+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Approved Channeler Experience in 2015?

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
cali2bc said:
So if someone goes though a channeler, it is only acceptable to go through one that provides the report on tamper proof paper, even though the FBI prints their reports on regular printer paper? Does anyone know if the reports that come directly from the FBI contain original signatures? Are there original signatures on the tamper proof reports from channelers?

Also, do the FBI reports that come directly from the FBI include the social security number, or does it look like xxx-xx-xxx?

Finally, we called the CIC and the lady on the phone said that from looking at the website, it seems like channelers are the only option for submitting FBI reports, which is, of course, false. It goes to show that not everyone is on the same page.
The CIC site says to send in what was "mailed" to you including all paperwork. We received a detailed receipt when my husband was fingerprinted, with the portal access information. I'm mailing that receipt in with the report we receive in the mail. There are only 3 channelers who provide reports via mail. All three channelers also print the report on tamper proof paper, this allows for the State Dept in DC to apostille the document. The State Dept will not apostille the PDF's that we access in the portals.

Here are the 3 channelers that provide these types of reports, for those who want to be sure to cross their T's and dot their I's with CIC:

Accurate Biometrics

National Credit Reporting

National Background Check, Inc

As for providing original signatures, the PDF I obtained in the portal had a scanned signature applied. I'm going to assume the report mailed will be the same, since the channeler is printing that same report I received, except it's on tamper proof paper.

The document contains a partial SSN, it's in the format of XXX-XX-1234.

Yes, the customer service people at CIC are extremely friendly, but I noticed the information from this group is so much better and reliable. From what I was told yesterday by the fingerprinting agency, there are some channelers modifying the formats in which they are making accessible to their clients. Also, some of the fingerprint locations are in odd spots such as Home Depot or UPS stores, where a certified official, or someone who is trained to confirm you are who you say you are, takes your prints. I think once CIC starts receiving some of the reports and they see the variations in format, then CIC will realize they need to establish better guidelines for applicants.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Yes Saria1, mine looked like that, with the colour logo in the corner. But since Fieldprint refused to mail to me, I am unable to use. I called Accurate Biometrics and they said they do mail the results to you if you request it.

So Thursday I went to one of the police stations for ink fingerprinting that was listed on their site. The jailer took my prints, and we did 4 sets, just to be sure they would find a set that was acceptable. I will mail the fingerprint cards to Biometrics and they will mail me the letter on tamper proof paper. They said from the day I mail the fingerprints to the day I receive the letter would be two weeks, regular mail. They do offer overnight delivery also.

I am mailing in a document style mailer, so the cards won't get bent.
Saria1, did you use Accurate Biometrics? Most of their locations are in another state so that's why I had to get my fingerprints done and mail in to them.

How long are these fingerprints and the results good before they expire? I am trying to get the timeline right and get my medicals, file taxes and all paperwork done, then mail the whole package in at once.

As far as taxes go, since we married in December but do not live together yet, I plan to file in Texas as married filing single, and not get a SS or TIN for him, and he will file married and not get a TIN for me. I hope that will be the correct way. I do not understand if we each claim ourselves as an exemption or not. We have no dependants. Tax companies want five to seven hundred to do our return so we our printing the forms and doing our own.

Abuelita

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
cali2bc said:
I know there has been quite a bit of discussion in the past about FBI Channelers. I noticed that CIC now states on their website that they allow FBI approved channelers to process the background check. Given this new information, and the fact that the FBI is no longer producing background checks on blue security paper, I chose to go with Fieldprint, an FBI approved channeler. Within an hour of my fingerprint appointment, I received my results online.

Is anyone else choosing this method in 2015? Please share! We are submitting our U.S. outland application for PR within the next two weeks.
Could I trouble you to please post a link to the page where you saw that CIC now allowes FBI approved Channelers background check? Thanks a lot!!!

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
Abuelita said:
Could I trouble you to please post a link to the page where you saw that CIC now allowes FBI approved Channelers background check? Thanks a lot!!!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Snowisland said:
Yes Saria1, mine looked like that, with the colour logo in the corner. But since Fieldprint refused to mail to me, I am unable to use. I called Accurate Biometrics and they said they do mail the results to you if you request it.

So Thursday I went to one of the police stations for ink fingerprinting that was listed on their site. The jailer took my prints, and we did 4 sets, just to be sure they would find a set that was acceptable. I will mail the fingerprint cards to Biometrics and they will mail me the letter on tamper proof paper. They said from the day I mail the fingerprints to the day I receive the letter would be two weeks, regular mail. They do offer overnight delivery also.

I am mailing in a document style mailer, so the cards won't get bent.
Saria1, did you use Accurate Biometrics? Most of their locations are in another state so that's why I had to get my fingerprints done and mail in to them.

How long are these fingerprints and the results good before they expire? I am trying to get the timeline right and get my medicals, file taxes and all paperwork done, then mail the whole package in at once.

As far as taxes go, since we married in December but do not live together yet, I plan to file in Texas as married filing single, and not get a SS or TIN for him, and he will file married and not get a TIN for me. I hope that will be the correct way. I do not understand if we each claim ourselves as an exemption or not. We have no dependants. Tax companies want five to seven hundred to do our return so we our printing the forms and doing our own.
We are using Accurate Biometrics. We drove down to Baltimore on Friday morning to have my husband finger printed with the Live Scan. It worked beautifully and was worth the 4hr roundtrip to not have another set of prints rejected. The letter should be here late this week or early next week.

Once you receive the results in the mail, it has to be mailed to CIC within 3 months, otherwise I think they consider them expired. I'd hold onto those prints and send them in with an approximate 2 week turn around. I have to say, I smiled when I saw you had 4 cards printed. That is what we were going to do too, then we decided the hell with it, lets just take a drive and assure the prints are good ;D

The way you're filing your taxes sounds right, on the USA side. Have you looked at turbotax? $500-$700 sounds high! :eek: I've used them in the past, I always had good luck.

For the USA
https://turbotax.intuit.com

For Canada
http://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax-software/index.jsp

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Saria1, lol the 4 sets of fingerprints, and the officer was so nice and is going through immigration for his Canadian girlfriend. He even told me just tell them I had prints done, don't mention how many and I only had to pay ten dollars when I paid for the fingerprinting.

Thank you for saying to hold on to the prints and not mail yet. My husband will visit me in April and I hope we have filed tax returns by then and have his form C. He does have a letter dated this week from his boss with his length of employment, regular hours, salary and mention that he and other coworkers ( 8 people total) attended our wedding. However, he has never filed his taxes, he waits and they garnish. He has agreed we won't be doing that anymore, but I hope turbo tax is very explanatory on the Canadian side as I looked at his forms last year and could not figure out how to complete them.

At what point should I do my health exam? I don't know how long it takes to get the results. I know there was a timeline posted on this site before but I can't find it anymore.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Snowisland said:
Saria1, lol the 4 sets of fingerprints, and the officer was so nice and is going through immigration for his Canadian girlfriend. He even told me just tell them I had prints done, don't mention how many and I only had to pay ten dollars when I paid for the fingerprinting.

Thank you for saying to hold on to the prints and not mail yet. My husband will visit me in April and I hope we have filed tax returns by then and have his form C. He does have a letter dated this week from his boss with his length of employment, regular hours, salary and mention that he and other coworkers ( 8 people total) attended our wedding. However, he has never filed his taxes, he waits and they garnish. He has agreed we won't be doing that anymore, but I hope turbo tax is very explanatory on the Canadian side as I looked at his forms last year and could not figure out how to complete them.

At what point should I do my health exam? I don't know how long it takes to get the results. I know there was a timeline posted on this site before but I can't find it anymore.
It only took a week to schedule the appointment for my son and husbands medicals. You may want to call the panel Dr where you'll be having your medical exam, just to assure, if there is a long wait, you can book accordingly. I looked and there are only two spots in TX for medicals. I'm not sure where your located, but the panel physicians are in Dallas or Houston. With the medical, we did ours the day before we mailed off the packet. The Dr's office, if they electronically file the medical report, will print out a page for you when they're completed. On this page is your pic, a bar code with your UMI number (Up-front medical..... something) and some basic information; name etc. Attach that printout with your file to go off to Mississauga. Once CIC gets around to pulling the report, months later, everything will be accessible to them. Easy peasy ;)

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
I am in the Houston area. Finally, something easy. Thanks!

Abuelita

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
RajaJi said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp
Thanks a lot RajaJi!!!

rp1921

Dec 4, 2014
Snowisland said:
I am in the Houston area. Finally, something easy. Thanks!
Hi, do you guys know any fBI approved chaneler in canada ? or any thing closer to toronto

Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rp1921 said:
Hi, do you guys know any fBI approved chaneler in canada ? or any thing closer to toronto

Thanks
You will only find them in the U.S., and...none of them will mail the FBI report to an international address.

rp1921

Dec 4, 2014
Ponga said:
You will only find them in the U.S., and...none of them will mail the FBI report to an international address.
thanks for your prompt reply . I can give us address . do you know anything closer canada border

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rp1921 said:
thanks for your prompt reply . I can give us address . do you know anything closer canada border
You can't simply provide a U.S. address (for a friend or family member). It must be your home address and must match the address on your I.D. (and the address that you list in your PR application).

zibi762

Feb 2, 2015
You can't simply provide a U.S. address (for a friend or family member). It must be your home address and must match the address on your I.D. (and the address that you list in your PR application).
When I e-mail National Credit Reporting they told me "We can accept FBI Report requests from countries outside the U.S.; however, we can only mail the FBI Report to the consumer’s U.S. address. Yes, we can mail the report to a direct relative in the U.S. (i.e. parents)."

My boyfriend and I were planning on using the channeler and having it sent to his parent's address in the US - does this address show up anywhere for CIC to verify against your application. He's an American citizen, but we're studying abroad...