+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI fingerprint form, clarifications

physicsece

Nov 15, 2007
Please help me to clarify some doubts.....

"Fingerprints for U.S. record checks should be taken on the FBI FINGERPRINT FORM. Do not contact any FBI office regarding fingerprinting. A Fingerprint Form can be obtained by requesting one by mail from the FBI at the address listed below"

Does this sentence mean I don't have to pay anything, I need to just request for a form and they will send me one.

Do I need to send also self addressed stamped envelope to them? What is the form number I need to request ?

I got this statement from http://geo.international.gc.ca/can-am/buffalo/visas/police_certificate-en.asp#how_us

Thank You in advance

tgurl

Nov 6, 2007
The way it works is you request the fingerprint card, you get your fingerprints done and THEN you send the card with the fee ($18) like it says in the page. Also the agency you use to get the prints will charge you but that fee varies with the agencies
STEP TWO - SEND FINGERPRINTS ALONG WITH A PROCESSING FEE TO THE FBI:

Federal Bureau of Investigation,
Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS Division),
Attn: SCU, Mod. D-2,
1000 Custer Hollow Road,
Clarksburg, West Virginia, U.S.A., 26306.

A CERTIFIED CHECK OR MONEY ORDER for U.S. $18 should be made payable to "Treasury of the United States".

I hope this helps.

Bianca

physicsece

Nov 15, 2007
Bianca,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Could you please write me how to request the finger print card from FBI. Just writing a mail or some other way. Do I have to pay for blank finger print card.

Thank You again

physicsece

Nov 15, 2007
thaiguy, Thanks a lot

Yes you are right, but the place I am right now is Bethlehem, PA. And here I am having a difficult time to get the fingerprints done and they ask me to get the form from FBI.

So need some help.

Thank You

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Ok. Then just write a letter to the FBI asking for the forms. They'll send 2 free of charge. You don't need to send a self-addressed stamped envelope. And you'll only need 1 set of fingerprints to have your background check done.

If you want to get the forms faster, you can also print them yourself.

Here's the website with instructions and the fingerprint form for download..

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

Yasmine

Apr 2, 2010
Hi,
I am preparing to apply for my Canadian immigration and am wondering how to go about my FBI clearance since I am living in the US. Does anyone know what the process is for individuals applying from the US for the FBI clearance......any help will be greatly appreciated 
Thanks,

Yasmine

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Yasmine said:
Hi,
I am preparing to apply for my Canadian immigration and am wondering how to go about my FBI clearance since I am living in the US. Does anyone know what the process is for individuals applying from the US for the FBI clearance......any help will be greatly appreciated 
Thanks,

Yasmine
The same as everyone else. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp