CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
Hi All,

When I read through the CIC website, under a section for Non-US citizens/green card holders, the following has been mentioned about FBI police clearance certificate/ FBI Identity History Summary Check -

Please note that FBI-approved channeler service is only available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.

It says that the service is not available. However, I found an FBI channeler who says he can process FBI IdHSC for non-citizens as well and that I would get a legitimate letter directly from FBI on my mailbox.

Now, my question # 1 is - would CIC accept this or does the above statement made on the CIC website mean that even if I am able to get the service, it will not be accepted?

Note that I have already submitted a request to FBI directly and that may take 12-14 weeks. CIC states that I can still go ahead and submit my EE application with the proof that I have applied for an FBI PCC and submit the actual PCC when I get one. The catch however, in my case is that I will also have to apply for BOWP (My closed WP is expiring on June 3rd).
Question# 2: By the time I apply for BOWP, say last week of May, if I have still not received the PCC through my direct application to FBI and I go ahead and submit the BOWP, will the BOWP get rejected if CIC thinks that my PR application is incomplete? Please do let me know.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my FBI letter through a channeler, as a US citizen. The letter mentions nothing about the channeler I used and seems to be issued by "U.S. Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Justice Information Services Division". However, my U.S. social security number is printed on the letter, so I am not sure how a channeler would handle the request for a foreign national or what the letter would say in this case. But again, this letter looks like I went directly to the FBI.

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
picklee said:
I got my FBI letter through a channeler, as a US citizen. The letter mentions nothing about the channeler I used and seems to be issued by "U.S. Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Justice Information Services Division". However, my U.S. social security number is printed on the letter, so I am not sure how a channeler would handle the request for a foreign national or what the letter would say in this case. But again, this letter looks like I went directly to the FBI.
Thanks for the response @picklee. The SSN should not be a problem as I have an assigned SSN as well. The only problem seems to be the fact that CIC states "Please note that FBI-approved channeler service is only available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents." I posted this question in the Expression of Interest section of this forum and there some senior members on this forum are of the opinion that usage of Channeler by someone who is not a citizen/green card holder is unauthorized.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's good to know, although I think we need verification/evidence for taking a particular position rather than an opinion. Again, my FBI letter mentions nothing about the channeler that I used (My FBI Report), and I can't imagine that the letter would be materially different for a non-U.S. national. My letter doesn't even say that I am a U.S. citizen.

Please note that FBI-approved channeler service is only available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
My reading of this from the IRCC website is not that using a channeler is unauthorized, but literally unavailable.

A quick search of other channeler websites shows that most will not do the service for non-U.S. persons (citizens and PR). Which channeler did you find that will do the service?

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
picklee said:
A quick search of other channeler websites shows that most will not do the service for non-U.S. persons (citizens and PR). Which channeler did you find that will do the service?
I contacted Canadian Fingerprinting Services Inc. located at 2 College St, Toronto to get my fingerprinting done to directly submit the application to FBI. That is when the person on the phone mentioned to me about the channeler service. I asked him repeatedly to confirm what he was claiming and he did mention that they have successfully processed FBI IdHSC for Non-US citizens and Green Card holders as long as the applicant was in the US legally and has an SSN. Not sure how legitimate and useful the service is.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmmm, the FBI website only lists these 13 authorized channelers:

3M Cogent Systems
www.cogentid.com
(626) 325-9600

Accurate Biometrics
www.accuratebiometrics.com
(773) 685-5699

Biometrics4All, Inc.
www.applicantservices.com
(714) 568-9888

Daon Trusted Identity Services, Inc.
www.daontis.com/fl/index.html
(703) 797-2562

Fieldprint, Inc.
www.fieldprintfbi.com
(877) 614-4364

Inquiries, Inc.
www.inquiriesinc.com
(866) 987-3767

MorphoTrust
www.IdentoGO.com/FBICheck
(877) 783-4187

National Background Check, Inc.
www.nationalbackgroundcheck.com
(877) 932-2435

National Credit Reporting
www.myFBIreport.com
(800) 441-1661

SureID, Inc.
www.sureid.com
(855) 531-5827

Telos Identity Management Solutions, LLC
https://enroll.idvetting.com
(800) 714-3557

TRP Associates, LLC dba ID Solutions
www.trpassociates.net
(877) 885-1511

VetConnex
www.Vetconnex.net
(952)-595-5800
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/list-of-fbi-approved-channelers-for-departmental-order-submissions

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
Yes. Looks like the service provided by Canadian Fingerprinting Services Inc. is questionable. I will wait for response from FBI to my direct application.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
mdeep83 said:
Now, my question # 1 is - would CIC accept this or does the above statement made on the CIC website mean that even if I am able to get the service, it will not be accepted?

This would be the safest assumption, yes. The document you receive through a channeler is a little different than the document that you receive directly from the FBI. IRCC will know you used a channeler. If you are not a US Citizen/PR, they can reject the PCC and then return your application as incomplete. Others have reported this happening.

Note that I have already submitted a request to FBI directly and that may take 12-14 weeks. CIC states that I can still go ahead and submit my EE application with the proof that I have applied for an FBI PCC and submit the actual PCC when I get one. The catch however, in my case is that I will also have to apply for BOWP (My closed WP is expiring on June 3rd).
Question# 2: By the time I apply for BOWP, say last week of May, if I have still not received the PCC through my direct application to FBI and I go ahead and submit the BOWP, will the BOWP get rejected if CIC thinks that my PR application is incomplete? Please do let me know.

If your application is deemed incomplete, your BOWP application will be refused, yes. But this decision will not be made until after you have had the opportunity to submit the FBI certificate (assuming you submit the necessary letter of explanation and proof that you applied for the FBI certificate).

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
Re: FBI PCC through Channelers for Non-US

Thank you very much for your response jes_ON.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
The document you receive through a channeler is a little different than the document that you receive directly from the FBI.
I would be interested to see the evidence for this. My letter is printed on tamper proof paper with FBI letterhead. No mention of the channeler I used.

I can't imagine why it would matter to IRCC whether you got the document from a channeler or the FBI directly since it's the same certified information. I think the statement on the IRCC website is meant to be informative rather than authoritative. In other words, the FBI might not allow non-U.S. persons to use a channeler.

Either case, the OP mentioned that the request has already been made directly to FBI, so information here is strictly for the benefit of other applicants.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
picklee said:
I would be interested to see the evidence for this. My letter is printed on tamper proof paper with FBI letterhead. No mention of the channeler I used.

You are welcome to search the forum, it has been discussed a few times. Have you scanned the document yet? Apparently, the certificate issued by the channeler will show a watermark when you scan it (I think it shows "Copy"), the certificates issued directly by the FBI are no longer printed on this kind of paper.

I can't imagine why it would matter to IRCC whether you got the document from a channeler or the FBI directly since it's the same certified information. I think the statement on the IRCC website is meant to be informative rather than authoritative. In other words, the FBI might not allow non-U.S. persons to use a channeler.

Those are the FBI's rules. Given that there are "unofficial" channelers that are apparently willing to break the rules, I'd say IRCC has good reason to be cautious; I don't think you can assume it IS the same "certified" information.

While some people have reported having their Channeler certificate rejected, others have succeeded. Depends on how much you want to gamble.

Either case, the OP mentioned that the request has already been made directly to FBI, so information here is strictly for the benefit of other applicants.

True. But the OP asked for my opinion via PM, so I have given it.

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
@jes_ON & @picklee - while it is true that I have submitted the direct FBI application, going through some threads here as well as else where, I have come to know of many cases where FBI has rejected the application based on the fingerprint quality. Hence was looking for other alternatives.

Now, one way to probably work around the problem of rejection at the end of 3 months is to send multiple copies of the finger print with each application. I was looking for other alternatives as well to fast track this.

Also, I was told by this company on College St, Toronto that I would receive a soft copy (pdf) which I can directly upload. I am unable to trust the legitimacy of the company. Still, given that my CWP is expiring, sooner I get my BOWP the better for my job hunting.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
Have you scanned the document yet? Apparently, the certificate issued by the channeler will show a watermark when you scan it (I think it shows "Copy"), the certificates issued directly by the FBI are no longer printed on this kind of paper.
I have scanned the letter and it shows "VOID".

jes_ON said:
Those are the FBI's rules. Given that there are "unofficial" channelers that are apparently willing to break the rules, I'd say IRCC has good reason to be cautious; I don't think you can assume it IS the same "certified" information.

While some people have reported having their Channeler certificate rejected, others have succeeded. Depends on how much you want to gamble.
This is exactly my point, the rules pertain to the FBI, not IRCC. IRCC only says that channelers are unavailable to non-U.S. persons, not that they are unacceptable. I think you have to assume it is the same certified information if you are using an FBI-approved channeler.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
picklee said:
I have scanned the letter and it shows "VOID".

This is exactly my point, the rules pertain to the FBI, not IRCC. IRCC only says that channelers are unavailable to non-U.S. persons, not that they are unacceptable. I think you have to assume it is the same certified information if you are using an FBI-approved channeler.
And my point is that if a channeler issues an FBI cert to a non-citizen, non-PR, they are violating FBI rules and not legitimate. You must assume that it is NOT the same.

But I do wish you luck. PCCs, no matter what, are a PITA.