+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAQs FOR EXPRESS ENTRY!

julia143

Nov 3, 2014
Thank you M_dewan. This is very frustrating because it seems express entry is making processing times more lengthy. The FSW program said it should take 1 month to get the work permit if an employer is sponsoring you. Am I still able to go through that program instead of EE?

m_dewan33

May 2, 2014
NL, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 03/01/2015
Nomination.....
ITA 27/03/2015
AOR Received.
16/05/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted in EE profile 8.5
Med's Done....
Passed 05/05/2015
Passport Req..
13/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2015
julia143 said:
Thank you M_dewan. This is very frustrating because it seems express entry is making processing times more lengthy. The FSW program said it should take 1 month to get the work permit if an employer is sponsoring you. Am I still able to go through that program instead of EE?
Work permit is a separate thing altogether and is not affected by either FSW or EE. If its an work permit that you're after, you can still come to canada as a Temporary foreign worker by securing a work permit and you my apply for EE afterwards.

DanielCoutinho

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on December 17th
Nomination.....
PER received on January 16th 2015
Guys, about the education part, can you help me clarify this:

So, if I understand it correctly, in the education part of EE you have to input your education port high school.

So I created 2 entries there, one for my college diploma and the other for my mba diploma.

My ICAS report says the following:
- Bachelor's Diploma (4 years)
- Post Bachelor's Degree

The question is, in both entries mentioned above should I choose the option under "Level of Education" right before they ask about canadian degree as "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" ? Or "Bacherlor's Degree or a three or more year program etc etc" for both?

Thanks in advance

king5

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
I am anready in canada,work permit with lmo.

Which of these categories does applicant's job fall under?what answer should i choose for this question?

no work permit required
work permit required,no lmia
work permit and lmia required

plz suggest me

squashskills

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
anoop-99 said:
mr sumit pal sir,,

i have only experience as 3 year trainee entrance-ship under a chartered accountant ,,
i m B.COM AND now in a CA and CS FINAL ,,

pls tell me ,,,, AM I ELIGIBLE CANDIDATE ,,

IF YES then pls tell me enclosures required to file an application ....?
Your three years articleship......add it as work experience.

Neeths

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8th
AOR Received.
June 8th
Med's Done....
May 15th
EXTENSION OF WORK PERMIT and EE

Hi.. I am under implied status now.. I can only work for few more days. My employer will give LMIA for me to apply under EE.. Can I use this LMIA for extension of my work permit? My lawyer says I cant.. CIC said I can.. WHOM SHOULD I BELIEVE? My lawyer said that there are two different types of LMIAs.. one to use for EE and another one to use for work permit extension..... CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
Re: EXTENSION OF WORK PERMIT and EE

Neeths said:
Hi.. I am under implied status now.. I can only work for few more days. My employer will give LMIA for me to apply under EE.. Can I use this LMIA for extension of my work permit? My lawyer says I cant.. CIC said I can.. WHOM SHOULD I BELIEVE? My lawyer said that there are two different types of LMIAs.. one to use for EE and another one to use for work permit extension..... CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?
If I remember correctly, for EE purposes an employer could obtain an LMIA just to support that profile for free however if they wanted a dual-intent LMIA, one that would also be used for a work permit then that would take longer and cost money.

However there doesn't seem to be much information about this, I'm going to assume that your employer might have managed to get a real LMIA, meaning you can use it for both, lawyer is probably assuming they have obtained one of the free LMIAs that are designed to support your EE profile.

Don't quote me on that though, perhaps call CIC again or try contacting ESDC, I've not seen any real information on these 'free' LMIAs that were mentioned by CIC, perhaps these only come into force when the Job Bank integration is all up and running.

ElmTree

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
MariaRS said:
I have more than one year of experience. I started working on my field before finish all the courses. I finished my studies in Sept 2013 with my dissertation work was approved but the U gave me the Diploma in Aug 2014. So, the question is: the work experience gained between Sept 2013 and August 2014 does not count for FSW? I'm worry because the diploma is dated in Aug 2014, as I were finished in these date and not a year before.
MariaRS,

I believe you're good to go. Your experience will be counted. In very rare cases the experience must be post-qualification. What are the odds that your occupation is among those rare ones?

Some times the date of award of Diploma (or designation in case of professional qualifications like chartered accountancy or project management) happens long after completion of qualification. Experience in such cases is still counted by CIC. They can't expect you to sit home and do nothing while waiting for your diploma. In fact, if you get a good job relating to your area of education even before getting your diploma in hand, it shows how talented and employable you are.

ElmTree

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Dear sumitpal22. Did you get a chance to read through my post yesterday? I'm looking forward to your reply.

ElmTree said:
Hello sumitpal22.

Thanks for making such an elaborate post on FAQs. It is very helpful.

There is one thing though which is radically different from what I have read on this website as well as heard from immigration law videos on Youtube etc. That is your FAQ # 9. Could you please cite a reference for this?

My understanding is this:

Your experience relevance depends upon the immigration category in which you intend to apply. For instance, if you intend to apply under FSW, then so long as your experience is in 0, A, B category jobs on NOC, you can add up experience in all such jobs (multiple NOC codes) to claim the experience points. However, you must have completed at least 12 months equivalent full time paid employment in at least one of those codes.

Under CRS in EE, you can again add up your experience in jobs with multiple NOC codes (0, A and B category) to claim points for "skills transferability".

Your take?

sumitpal22

Nov 24, 2014
INDIA
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGED : 09 FEB 2015
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICTION 7 7 6.5 7
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
30-09-2015
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-07-2016
jahanzaibkh said:
Hi Sumit I am currently registering for job bank

What is this Social Insurance Number?
What is proper postal code format for Pakistan?
What is proper telephone number format?

Any idea?

this section is not for you. Please click Express Entry button on top right of the form wen you arrive At this section. You will need 1. Express Entry profile number & 2. Job Seeker validation code.

DanielCoutinho

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on December 17th
Nomination.....
PER received on January 16th 2015
Can anyone help me with this query? I am confused

So, if I understand it correctly, in the education part of EE you have to input your education port high school.

So I created 2 entries there, one for my college diploma and the other for my mba diploma.

- Post Bachelor's Degree

The question is, in both entries mentioned above should I choose the option under "Level of Education" right before they ask about canadian degree as "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" ? Or "Bacherlor's Degree or a three or more year program etc etc" for both?

Thanks in advance

sumitpal22

Nov 24, 2014
INDIA
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
30-09-2015
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-07-2016
julia143 said:
With a job offer, will it still take 6 months? Also, as a native English-speakingUS citizen with a WES report stating my education is equivalent to a Canadian Master, do I still need to take the English exam?

Thank you!
Yes it will still take 6 months
Yes u hv to appear fr ielts

MariaRS

Jan 9, 2015
ElmTree said:
MariaRS,

I believe you're good to go. Your experience will be counted. In very rare cases the experience must be post-qualification. What are the odds that your occupation is among those rare ones?

Some times the date of award of Diploma (or designation in case of professional qualifications like chartered accountancy or project management) happens long after completion of qualification. Experience in such cases is still counted by CIC. They can't expect you to sit home and do nothing while waiting for your diploma. In fact, if you get a good job relating to your area of education even before getting your diploma in hand, it shows how talented and employable you are.
Hey Elm,

Thank you for your replay, I'm a civil engineer, I'm not sure if my career is among those rare cases! But thank you, you were very helpful! :)

sumitpal22

Nov 24, 2014
INDIA
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
30-09-2015
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-07-2016
julia143 said:
No not now.. from Jan 1st you hav to apply through EE

sumitpal22

Nov 24, 2014
INDIA
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
30-09-2015
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-07-2016
DanielCoutinho said:
Can anyone help me with this query? I am confused

- Post Bachelor's Degree

Thanks in advance
Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, I guess but not 100 percent sure!