+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC through Channelers for Non-US Citizens/GC Holders

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My pleasure. Probably also important to note that this is a standard form, I-787, issued by FBI. Any differences between PCC from FBI are strictly due to FBI revisions to this form (e.g., mine is rev Jan 23 2015) and not due to the method (i.e., direct submission, channeler service).

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
picklee said:
For posterity sake, here is a scan of what my letter looks like, date Feb 14, 2017 from My FBI Report channeler: http://myfbireport.com/index.php
Yes, thanks for sharing. So the fact that it is on security paper (with the VOID watermark) tells IRCC that you used a channeler, and did not apply directly to the FBI. Whether or not IRCC accepts it - please keep us informed!

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

15. Will I receive my Identity History Summary on blue security paper?

Due to automation of the mailing process, the FBI does not provide Identity History Summary results on blue security paper. All responses will be processed on standard white paper.

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
jes_ON said:
Yes, thanks for sharing. So the fact that it is on security paper (with the VOID watermark) tells IRCC that you used a channeler, and did not apply directly to the FBI.
I just got a copy of FBI rapsheet from a friend. Even that has the Void watermark. Channeler or no Channeler, I think the watermark will be there.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
Yes, thanks for sharing. So the fact that it is on security paper (with the VOID watermark) tells IRCC that you used a channeler, and did not apply directly to the FBI. Whether or not IRCC accepts it - please keep us informed!

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

15. Will I receive my Identity History Summary on blue security paper?

Due to automation of the mailing process, the FBI does not provide Identity History Summary results on blue security paper. All responses will be processed on standard white paper.
Thanks for sharing that link. I think we have our answer here:
An FBI-approved Channeler may only process requests for a U.S. person (an individual who is a citizen of the U.S. or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.). A lawful permanent resident is any person not a citizen of the U.S. who is residing in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant (also known “Permanent Resident Alien,” “Resident Alien Permit Holder,” and “Green Card Holder”).

raghav30389

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
mdeep83 said:
I contacted Canadian Fingerprinting Services Inc. located at 2 College St, Toronto to get my fingerprinting done to directly submit the application to FBI. That is when the person on the phone mentioned to me about the channeler service. I asked him repeatedly to confirm what he was claiming and he did mention that they have successfully processed FBI IdHSC for Non-US citizens and Green Card holders as long as the applicant was in the US legally and has an SSN. Not sure how legitimate and useful the service is.
Hello - I got this information too from Canadian Fingerprinting at 2 College St. But I am tending to think they are legitimate because this agency was recommended by the police station in my neighborhood. I doubt if the police would give information about non-legit agencies. They say it will cost me $200 for the channeler service for non-US persons as long as my stay in the US was legal. I am really confused now. Sounds like a stress-free option if you think about it.

Raghav.

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
raghav30389 said:
Hello - I got this information too from Canadian Fingerprinting at 2 College St. But I am tending to think they are legitimate because this agency was recommended by the police station in my neighborhood. I doubt if the police would give information about non-legit agencies. They say it will cost me $200 for the channeler service for non-US persons as long as my stay in the US was legal. I am really confused now. Sounds like a stress-free option if you think about it.

Raghav.
I went to Canadian Fingerprinting Services Inc at 2 College St. I think that the service offered there is NOT adhering to FBI standards. First off, the guy kind of has a pre-filled application where the checkbox that declares that the applicant is a US Citizen/Green Card holder is already checked and he tries to ensure that the applicant somehow doesn't pay attention to it. In my opinion, he also insists that the SSN be not mentioned since it is not "mandatory". Although the report is coming from FBI and looks and is real, he is mending the laws by posting fingerprints of Non-US personnel.

I would NOT recommend this to anyone.

Reactions: mr2face

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for looking into that, mdeep83.

This is from FBI FAQ:

8. Can a company outside the United States submit fingerprints to the FBI through an FBI-approved Channeler?

Only a United States company that has the statutory authority to submit fingerprints to the FBI and receive the FBI CHRI may use an FBI-approved Channeler.
As far as I can tell, the authorized list of channelers are all companies based in the U.S.

raghav30389 said:
They say it will cost me $200 for the channeler service for non-US persons as long as my stay in the US was legal.
That is a ridiculous amount to pay. As a U.S. citizen, I used a channeler in the U.S. and it cost me US$40. I went to a sheriff's office just over the border and paid US$10 to have my fingerprints taken electronically. I mailed the application and had the letter a few days later.

For them to charge C$200 makes me think it's cross border expedited courier fees + fee for submission to an actual authorized channeler + fingerprinting costs and maybe the risk associated with this kind of fraud.

Personally, I think it's a good idea to avoid obtaining documents for an immigration application fraudulently. But that's just me.

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
picklee said:
Personally, I think it's a good idea to avoid obtaining documents for an immigration application fraudulently. But that's just me.
Couldn't agree more. The service is fraudulent and absolutely not recommended.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Ladies and Gentlemen,
In preparation to apply citizenship, per guidance from depnabill, I have to apply FBI clearance.

Few Questions:
1) Is there an agreement here that a channeler can be used, or not?

2) Assuming non-channeler route, what is the processing time now a days to get clearance after application is mailed dot FBI.

Thank you!!

ElmTree

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
So just to verify that I understanding about BOWP is correct:

1. The e-AOR for PR will be issued even if FBI clearance has been applied but the applicant hasn't received the results yet
2. the BOWP application will be accepted for processing if there's an AOR for PR app but FBI clearance is applied but pending
3. The IRCC will wait for FBI clearance/result before final decision on BOWP is taken
4. Until then, the applicant will have an implied status
5. If BOWP is eventually awarded, then all good
6. If BOWP is refused, the time spent under implied status will be considered over-stay / out-of-status stay

Can someone correct me where I misunderstood the quoted comment?

johny418_ind

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
So, it not the good way of getting services via this way. I have seen people FBI Reports are getting accepted at CIC.

What about doing the same things via 2 ways a)Via Channeler b) Direct Sending to FBI
If cic doesn't accept then we can provide the other one in 90 days.

please suggest

hrzafer

Jul 6, 2017
Hi All,

When I read through the CIC website, under a section for Non-US citizens/green card holders, the following has been mentioned about FBI police clearance certificate/ FBI Identity History Summary Check -

Please note that FBI-approved channeler service is only available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.

It says that the service is not available. However, I found an FBI channeler who says he can process FBI IdHSC for non-citizens as well and that I would get a legitimate letter directly from FBI on my mailbox.

Now, my question # 1 is - would CIC accept this or does the above statement made on the CIC website mean that even if I am able to get the service, it will not be accepted?

Note that I have already submitted a request to FBI directly and that may take 12-14 weeks. CIC states that I can still go ahead and submit my EE application with the proof that I have applied for an FBI PCC and submit the actual PCC when I get one. The catch however, in my case is that I will also have to apply for BOWP (My closed WP is expiring on June 3rd).
Question# 2: By the time I apply for BOWP, say last week of May, if I have still not received the PCC through my direct application to FBI and I go ahead and submit the BOWP, will the BOWP get rejected if CIC thinks that my PR application is incomplete? Please do let me know.
Hi mdeep83, my case is very similar to yours. I have 60 days before my open work permit expires and I am planning to apply for the FBI report today. And most probably I'll get my ITA in a few days (next draw) according to my points. So if I wait for 90 days, my OWP will expire and I won't be eligible to apply for a BOWP. If I apply right before my OWP expires, my PR application might be refused since I didn't waited enough for the FBI report. Can you please inform me about your experience? How did it go? How did you handle the situation? Thanks

saylorgunn

Apr 8, 2017
Hi
I just got a copy of FBI rapsheet from a friend. Even that has the Void watermark. Channeler or no Channeler, I think the watermark will be there.
We received my SO's FBI Identity History Summary Report, which we do the old-fashioned way. In 2016, we got him fingerprinted at a sheriff's office in the US and snail-mailed the application. We received a letter on not-quite white paper with a grey-ish seal watermark. Ours does not say VOID on it. It's now too old so we need to get another one done but we're nervous about using a 3rd party channeler. Did the one from the 3rd party channeler say VOID on it?

FYI, my SO is an American citizen.