept 15 2014
Credit card charged : Oct 7 2014
FBI processing complete: Dec 11 2014 ( I felt like i won a lottery ticket )

I would be getting my FBI PCC on hand tomorrow .i.e. Dec 12 2014. Canada authorities ( CPC O ) gave me 30 days extension ,i.e, my new deadline to submit documents to Canada is Dec 15 2014.

I sent FBI an email explaining the situation earlier this week, and gave conversation emails with CIC Ottawa, and i guess this helped me. Also note that i was able to expedite shipping by contacting FBI. I opened a Fedex account couple of days back, and provided FBI with account number ( again through email ). They would be shipping back the document through fedex priority overnight instead of USPS.

Usher

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Hello Nartcr
Which email address you used to explain your situation to FBI?
nartcr said:
Updates:

I would be getting my FBI PCC on hand tomorrow .i.e. Dec 12 2014. Canada authorities ( CPC O ) gave me 30 days extension ,i.e, my new deadline to submit documents to Canada is Dec 15 2014.

I sent FBI an email explaining the situation earlier this week, and gave conversation emails with CIC Ottawa, and i guess this helped me. Also note that i was able to expedite shipping by contacting FBI. I opened a Fedex account couple of days back, and provided FBI with account number ( again through email ). They would be shipping back the document through fedex priority overnight instead of USPS.

o_o

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App.
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Submitted with App.
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2015 (CPC-O) 30-01-2015 (Los Angeles)
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
05-10-2015 (PRC recvd. 01-26-2016)
Pjk1 said:
Hello,
My application reached CIC yesterday, now wait starts.. Hope PER should be coming in Feb -March.
I need FBI PCC as well. Can ant one suggest by when i should apply for PCC, so that i can have the same ready when requested by VO?

Also, can any one tell the easiest way to get finger printing done in chennai, india??

Thanks.
Generally people start the PCC process as soon as they get the PER. If you are confident you have a strong application, you can start it right now.

In principle any PCC issued after you submit your application is valid for a year. So if you get your PCC now (which means the issue date would be sometime in Feb - March), it would be valid for one year from that date. So if you think you have a strong application, go ahead and apply.

One thing you need to consider is that being outside the US makes things a bit more difficult e.g. with fingerprinting. So if money is not an issue, you might as well start the process now. If your fingerprints get rejected, you still have the time for another attempt. Please always send multiple copies of the fingerprints.

I am unfortunately not in India, so I cannot help you where to do the fingerprinting. You can try the local police.

o_o

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App.
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Submitted with App.
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
nartcr said:
Updates:

Congratulations ;D I did not know this facility was available.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
Usher said:
Hello Nartcr
Which email address you used to explain your situation to FBI?
The email address is <liaison @ leo.gov> ( No spaces in email address )- They try to respond back the same day. Its the same guys whom you talk to through phone. I called them up through phone, and explained to them, and then sent the email as well. The guy who picked up the phone was nice, he listened to my concerns. This never happened to me before. Good luck.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
o_o said:
Congratulations ;D I did not know this facility was available.
I do not think you would get help unless your situation really demands that you need FBI PCC. Good luck though.

lililou2014

Dec 10, 2014
o_o said:
Hi lililou2014,

I'm am very sorry about this. Is it possible for you to travel to the US? You may be able to try to get it done here (US), like in the Police Department. I have heard that some FBI Channelers also do the fingerprinting. While you cannot submit your fingerprints through the Channler, they might be able to give it to you.

I'm curious if you can call up the FBI Call Center and tell them your problem i.e. your finger-prints have been rejected twice. In the old system, sometimes after a few attempts, they simply do a name search and give you the report. Call them up to determine your options. When I was nervous about my fingerprints being accepted, one of the call center people told me that they have problems with fingerprints from people who work in certain occupations e.g. certain kinds of nurses, etc. I unfortunately did not come under those categories.

I'm curious if you did these yourself or had some fingerprint expert do it for you. Please have someone knowledgeable do it if possible. Can the Canadian police help in this matter i.e. with the fingerprinting?

Finally, please consider applying for your State PCCs. They are easier to get, and its better to submit something better than nothing to the CIC.
Thanks for the suggestions.

I've done all the fingerprints at professional fingerprinting offices...I could go to US after getting the visa next week, but I am not sure can I just go directly to a Police Department and get this done electronically or in ink? No idea how the Channellers work? Thanks again.

Arjun_Singh_76

Jul 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent
Interview........
Waived
Hi All,

Just got sms on my mobile about CC share of $18.
My application was received by FBI on 11th Oct.
I had called them on 9th dec and they told me that they were processing 9th oct applications.
and my turn would come in a couple of days.
I guess another 4 - 5 weeks to receive the report.

Can some one tell which courier is used by FBI to send the report, do they share any tracking number.

Regards
Arjun Singh

FSW_Applicant

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
17-Sep-2015
Channelers typically process fingerprints for citizens / greencard holders. As for getting it done at the local PD, when I submitted my first prints to FBI, after taking them at my local PD, they were rejected. I am still waiting for my next round and hope that it does not get rejected this time.

Not trying to discourage you from trying o_o's suggestion, but getting it done at a US PD is no guarantee that it will go through. Plus, the local PD typically ask for proof of residence and hope that it is in their jurisdiction. What you could do however, is look at some of the earlier comments in this forum and see where the PD fingerprints were successful. You could maybe contact those PDs and then plan your trip here.

lililou2014 said:

I've done all the fingerprints at professional fingerprinting offices...I could go to US after getting the visa next week, but I am not sure can I just go directly to a Police Department and get this done electronically or in ink? No idea how the Channellers work? Thanks again.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
Arjun_Singh_76 said:
Hi All,

I had called them on 9th dec and they told me that they were processing 9th oct applications.

Can some one tell which courier is used by FBI to send the report, do they share any tracking number.

Regards
Arjun Singh
They send in normal post unless you have provided a return envelope when you submitted the finger prints.

rpishere

Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-22-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-18-2014 (with RPRF and PCC)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-13-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2015 (Received 03-09-2015)
LANDED..........
Sep '2015
One more thing to add - you can try public libraries in the US. They also provide fingerprinting services. I read in the forum that one guy sent fingerprints from local PD and public library - 2 copies from each to ensure at least 1 gets accepted out of 4.

My 2 cents :)
FSW_Applicant said:
Channelers typically process fingerprints for citizens / greencard holders. As for getting it done at the local PD, when I submitted my first prints to FBI, after taking them at my local PD, they were rejected. I am still waiting for my next round and hope that it does not get rejected this time.

Not trying to discourage you from trying o_o's suggestion, but getting it done at a US PD is no guarantee that it will go through. Plus, the local PD typically ask for proof of residence and hope that it is in their jurisdiction. What you could do however, is look at some of the earlier comments in this forum and see where the PD fingerprints were successful. You could maybe contact those PDs and then plan your trip here.

o_o

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App.
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Submitted with App.
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
lililou2014 said:

I just want to clarify that even when we say electronically, it just means the prints are scanned into a computer, and then printed out on the fingerprint cards. I think only the Channelers can submit them electronically.

Can you call up the FBI and tell them you have been rejected twice, and see what they say i.e. if you have other options? In the meanwhile please do the State PCCs and submit these.

akashsar

Jun 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2014
IELTS Request
Original
Med's Request
10/10/2014
Med's Done....
08/11/2014
nartcr said:
Updates:

Hi ,

I am happy for you that you have succeeded. I also sent a email to FBI explaining the situation last week. Since my deadline is 10th Jan I have not asked for an extension yet. FBI replied me that they cannot expedite. I attached the letter from CIC .

akashsar

Jun 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2014
IELTS Request
Original
Med's Request
10/10/2014
Med's Done....
08/11/2014
Pjk1 said:
Hello,
My application reached CIC yesterday, now wait starts.. Hope PER should be coming in Feb -March.
I need FBI PCC as well. Can ant one suggest by when i should apply for PCC, so that i can have the same ready when requested by VO?

Also, can any one tell the easiest way to get finger printing done in chennai, india??

Thanks.
Hi PjK1,

There is a government agency in Chennai ( may be forensic department ) which does finger printing with very less amount. I think Rs 500 or less. Please go through the forum pages you will find it. But if you go for any private agency they will charge Rs 3000 - 4000 per print.

I suggest you start the process immediately as it takes 12 - 14 weeks + mailing time to get your results.

akashsar

Jun 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2014
IELTS Request
Original
Med's Request
10/10/2014
Med's Done....
08/11/2014
Arjun_Singh_76 said:
Hi All,

Regards
Arjun Singh
Hi Arjun,

FBI sends out reports after at least 13 weeks through first class international mail if you are outside US. They do not have any tracking no. to share