Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Just to solve all the mystery regarding the FBI PCC, which takes a long time to process.

You can go ahead and submit your application WITHOUT the FBI PCC, and in the LoE explain that you have applied for one, but since it takes more than 90 days to process, it won't be available before the last date to file your application, there request an extension. IRCC will give you an extension and when they start processing your file, which would be 30 days after AoR, give you 30 days to submit the FBI PCC. Drawback is that your file will keep sitting until you submit it. If you receive the FBI PCC before a request is made from IRCC, you can send it via CSE.

I wrote the following in the LoE, I was successfully given 30 days to file the FBI PCC.

[DATE]

Immigration Officer
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada

Re: Explanation letter in support of [NAME OF APPLICANT] application.

Dear Immigration Officer:

I am writing to request that you consider accepting my immigration application without the Police Clearance Certificate from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S.A. (hereinafter “FBI”), because of the delay in processing by the FBI. If accepting the application without the FBI Clearance Certificate is not an option, I request that you consider granting me an extension until I receive the Clearance Certificate from the FBI.

Upon receiving the Invitation to Apply (ITA) on [DATE WHEN ITA WAS RECEIVED], I expeditiously got my fingerprinting done and dispatched my application requesting for a background check to the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division in Clarksburg, West Virginia, U.S.A. The background check application was dispatched on [DATE WHEN APPLICATION WAS DISPATCHED] via United States Postal Service (USPS) express mail, and was delivered at the FBI CJIS division on [DATE WHEN IT WAS RECEIVED AT FBI]. A copy of the USPS express mail receipt, USPS sales receipt, cash receipt for fingerprinting by the [SHERIFF'S OFFICE / POLICE DEPARTMENT NAME ] Office, and the delivery confirmation is enclosed along with for your perusal.

Further, the FBI website states as follows:

“On September 7, 2014, CJIS installed a new IT system. As a result of this installation, we are experiencing delays in processing. Please be assured that each issue is being identified and resolved as quickly as possible, but at this time anticipated processing time for an Identity History Summary is approximately 11-13 weeks. Allow additional time for mail delivery.”

WHEN I APPLIED THIS NOTICE WAS THERE ON THE FBI WEBSITE, IF IT IS NO LONGER THERE, THEN YOU CAN REMOVE IT

In light of these extenuating factors, I request that my application be considered without the FBI clearance Certificate, and as soon as it becomes available, I will forward the same. Alternatively, I have obtained a clearance certificate from the [STATE WHERE I WAS RESIDENT OF IN USA], which has been made a part of the application and is also enclosed along with for your perusal.

If there is any additional information that would aid IRCC in considering this request, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you for your time and consideration of this request.

Kind regards,​

Hope this helps!

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
This is a very old thread but I wish to know what happened to your case for submitting the application without PCC
I sent a case-specific enquiry with the updated info before they processed it, and it wasn't an issue.

Reactions: Annliz

harrys147

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hello guys,
i called today ant they said currently they have opened July-31docs. Is any one aware how can i submit right now without PCC with proof of apply and letter of explanation? I have money order purchase receipt, money order customer receipt, USPS mail receipt and tracking number and tracking details with date it delivered. Is it sufficient?

Thanks in advance

DelhiUSCanada

Aug 6, 2017
Hello guys,
i called today ant they said currently they have opened July-31docs. Is any one aware how can i submit right now without PCC with proof of apply and letter of explanation? I have money order purchase receipt, money order customer receipt, USPS mail receipt and tracking number and tracking details with date it delivered. Is it sufficient?

Thanks in advance
Yes, it should be sufficient..but it would be better if you can add the receipt mentioning that you got your finger printing done... All the best...

aralizadegan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Just to solve all the mystery regarding the FBI PCC, which takes a long time to process.

You can go ahead and submit your application WITHOUT the FBI PCC, and in the LoE explain that you have applied for one, but since it takes more than 90 days to process, it won't be available before the last date to file your application, there request an extension. IRCC will give you an extension and when they start processing your file, which would be 30 days after AoR, give you 30 days to submit the FBI PCC. Drawback is that your file will keep sitting until you submit it. If you receive the FBI PCC before a request is made from IRCC, you can send it via CSE.

I wrote the following in the LoE, I was successfully given 30 days to file the FBI PCC.

[DATE]

Immigration Officer
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada

Re: Explanation letter in support of [NAME OF APPLICANT] application.

Dear Immigration Officer:

I am writing to request that you consider accepting my immigration application without the Police Clearance Certificate from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S.A. (hereinafter “FBI”), because of the delay in processing by the FBI. If accepting the application without the FBI Clearance Certificate is not an option, I request that you consider granting me an extension until I receive the Clearance Certificate from the FBI.

Upon receiving the Invitation to Apply (ITA) on [DATE WHEN ITA WAS RECEIVED], I expeditiously got my fingerprinting done and dispatched my application requesting for a background check to the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division in Clarksburg, West Virginia, U.S.A. The background check application was dispatched on [DATE WHEN APPLICATION WAS DISPATCHED] via United States Postal Service (USPS) express mail, and was delivered at the FBI CJIS division on [DATE WHEN IT WAS RECEIVED AT FBI]. A copy of the USPS express mail receipt, USPS sales receipt, cash receipt for fingerprinting by the [SHERIFF'S OFFICE / POLICE DEPARTMENT NAME ] Office, and the delivery confirmation is enclosed along with for your perusal.

Further, the FBI website states as follows:

“On September 7, 2014, CJIS installed a new IT system. As a result of this installation, we are experiencing delays in processing. Please be assured that each issue is being identified and resolved as quickly as possible, but at this time anticipated processing time for an Identity History Summary is approximately 11-13 weeks. Allow additional time for mail delivery.”

WHEN I APPLIED THIS NOTICE WAS THERE ON THE FBI WEBSITE, IF IT IS NO LONGER THERE, THEN YOU CAN REMOVE IT

In light of these extenuating factors, I request that my application be considered without the FBI clearance Certificate, and as soon as it becomes available, I will forward the same. Alternatively, I have obtained a clearance certificate from the [STATE WHERE I WAS RESIDENT OF IN USA], which has been made a part of the application and is also enclosed along with for your perusal.

If there is any additional information that would aid IRCC in considering this request, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you for your time and consideration of this request.

Kind regards,​

Hope this helps!
Thank you very much for helpful information. Do you know what would be the risk that I'm taking in case my application got rejected for PCC (even with explanation letter and stuff0

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you very much for helpful information. Do you know what would be the risk that I'm taking in case my application got rejected for PCC (even with explanation letter and stuff0
If your request is legitimate, there is no risk. Most requests are granted by IRCC.

aralizadegan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
If your request is legitimate, there is no risk. Most requests are granted by IRCC.
Sorry I feel I didn't ask my question well. What I mean is assume my entire application gets rejected because I don't have PCC. Comparing this with the scenario that I decline the invitation myself or I don't even fill the profile in the first place, what would be the disadvantages (or possible extra works) of application being rejected.

I'm asking this because if the only disadvantage of application being rejected is to fill another profile, it is much more beneficial to do it because 1) you don't risk the minimum points going high 2) you may save some application processing time because they may process a lot of your existing docs until they receive PCC.

Thank you SO MUCH for posting your letter! This is a huge help!

Kshitijindus

Nov 23, 2017
I too have applied (November 20) without a letter from the FBI, I said in my explanation letter that I will send one out as soon as I get it. Hopefully the Canadian authorities will consider it.

Kshitijindus

Nov 23, 2017
Hello guys,

Thanks in advance

You can combine all the documents as proof into a PDF file and apply

Aka.2017

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Is there anyone here whose application got rejected because of submission without fbi's pcc and also after giving legitimate LOE regarding the same?

Colonial

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
I too have applied (November 20) without a letter from the FBI, I said in my explanation letter that I will send one out as soon as I get it. Hopefully the Canadian authorities will consider it.
Hi Kshitijindus,

Did you get any response or letter yet? or did your application status progressed to something ??

Appreciate your response.

Thanks..

Kshitijindus

Nov 23, 2017
Hi Kshitijindus,

Did you get any response or letter yet? or did your application status progressed to something ??

Appreciate your response.

Thanks..
I have been given time by IRCC to submit it. I am praying FBI dispatches the letter to me soon _/\_

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Is there anyway we can contact FBI to know the status? If yes can you let me know how?
As per their website the current processing time is 14-16weeks..
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

I sent my mail to them on 20th Nov
You can call FBI customer service - 304-625-5590 (fastest way) or send an email to identity@fbi.gov (typically replies within 24 hours).

If you are gathering proof for your FBI application submission to provide CIC to ask for extension later, you can attach your email communications as an additional proof apart from courier receipt and tracking number.