+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Approved Channeler Experience in 2015?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zibi762 said:
When I e-mail National Credit Reporting they told me "We can accept FBI Report requests from countries outside the U.S.; however, we can only mail the FBI Report to the consumer's U.S. address. Yes, we can mail the report to a direct relative in the U.S. (i.e. parents)."

My boyfriend and I were planning on using the channeler and having it sent to his parent's address in the US - does this address show up anywhere for CIC to verify against your application. He's an American citizen, but we're studying abroad...
NCR will mail the results to a lawyer in the U.S., but...they require the applicant to have their fingerprints taken in the U.S., at one of their fingerprinting locations.

[from their faq page]:
Can you send my FBI Criminal Report to an address outside of the United States?

No. The FBI does not allow CJIS Channelers to disseminate FBI Criminal Report information outside of the United States.

Can my FBI Criminal Report results be sent to another individual?

You may have your FBI Criminal Report mailed to a designated attorney, if identified in your FBI Criminal Report Request. For reports to be utilized by an attorney, please see specific instructions below.

-------------

While it should be easy for a U.S. citizen to use a service like this, those that are outside of the U.S. will likely find it to be impossible.

InCanada_1

Feb 11, 2015
Hi,
Are you all American citizens? I've called several approved companies now and none will do this for me unless I am an American/green card holder. Has anyone here received their report back through a channeler who is not an American?
Has anyone used fingerscan dot ca I think they forward the details onto an American Channelers (yet another middle man) but I dont see how that would work either.

This is taken from Accurate Biometrics's website
FEDERAL BUREAU of INVESTIGATION NOTIFICATION: Channelers can only process Departmental Orders from US Citizens and Non-US Citizens who have Permanent Resident status; Non-US Citizens must make the Departmental Order request directly to the FBI. Finally, please note that inquiries for Departmental Orders must be made by the individual applicant and the FBI response must be sent to the applicant or the applicant’s attorney.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
InCanada_1 said:
Hi,
Are you all American citizens? I've called several approved companies now and none will do this for me unless I am an American/green card holder. Has anyone here received their report back through a channeler who is not an American?
Has anyone used fingerscan dot ca I think they forward the details onto an American Channelers (yet another middle man) but I dont see how that would work either.

This is taken from Accurate Biometrics's website
FEDERAL BUREAU of INVESTIGATION NOTIFICATION: Channelers can only process Departmental Orders from US Citizens and Non-US Citizens who have Permanent Resident status; Non-US Citizens must make the Departmental Order request directly to the FBI. Finally, please note that inquiries for Departmental Orders must be made by the individual applicant and the FBI response must be sent to the applicant or the applicant's attorney.
I don't believe that digital prints (Live Scan) can be transmitted/sent electronically over an international border. This is a rule imposed by the FBI, so I suspect that a channeler would have the same restriction.

InCanada_1

Feb 11, 2015
Thats not the issue - I live close to a border, I told them I could drive to their offices and do it there - they said it wouldnt help as I am not American.

rp1921

Dec 4, 2014
Ponga said:
You can't simply provide a U.S. address (for a friend or family member). It must be your home address and must match the address on your I.D. (and the address that you list in your PR application).
That is not a problem , because my parents has green card , they have greencard .

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rp1921 said:
That is not a problem , because my parents has green card , they have greencard .
What does that mean, in regards to your FBI report? You can't have the report mailed to their address...even if they have a green card.

InCanada_1

Feb 11, 2015
The mail issue is minor - you can get a mail box in the US and go pick it up. That's not the problem. The problem is; none of the channelers I called (4 so far), AND as stated on their websites, and on the FBI guidelines, Channelers WILL NOT even take your info/money/fingerprints for the purpose of the FBI report unless you are A) American, or B)Permanent American Citizens/Green card holder. So, if you are like me - you are not American - is using a channeler possible? If so how, and who did you use? Has a non-American successfully received their FBI report through a channeler? According the CIC website, this is supposed to be possible, but I don't see how.
thanks for reading.

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
Just an FYI to folks waiting on the FBI directly. I sent my request to them on December 6 and they charged my credit card today. So they are now running a little faster than the 14-16 weeks that they state on the website...maybe they are starting to catch up.

Morganhannah

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
18-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2015
Does anyone know if we have already sent the request to the FBI and are still waiting for a response.. Can we go ahead and use a channler as well while waiting?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Morganhannah said:
Does anyone know if we have already sent the request to the FBI and are still waiting for a response.. Can we go ahead and use a channler as well while waiting?
Sure, as long as the applicant is physically present in the U.S..

pascal19

Feb 17, 2015
Ponga said:
Sure, as long as the applicant is physically present in the U.S..
Hello Guys,
I ve sent my Fingerprints, document and money order to Inquiries, Inc ( FBI approved in Maryland-Easton), I complete a formular online ( their website connected to FBI), the next day, I received the PDF document and they sent out a mail to my Maryland's adress ( my family is there). when I will receiv, i will not open it and file that to CIC, I think it will be okay.

I asked too directly to FBI last week, it costs much if CIC refuse my FBI apprved Channel, I will not a late for From FBI document.
I sent to FBI in 2013 when I was USA, I never have get a response.
I hope...

cali2bc

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
California, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
AOR Received.
11-06-2015
File Transfer...
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2015 (Decision Made 25-11-2015)
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
saria1 said:
The CIC site says to send in what was "mailed" to you including all paperwork. We received a detailed receipt when my husband was fingerprinted, with the portal access information. I'm mailing that receipt in with the report we receive in the mail. There are only 3 channelers who provide reports via mail. All three channelers also print the report on tamper proof paper, this allows for the State Dept in DC to apostille the document. The State Dept will not apostille the PDF's that we access in the portals.

Here are the 3 channelers that provide these types of reports, for those who want to be sure to cross their T's and dot their I's with CIC:

Accurate Biometrics

National Credit Reporting

National Background Check, Inc

As for providing original signatures, the PDF I obtained in the portal had a scanned signature applied. I'm going to assume the report mailed will be the same, since the channeler is printing that same report I received, except it's on tamper proof paper.

The document contains a partial SSN, it's in the format of XXX-XX-1234.

Yes, the customer service people at CIC are extremely friendly, but I noticed the information from this group is so much better and reliable. From what I was told yesterday by the fingerprinting agency, there are some channelers modifying the formats in which they are making accessible to their clients. Also, some of the fingerprint locations are in odd spots such as Home Depot or UPS stores, where a certified official, or someone who is trained to confirm you are who you say you are, takes your prints. I think once CIC starts receiving some of the reports and they see the variations in format, then CIC will realize they need to establish better guidelines for applicants.
I wonder why two channelers would show the SSN differently. The results that I received were in the format of XXX-XX-XXXX. Should I be concerned? Should CIC be concerned?

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
cali2bc said:
I know there has been quite a bit of discussion in the past about FBI Channelers. I noticed that CIC now states on their website that they allow FBI approved channelers to process the background check. Given this new information, and the fact that the FBI is no longer producing background checks on blue security paper, I chose to go with Fieldprint, an FBI approved channeler. Within an hour of my fingerprint appointment, I received my results online.

Is anyone else choosing this method in 2015? Please share! We are submitting our U.S. outland application for PR within the next two weeks.
Is this true? I saw on the CIC site that they don't allow third-party companies to process your background check:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

"Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not accept FBI police certificates issued by FBI-approved third party private companies. Only police certificates issued directly by the FBI will be accepted."

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
cali2bc said:
I wonder why two channelers would show the SSN differently. The results that I received were in the format of XXX-XX-XXXX. Should I be concerned? Should CIC be concerned?
I know some of the channelers are modifying the reports and the clients aren't receiving them the way they are submitted to the channeler. I just hope you got that in to CIC before March 9th.