+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Approved Channeler Experience in 2015?

zibi762

Feb 2, 2015
Is there any way to circumvent the issue of channelers not sending internationally? My boyfriend is American, but we're currently studying in Germany. Would we be able to just use his parents' address to have the background check sent? He was recently home over the summer and was able to renew his driver's license under the premise that he's still an Alabama resident. Or would it also show up somewhere on the background check that his address of residence is in the US and not Germany? I don't want to do anything that would cause issue/delay with our application, but, 16 weeks is an awful long time for a background check.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
zibi762 said:
Is there any way to circumvent the issue of channelers not sending internationally? My boyfriend is American, but we're currently studying in Germany. Would we be able to just use his parents' address to have the background check sent? He was recently home over the summer and was able to renew his driver's license under the premise that he's still an Alabama resident. Or would it also show up somewhere on the background check that his address of residence is in the US and not Germany? I don't want to do anything that would cause issue/delay with our application, but, 16 weeks is an awful long time for a background check.
He needs to be fingerprinted by a law enforcement agency for a channeler to accept the prints. Unless that channeler offers livescan. If he's coming back soon, I would think he would be able to submit then. Otherwise, you might want to hurry up and get his application submitted to the ever growing FBI queue.

Good luck, this whole FBI system update has turned their 20 day turnaround into an absolute nightmare! One big fail on their part is not even having a system in place for rejected prints to jump queue...... If you haven't noticed, I'm still stewing over 17 weeks wasted!

zibi762

Feb 2, 2015
It looked like for a couple of the FBI channelers, you could simply mail in the fingerprint cards as we would for the FBI? Do the prints for FBI channelers have to be taken in the US?

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
zibi762 said:
It looked like for a couple of the FBI channelers, you could simply mail in the fingerprint cards as we would for the FBI? Do the prints for FBI channelers have to be taken in the US?
If you look at the fingerprint card they require the prints to be on, you will see the official taking the prints has to sign and add the address of where the prints were taken and who they work for. It also asks for country of residence.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/fd-258-1

Maybe an attorney can get this done? I know the channelers will mail a report to an attorney.

I'm going to use Accurate Biometrics, since they mail the actual report on tamper proof paper. Maybe look into them?

http://www.accuratebiometrics.com/fingerprinting_FBI_Procedures_By_Mail.html

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saria1 said:
If you look at the fingerprint card they require the prints to be on, you will see the official taking the prints has to sign and add the address of where the prints were taken and who they work for. It also asks for country of residence.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/fd-258-1

Maybe an attorney can get this done? I know the channelers will mail a report to an attorney.

I'm going to use Accurate Biometrics, since they mail the actual report on tamper proof paper. Maybe look into them?

http://www.accuratebiometrics.com/fingerprinting_FBI_Procedures_By_Mail.html
Individuals may NOT fingerprint themselves; fingerprints MUST be obtained from a law enforcement agency or through Accurate Biometrics, pursuant to the Departmental Order Requirements.

This means that fingerprints taken by a third-party will NOT be accepted by Accurate Biometrics, nor will they mail the results to an address outside of the U.S..

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Ponga said:
Individuals may NOT fingerprint themselves; fingerprints MUST be obtained from a law enforcement agency or through Accurate Biometrics, pursuant to the Departmental Order Requirements.

This means that fingerprints taken by a third-party will NOT be accepted by Accurate Biometrics, nor will they mail the results to an address outside of the U.S..
Ponga, that was the point I was trying to make. Thank you for reiterating.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
My appt was at 2 pm and when I got home my results were in.

It does say :A SEARCH OF THE FINGERPRINTS PROVIDED BY
THIS INDIVIDUAL HAS REVEALED NO PRIOR
ARREST DATA AT THE FBI. THIS DOES NOT
PRECLUDE FURTHER CRIMINAL HISTORY AT THE STATE OR LOCAL LEVEL.

Hope I got the info for immigration that I was supposed to.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Snowisland said:
My appt was at 2 pm and when I got home my results were in.

It does say :A SEARCH OF THE FINGERPRINTS PROVIDED BY
THIS INDIVIDUAL HAS REVEALED NO PRIOR
ARREST DATA AT THE FBI. THIS DOES NOT
PRECLUDE FURTHER CRIMINAL HISTORY AT THE STATE OR LOCAL LEVEL.

Hope I got the info for immigration that I was supposed to.
You need an actual letter (not a printout from an electronic report) that you must mail to CIC.

It's great that these Channelers offer fast service to `view' your results online, but CIC requires the actual report/letter.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Ponga said:
You need an actual letter (not a printout from an electronic report) that you must mail to CIC.

It's great that these Channelers offer fast service to `view' your results online, but CIC requires the actual report/letter.
Snowisland, Ponga is correct. You need to have the report mailed to you from the channeler.

"The FBI or channeler will send you a letter with the results of your record check. That letter will be your police certificate. You should send the letter and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file. All police certificates must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted."

I contacted Fieldprint too. I was hoping they would mail a report to me. They will not provide a mailed copy on a tamper proof document. I think CIC is allowing leniency on the channeler reports, but I don't think they realize only 3 (from what I was able to see) provide the actual report via mail on tamper proof documents.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Snowisland said:
Guess I just wasted 50.00 using Fieldprint.
Why can't they mail you the results, for an additional fee? You are in the U.S., correct?

At least you know your `rap sheet' (which is what the FBI calls it) is clean. ;)

*Edit*
Well...it doesn't look like they offer results sent via snail mail, so...I guess you'll have to do this again with another Channeler. ???

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
I called them and they said they don't mail anything only send email with the results in pdf. Yes, at least I know I am clean. lol.
They said no one has said immigration has rejected these pdf printouts of results, and I said, you've only been approved to be a channeler for a month, so no one has had time to have immigration reject yet.

Suryak86

Sep 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
14-08-2014 ( Medical Received : 24-08-2014)
Interview........
RPRF : March 30th, 2015
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
I hear these channelers only offer services to US citizens or legal permanent residents. Can someone on a work visa in the USA use their services? any one has any experience with that?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Snowisland said:
I called them and they said they don't mail anything only send email with the results in pdf. Yes, at least I know I am clean. lol.
They said no one has said immigration has rejected these pdf printouts of results, and I said, you've only been approved to be a channeler for a month, so no one has had time to have immigration reject yet.
I'd be shocked if CIC would accept a simple PDF (that can easily be manipulated and has no official seal, or markings), but you might want to contact CIC and find out. Hopefully they will, but I wouldn't be too optimistic.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Snowisland said:
Good come back!!!

We just spent $38 on the FBI report (ordered 2) and we won't be refunded.... So I feel your pain on losing money for nothing :'(