+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC - Option to Resubmit via eDO (Applications after Nov 1, '17

PranitaJ

Feb 12, 2018
I do not know where you are in the US, however, I found an agency online, that captures the fingerprint and prints them on a card. They are available in select cities as well. Check it out and give it a try if its near by.

https://www.identogo.com/services/fingerprint-card

Thank you so much. I think I had called this one but they redirected to the state department where IDs would be asked again. But I'm checking today again. I called one today, they agreed to do it digitally. I'm waiting for my resubmit eDO option to be answered and if that doesn't work, will check for live scan, first thing.

Reactions: bibinpanicker

PranitaJ

Feb 12, 2018
Is this a usual thing not to get fingerprints detected easily? I mean are there any worse experiences like mine here?

bibinpanicker

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Is this a usual thing not to get fingerprints detected easily? I mean are there any worse experiences like mine here?
My wife has dry skin and it was really difficult to get her prints done electronically. They applied moisturizing lotion on her hands and rolled them on the capture device to get her prints.

PranitaJ

Feb 12, 2018
My wife has dry skin and it was really difficult to get her prints done electronically. They applied moisturizing lotion on her hands and rolled them on the capture device to get her prints.
Oh is it. Yeah it should be done electronically. Atleast the system denies if they are of bad quality. On paper with ink, you go on paying and only the end result can confirm whether they are good quality fingerprints and the cycle continues. I'm going for a live scan if I fail in this current attempt too. Thank you for the help.

PranitaJ

Feb 12, 2018
I tried resubmitting through eDO. All went well but they estimate it'll take 2 weeks. And when I asked for reconfirmation, they said 2-3 weeks. :/

Only if you do a normal request through eDO and send fingerprints, it is processed in 48 hours. And for resubmitting option, 2-3 weeks they said.

Noliso

Feb 1, 2018
- My first IDHS request was done in August 2017. I received reply in Dec with "fingerprint quality too low."
- I got my CIC submission date extended and reapplied IDHS with 3 sets of fingerprints in Dec. These are still in process taking even longer tham before. So I will not be able to make to my extended CIC deadline too. FBI suggested to try for eDO.
- I submitted 2 fingerprint copies last Thursday i.e. on Feb 8th, 2018. I received quick reply in the morning today with my IDHS result but same way: "fingerprint quality too low.".
- So I was about to resend it again today but first checked for other options and I read your thread. I have just on sent the email with the information you mentioned. Let's see how it goes. I have 3 fingerprint sets with them which I have referred using my eDO confirmation email.

Even the police official from the police station mentioned that the fingerprints look fine but still two times straight I'm replied with 'quality too low.' My husband did his fingerprints from the same police station, and he got his IDHS in the first attempt itself. I'm quite worried now. It's taking forever.
Hello, Im about to do the same thing as you did with the new option to resubmit. Can you tell me how it goes for you ?
Thanks

PranitaJ

Feb 12, 2018
Hello, I'm about to do the same thing as you did with the new option to resubmit. Can you tell me how it goes for you ?
Thanks

Hello,
Sure. I'm yet to receive a response. I did it on 13th, I called them yesterday, I called them today for status checking. One generous lady explained the process to me. She said,
They have to physically go to their other department and search for the earlier sent fingerprints. This may take a while i.e. upto 2 weeks. Once they get hold of fingerprints, they'll update us via email that they have our fingerprints and after that the in 48 hours, you'll receive the result.
I explicitly asked her if this fingerprint hunt anyhow extends beyond 2 weeks. She denied and said it has usually taken maximum 2 weeks.

Meanwhile I've finally managed to find one Livescan fingerprinting service.
As per my experience with the fingerprints I have taken till date, honestly I have no hopes with this resubmit result though. So I'm going to wait for a week more and then will probably go for the Livescan thing.
Reason of my haste being I just have 3 weeks left for my submission to CIC, and I don't want to extend that date one more time!

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
When I went to get fingerprints taken at a lab, my fingerprints didn't came out very good but I would say that that was technician's fault. I went to another lab where my fingerprints came out well and I got the eDO. Technician at first lab told me about another lady who had some problem with her hand that her fingerprints very feeble.

Sometime it depends on technician, sometimes it may be physical factors.

PranitaJ

Feb 12, 2018
When I went to get fingerprints taken at a lab, my fingerprints didn't came out very good but I would say that that was technician's fault. I went to another lab where my fingerprints came out well and I got the eDO. Technician at first lab told me about another lady who had some problem with her hand that her fingerprints very feeble.

Sometime it depends on technician, sometimes it may be physical factors.

Yes. Did you do digital fingerprints? or with ink&paper?

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
Yes. Did you do digital fingerprints? or with ink&paper?
I got it done via roll & ink only as there aren't many options for live scan in India. However based on what I read/seen online, live scan can be better, so go for them if you have the option.

PranitaJ

Feb 12, 2018
I got it done via roll & ink only as there aren't many options for live scan in India. However based on what I read/seen online, live scan can be better, so go for them if you have the option.
Yes exactly. Instead of trying the same thing again and again, I'll try if I can get Livescan done. If this result is also a rejection, Livescan will be my 4th attempt.

PranitaJ

Feb 12, 2018
So finally I got my IDHS from US FBI, in my 4th attempt. So anybody who is going through rejections due to low quality of fingerprints, please try reaching out to Live Scan fingerprinting services.

Reactions: bibinpanicker