+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Clearance Extension

natedawg

Jun 17, 2017
Dear Forum Members,

I will appreciate your response on the following.

My ITA expires in two weeks' time. All of my required documents are complete (including medical, experience letters and PCC from other countries). I am waiting to receive the FBI clearance. My credit card has been charged on July 18, 2017. I spoke to FBI customer service and they are processing FD-258 received on May 2, 2017. My package was delivered to FBI on May 3, 2017.

Will I be able to receive my FBI clearance within two weeks time? If not, will CIC give an extension to me for the FBI clearance when all of my other documents are complete? If yes, what is the procedure to request such an extension?

I am spoke to the agent I am using and according to the agent, CIC does not grant such extensions. Is this true?

I will appreciate your feedback.

Regards

duli100

Jun 6, 2017
You should get the FBI PCC in 2 weeks. My credit card was charged on 7/6 and I received the PCC in the mail in 7/14, so about 8 days plus and minus. If you dont' get it in time, just write it in the LOE, attaching all the receipts, delivery notice, credit card transaction, and you should be find. CIC is aware of the time it takes for FBI PCC. Hope it helps.

natedawg

Jun 17, 2017
You should get the FBI PCC in 2 weeks. My credit card was charged on 7/6 and I received the PCC in the mail in 7/14, so about 8 days plus and minus. If you dont' get it in time, just write it in the LOE, attaching all the receipts, delivery notice, credit card transaction, and you should be find. CIC is aware of the time it takes for FBI PCC. Hope it helps.
Thank you very much for your reply. I am also keeping my fingers crossed for it.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Depends which address you're expecting the PCC to be sent to. If the USA/Canada, you'll get it within 2 weeks. If elsewhere, it may reach in time, it may not.
As a backup plan, email FBI (I don't know the address, check online) and get it in writing about the status of your case and if it's been dispatched etc. And explain that in an LOE.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Dear Forum Members,

I will appreciate your response on the following.

My ITA expires in two weeks' time. All of my required documents are complete (including medical, experience letters and PCC from other countries). I am waiting to receive the FBI clearance. My credit card has been charged on July 18, 2017. I spoke to FBI customer service and they are processing FD-258 received on May 2, 2017. My package was delivered to FBI on May 3, 2017.

Will I be able to receive my FBI clearance within two weeks time? If not, will CIC give an extension to me for the FBI clearance when all of my other documents are complete? If yes, what is the procedure to request such an extension?

I am spoke to the agent I am using and according to the agent, CIC does not grant such extensions. Is this true?

I will appreciate your feedback.

Regards
Your agents is wrong! CIC grants such extension if your provide proper proof to support your claim that you have applied for the US PCC. Personally I know a few people who got 60 days extension. As a matter of fact, today only someone told me that he got an extension for FBI PCC.

If you do not get your PCC within 10 days, I'll suggest to submit your application with proper proofs. The courier receipt, Credit Card charges, Email from FBI and an explanation regarding the same will be sufficient.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

natedawg

Jun 17, 2017
Depends which address you're expecting the PCC to be sent to. If the USA/Canada, you'll get it within 2 weeks. If elsewhere, it may reach in time, it may not.
As a backup plan, email FBI (I don't know the address, check online) and get it in writing about the status of your case and if it's been dispatched etc. And explain that in an LOE.

I am expecting the PCC at a US address. Thank you for your response.

natedawg

Jun 17, 2017
Your agents is wrong! CIC grants such extension if your provide proper proof to support your claim that you have applied for the US PCC. Personally I know a few people who got 60 days extension. As a matter of fact, today only someone told me that he got an extension for FBI PCC.

If you do not get your PCC within 10 days, I'll suggest to submit your application with proper proofs. The courier receipt, Credit Card charges, Email from FBI and an explanation regarding the same will be sufficient.

Thank you very much for your reply. I will follow the instructions if need be.