+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC

new2canada85

Star Member
Jan 31, 2011
DiNaV said:
If you have not visited there again AFTER you got the PCC then its valid.

if you have visited there again AFTER you got the PCC then you need a new one uptill your last date of travel.
not visited there?

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
lovesburrito said:
I got my report today, finally,phew. Although not in time for my 90 day deadline. Here is my timeline. Btw I am in India so it is accordingly.
FBI recieved fingerprints on: 02/14
Cc charged: 03/27
Report recieved: 04/13
So almost 60 days since the day I sent it.
u got in 60 days, so why u say not in time for 90 day deadline?

Cbhav1

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
I have a question -

I have sent fingerprints on March 29th(date of delivery). I had sent two sets for me and my wife. FBI only gave me two FD-258 cards otherwise I could have taken 5 sets of fingerprints at least. I am reading about all the rejects and little worried as my ITA is 04/05 and will not have time to send another set after hearing back the results(if my fingerprints are not accepted).

So my question is, can I just send another set before getting the results of the first packet?

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Here is my timeline:

Delivered to FBI : 17-FEB-2017
Credit Card Charged : 04-APR-2017
Report delivered to me : 11-APR-2017

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
new2canada85 said:
not visited there?
its FBI PCC we are talking about...so obviously "visited there" means..."visited USA". ;D

lovesburrito

Mar 17, 2017
India
NOC Code......
prakash419 said:
his fault then, not CIC's fault :)
I was only giving my timeline not taking out faults. I had a fbi verification for other purposes which my agent said would work and probably would not require a new one. I had applied with that, but was asked to obtain a fresh pcc as it was older than six months and I had left the US by then

Minx

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
FYI all.

Thank you for your inquiry,

The current processing time for an FBI Background Check is taking 8-10 weeks to complete from the date the request was received. It can take 7+ weeks for a request to clear our security process, so we are not able to see the request in our system until then.

At this time we are opening mail we received on approximately 02/27/2017, without a tracking number (provided by a courier) we are unable to verify the delivery of a package until it is open. If you submitted your request by courier (Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS), please view their web site to verify delivery.

So next batch is those that delivered 1st week of March. Thank God - its taken a while!
I dont think I will make the CIC deadline tho and need to apply for an extension - despite changing my delivery address from home country to US address.

Does anyone know how long they take per date to process?
I scrolled through the thread and someone posted on 7 April that - Feb 22 packets were being processed.
Today is 14 April - Feb 27 packets are being processed. So they take about a week to process 5 days worth of packets?

gkindacool

Dec 27, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,
I know this topic has been discussed several times in multiple forums but I think it is worth discuss it again as it may help a lot of people. I talked to International Fingerprinting Services India in New Delhi (aka IFSI) , yesterday and asked if expedited FBI PCC report thourgh approved channelers will be accepted by CIC. The answer from the person on phone was "Yes".

Person on phone also mentioned the process just changed in March 2017 and FBI PCC is not sending the report on "Blue Secutiry Paper" anymore. The process is automated and it comes on a plain white A4 size paper. I tried to verify this and found this on FBI's website:
15. Will I receive my Identity History Summary on blue security paper?
Due to automation of the mailing process, the FBI does not provide Identity History Summary results on blue security paper. All responses will be processed on standard white paper.
(see FAQ #15 at (www . fbi . gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks)

Further, she also mentioned that I will get an email from FBI with an attachment which will be password protected. Password will be a combination of my SSN and DoB. If I ever need a hard copy of the FBI PCC, I should just print it and it should be as good as what I would get from the regular process.

The above statement is supported by the info provided by ashwani.m in another group at this link (www . canadavisa . com / canada- immigration-
discussion- board / fbi- pcc- t474586. 15. html)
ashwani.m said:
Yes it has FBI watermark and colored eagle logo on left top side.. I compared it to the normal PCC which my cousin got through normal process and both are identical. Even signing authority on my cousin's PCC and my PCC are same..
Moreover, FBI website says the following about expeditious handling:
4. Do you have procedures for expeditious handling?
No. The CJIS Division does not expedite requests; however, an expedited response may be provided by an FBI-approved Channeler.
(see FAQ #4 at www . fbi . gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks)

The above does not say anything about the service is only for US Citizens or Permanent Residents!

Seniors: What would you like to say about the above facts?

(NB: Please remove spaces from the links as I was getting an error that I can't post links!)

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Cbhav1 said:
I have a question -

I have sent fingerprints on March 29th(date of delivery). I had sent two sets for me and my wife. FBI only gave me two FD-258 cards otherwise I could have taken 5 sets of fingerprints at least. I am reading about all the rejects and little worried as my ITA is 04/05 and will not have time to send another set after hearing back the results(if my fingerprints are not accepted).

So my question is, can I just send another set before getting the results of the first packet?
You should be fine. If 10-20 people post about getting fingerprints rejected, there are 100s who do not post anything since their fingerprints got accepted. If not, you can submit your application with the rejected letter and proof of sending the new fingerprints to FBI. They will give you extra time.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Cbhav1 said:
I have a question -

I sent only one copy for myself and spouse and there were no issues. In fact my wife's fingerprint card got slight oil stains on the back side of the paper, but still they worked fine. :D

Tatya_Vinchu

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
DEEPCUR said:
I sent only one copy for myself and spouse and there were no issues. In fact my wife's fingerprint card got slight oil stains on the back side of the paper, but still they worked fine. :D
Stains are fine but if there are fingerprints elsewhere on the card its straight up rejection.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Tatya_Vinchu said:
Stains are fine but if there are fingerprints elsewhere on the card its straight up rejection.
That's why it is always a good idea to get help of a professional for fingerprinting. And to use the special fingerprinting ink. I remember the ink my local police station used was imported from USA itself. Must have been expensive.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
FBI received courier on 22 Feb, 2017
Credit Card swiped on 11th Apr, 2017
Report processed and mailed on 12th April 2017
Delivery - awaiting....!

My postal address is SF, California for delivery. How much time should I expect?