+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Visitor visa rejected - online application. Please guide me

the_batman

Oct 7, 2013
it is sum of her salary, rental deposit, rental income by October 2016.

but by October all the attraction in Canada will be closed. So just thinking that what would be purpose of visit. Can you suggest something? like Christmas and New Year with me in Canada?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
the_batman said:
it is sum of her salary, rental deposit, rental income by October 2016.

but by October all the attraction in Canada will be closed. So just thinking that what would be purpose of visit. Can you suggest something? like Christmas and New Year with me in Canada?
Sure. Why not? There are lots of events then/you can celebrate Christmas and New Year with your mom. Depending on the validity of the TRV, your mom can visit in September-October (Diwali vacations), Christmas/New Year, or next summer.

Her bank balance (rental income, salary, etc) will increase by September-October.... and the INR 200,000 rent deposit (refundable) - which is the largest component of her bank balance - will not matter then

the_batman

Oct 7, 2013
sorry I meant the bank balance of 5 lakh INR will be including the refundable 2 lakh INR.

As I am sensing this is I think i should show atleast 5+ lakh INR in her bank balance apart from the refundable rental deposit amount. Is it correct?
I think i have a scope of increasing the rent amount, so i can try that.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the_batman said:
but by October all the attraction in Canada will be closed.
No, a lot of attractions in British Columbia, Canada is still open, namely the ski resorts in Whistler and Okanagan and all attractions in Vancouver were opened in the past winter.

In October, you can also pick your favorite apples and pears from one of the u-pick farms in BC.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
As I am sensing this is I think i should show atleast 5+ lakh INR in her bank balance apart from the refundable rental deposit amount. Is it correct?
INR 500,000 = CAD 9,500 approx. = Good bank balance (not including the refundable deposit)

You can apply even before this

the_batman

Oct 7, 2013
Bryanna said:
Hi,

Good. Thanks. How are you?
Situations change..... and people do look for ways to increase their income.

An aside:
Hope your mom will sign a 11 months' leave-and-license agreement.... registered and stamp duty paid for.... and NOT a rent agreement/lease agreement. A 11 months' Leave-and-License agreement will safeguard your property if a tenant tries to claim possession rights later.

Do remember that the deposit is refundable after the agreement period is over.

You must include a copy of the Leave-and-License agreement + bank statement highlighting the cheque deposits + maybe photocopies of the PDC (Post Dated Cheques) for the balance months + any receipts issued by your mom

Cheers
Hi Bryanna,

A quick question related to documents for rented apartment.

Do we need to include the registration and stamp duty document along with leave and license agreement in visa package?
or
As you mentioned, following docs in below quote are enough
You must include a copy of the Leave-and-License agreement + bank statement highlighting the cheque deposits + maybe photocopies of the PDC (Post Dated Cheques) for the balance months + any receipts issued by your mom
Have a good day!

Thank You,
Batman.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do we need to include the registration and stamp duty document along with leave and license agreement
I suggested this to protect your property from any unscrupulous tenants.

For the TRV application, a copy of the leave-and-license agreement + a couple of rent payments/bank transfers/PDCs will suffice

the_batman

Oct 7, 2013
Bryanna said:
I suggested this to protect your property from any unscrupulous tenants.

For the TRV application, a copy of the leave-and-license agreement + a couple of rent payments/bank transfers/PDCs will suffice
Thanks Bryanna for quick turnaround.

-Batman.

the_batman

Oct 7, 2013
Thanks Bryanna!
Just wanted to inform you that we applied our Mom's Supervisa and that got approved. Thank you again for advising us wisely!.

-Batman

Reactions: CAN.east

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
the_batman said:
Thanks Bryanna!
Just wanted to inform you that we applied our Mom's Supervisa and that got approved. Thank you again for advising us wisely!.

-Batman
It's good that you waited/applied after her paperwork was stronger. Really happy for you :) :)

Racing

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
In land
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
11-03-2017
Med's Done....
13-03-2017 (Medial passed on 30-03-17)
Passport Req..
DM on 22-Dec-17. PPR received on 03-Jan-18
VISA ISSUED...
Received CoPR & Visa by end of Jan-2018
LANDED..........
Landed end of Jan-2018, Received PR card around mid of March-2018
It's good that you waited/applied after her paperwork was stronger. Really happy for you :) :)
@Bryanna,@APPNOV2014NY

I am currently PR of canada, couple of weeks before i applied online family visitor visa for my father, mother & younger brother(primary applicant) living in india,
I am sponsoring all the 3 applicant and i provided the letter of invitation & financial support.
My brother had provided the leave letter from his employer as well.
Visa got approved for my father and mother, but CIC had rejected my brother's application, due to following reasons.
1.Travel history (This is the first time my entire family is traveling to a foreign country)
2.Family ties in canada and in country of residence ( I am residing in canada, i had shared my PR card and passport copies, birth certificates to prove family ties. My brother doesnt own any property in India, also he is not married, but we shared his employment proofs)
3.Personal asset and financial status ( i have shared more than $30,000 CAD proof, my brother had share $6000 CAD proof too)

For my father and mother, i had mentioned 3 months as duration of stay, but for my brother i had mentioned only 1 month.

Providing all these info, still they had rejected my brothers application. I dont understand even after providing all the necessary proof as per checklist, still CIC had rejected my brothers application.

Based on your experience, can you please advise me about the chances of approval, if i resubmit my brothers application.(There is no change in the information, i just have to resubmit what i had submitted before for my brother).
Did anyone encountered the same situation and whether their application got approved after resubmission?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

@Bryanna,@APPNOV2014NY
Visa got approved for my father and mother, but CIC had rejected my brother's application, due to following reasons.
1.Travel history (This is the first time my entire family is traveling to a foreign country)
Okay.

2.Family ties in canada and in country of residence ( I am residing in canada, i had shared my PR card and passport copies, birth certificates to prove family ties.
If your parents and brother travel together, there are no family members in India to return to. That's the reason for this refusal.

My brother doesnt own any property in India, also he is not married, but we shared his employment proofs)
Your brother's only strong tie to India is his employment.

Reading between the lines, I'm guessing:
1. Your brother does not work in a niche area + he does not have unique work responsibilities.

2. He has probably started working recently after graduation or else his income is not high.

3.Personal asset and financial status ( i have shared more than $30,000 CAD proof, my brother had share $6000 CAD proof too)
Your brother's finances seem inadequate.

1. Was any of the money in his bank account not earned by him?

2. Did he submit his ITRs for the last 2 years?

3. Does he have financial investments? FDs, RDs, mutual funds, stocks, PPF, etc?

4. Credit cards?

For my father and mother, i had mentioned 3 months as duration of stay, but for my brother i had mentioned only 1 month.
What is the purpose of their visit?

Did you brother include a detailed day-by-day plan for his visit with expense estimates? Did he prove he can pay for his visit + airfare? CAD 6,000 is on the low side.

(There is no change in the information, i just have to resubmit what i had submitted before for my brother).
Don't resubmit the same documents. It won't help for a TRV approval.

You must either prove that your brother's circumstances have changed after the refusal..... or else he has new evidence and new explanations which he had not submitted with the previous application

Racing

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
In land
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
11-03-2017
Med's Done....
13-03-2017 (Medial passed on 30-03-17)
Passport Req..
DM on 22-Dec-17. PPR received on 03-Jan-18
VISA ISSUED...
Received CoPR & Visa by end of Jan-2018
LANDED..........
Landed end of Jan-2018, Received PR card around mid of March-2018
Hi,

Okay.

If your parents and brother travel together, there are no family members in India to return to. That's the reason for this refusal.

I have my sister living in India. But anyway, my brother is single. But in someother thread, i saw that, they rejected even if the applicant childrens are in India. I dont think this is the primary reason.

Your brother's only strong tie to India is his employment.

Reading between the lines, I'm guessing:
1. Your brother does not work in a niche area + he does not have unique work responsibilities.

2. He has probably started working recently after graduation or else his income is not high.

My brother is working for last 5 years, also he earns 11 lakh per anum (20K CAD approxim)

Your brother's finances seem inadequate.

1. Was any of the money in his bank account not earned by him?

2. Did he submit his ITRs for the last 2 years?

3. Does he have financial investments? FDs, RDs, mutual funds, stocks, PPF, etc?

4. Credit cards?

My brother had shown around 4 lakhs INR (8K CAD) approximately from his own bank account. Whether this is not sufficient for 1 month stay in canada? Anyway, in addition to that, i have provided proof of financial support from my end for my parents & my brother as well.($30K CAD)

What is the purpose of their visit?

There was no specific reason mentioned, just a casual visit to see my family and enjoy christmas/new year holidays here in canada.

Did you brother include a detailed day-by-day plan for his visit with expense estimates? Did he prove he can pay for his visit + airfare? CAD 6,000 is on the low side.
He had provided leave letter from his employer, didnt provide any day-by-day plan, because from other discussions what i understood is that, this kind of details should be provided only for tourist visa and not required/applicable for family visa.

Don't resubmit the same documents. It won't help for a TRV approval.

You must either prove that your brother's circumstances have changed after the refusal..... or else he has new evidence and new explanations which he had not submitted with the previous application
Please find my inline response to your queries above.

Instead of 4 lakh, if i raise the fund to 8 Laksh(16K CAD) in my brothers bank account, will it help if i reapply?

In my opinion, i think youngsters/middle aged people visa's as a single applicant/ entire family( includingwife & kids))are being rejected, unless they own any property in india. Apart from this CIC is not considering any other ties with India it seems. Unless & otherwise we show a bank balance in crores(> $300K CAD) which most people cannot afford to show.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Racing

My brother is working for last 5 years, also he earns 11 lakh per anum (20K CAD approxim)
In that case, your brother's bank balance is very low as compared to his income especially for someone who has been employed since the last five years. Maybe he has a lot of expenses.

Does he have financial investments such as FDs, RDs, mutual funds, stocks, EPF, PPF, etc?
Does he have credit cards (not debit cards)? And, low dues on these cards?
Has he taken a loan for some purpose?

My brother had shown around 4 lakhs INR (8K CAD) approximately from his own bank account. Whether this is not sufficient for 1 month stay in canada?
A detailed day-by-day plan for his visit with expense estimates will confirm whether or not his financial resources are adequate for the visit + for the airfare and other expenses.

Anyway, in addition to that, i have provided proof of financial support from my end for my parents & my brother as well.($30K CAD)
Your financial resources are secondary to your brother's application. The greater the financial dependence on you + if his financial situation is not good then the visa officer will likely view his application as not having enough financial incentives to return to India.

Instead of 4 lakh, if i raise the fund to 8 Laksh(16K CAD) in my brothers bank account, will it help if i reapply?
It's not advisable to do this. Visa officers can do the math to see that the inflated bank balance was not earned by your brother.

In my opinion, i think youngsters/middle aged people visa's as a single applicant/ entire family( includingwife & kids))are being rejected, unless they own any property in india. Apart from this CIC is not considering any other ties with India it seems. Unless & otherwise we show a bank balance in crores(> $300K CAD) which most people cannot afford to show.
That's not true. Recently, there was one teenager who were totally dependent on their parents but were granted TRVs pretty quickly because his paperwork was prepared well. There are other similar approval cases of young/older single applicants