+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Clearence

Jannet313

Apr 5, 2016
Me and my husband were asked for FBI Clearence. Who has done it recently?
How to do it faster?
How long did it take for you?

Also he was asked provide Russian police check. He has never been a reseed the of Russia. I am Russia.
On the phone officer could not explain why they asked him it.
What is our next step?
Please advise.
Thank you.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
If your husband has never been to Russia you should compose a letter and let them know that your husband has never been there, therefore obtaining a Russian police clearance is impossible. If he has been to Russia before then just provide them with what they ask for. They have their reasons.

The FBI clearance will usually take about 2 to 4 weeks, depending on the load they are dealing with and where you are applying from.

Make sure you fill in the forms completely and follow the instructions correctly.

Best of luck,

albailey

May 1, 2015
rezafc said:
The FBI clearance will usually take about 2 to 4 weeks, depending on the load they are dealing with and where you are applying from.
Unless the DoJ has made great strides in efficiency within the last 6 months, the current turnaround time for an FBI report is about 3 months. (3.5 months, in my case)
The FBI received my application and fingerprints September 1 2015. The report was completed December 14, 2015, and I received them in Vancouver a week later.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
albailey said:
Unless the DoJ has made great strides in efficiency within the last 6 months, the current turnaround time for an FBI report is about 3 months. (3.5 months, in my case)
The FBI received my application and fingerprints September 1 2015. The report was completed December 14, 2015, and I received them in Vancouver a week later.
13 to 15 weeks currently quoted on FBI site https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Wow! Back in 2013 it was a month, tops! Everything is just consuming more and more time! Thanks for the update.

SAK81

Apr 27, 2016
Hi ,

Has anyone tried the FBI approved Channeler route ? That seems to be a pretty faster process .
I have also read on some other threads that CIC does accept those reports .
Just want to confirm if that is possible .

On the FBI website , it states that their procedures are similar to that of FBI :-

"An FBI-approved Channeler simply helps expedite the delivery of Identity History Summary information on behalf of the FBI. The process for making a request through an FBI-approved Channeler is consistent with FBI submission procedures. "