+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Visitor Visa from India

MC0284

Nov 21, 2016
Hello, I am helping my family with their application for visitor visa. They will be applying in India. I have questions about two documents - birth certificate and marriage certificate.

1. my birth certificate - I don't have one! I am in the process of getting one from the Embassy of India, New York (I am on a year-long work project in NYC). Would that suffice?

2. My parents marriage certificate - They don't have one! Would they absolutely need to provide a certificate, or their passports combined with my brith certificate be enough to convince CIC of their marital status?

I apologize as I am sure these questions have been answered elsewhere. Just wanted to post rather than scroll through the forum. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

MC0284

Nov 21, 2016
Form IMM5881E - Page 2 - Information on the inviter in Canada

Sorry, couldn't post the link

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Your passport (if it states your parents' names) + your parents' passports (if it states their names as each other's spouse) would be okay

CanOl

VIP Member
Aug 9, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014 (As per me) ; 20/10/2014 (As per CIC)
Doc's Request.
[b]DD Encashed[/b] : 23/12/2014
Nomination.....
[b]PER[/b] : 20/01/2015
AOR Received.
09/02/2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
[b]2nd Line update[/b] : 13/04/2015
Med's Request
15/04/2015
Med's Done....
[b]Upfront Meds[/b] : 31/03/2015
Passport Req..
23/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
[img width=145 height=100]http://www.fullboon.com/information/024.gif[/img]
LANDED..........
15/09/2015
MC0284 said:
Hello, I am helping my family with their application for visitor visa. They will be applying in India. I have questions about two documents - birth certificate and marriage certificate.

1. my birth certificate - I don't have one! I am in the process of getting one from the Embassy of India, New York (I am on a year-long work project in NYC). Would that suffice?

2. My parents marriage certificate - They don't have one! Would they absolutely need to provide a certificate, or their passports combined with my brith certificate be enough to convince CIC of their marital status?
d
I apologize as I am sure these questions have been answered elsewhere. Just wanted to post rather than scroll through the forum. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Your passport mentioning your parents' name and your parents' passport where spouse is mentioned should be sufficient. However, to be safe, also send an affidavit mentioning that you do not have the marriage certificate and hence you are sending the passport copies as a proof that they are married.

MC0284

Nov 21, 2016
I have another question :)

My parents and brother are applying for TRV together. My brother is not a dependent, so he will have fill out his own application forms. Does that mean the entire package or just Forms IMM 5257 and IMM 5645? A lot of his expenses will be covered by my father, but he will show his employment letter + bank statements. He doesn't have an income tax return yet.

Thanks again! :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
MC0284 said:
My parents and brother are applying for TRV together. My brother is not a dependent, so he will have fill out his own application forms. Does that mean the entire package or just Forms IMM 5257 and IMM 5645?
The package has only IMM5257 and IMM5645. So he must fill both forms.

A lot of his expenses will be covered by my father, but he will show his employment letter + bank statements. He doesn't have an income tax return yet.
He can file "Nil Returns" if his income is below taxable limits. It just takes a couple of hours/a day to file an ITR if it is a straightforward case.

Do ensure your brother can prove he has at least some finances of his own + some independent ties.... without too much dependence on your dad.

As they are traveling together, you can mention there will be common expenses

MC0284

Nov 21, 2016
Thanks! He does not have an income tax return as he started working few months ago after graduation. His salary is vey well above low tax category :) Of course, he doesn't have much savings as of yet, but hopefully CIC will understand. He did buy property in the city he is working in. They are coming to attend my wedding. Hopefully, that's a genuine enough cause for a TRV :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
As he cannot file Income Tax Returns + no Form 16 as yet, his employer/HR can issue a salary statement stating each month salary + the TDS deductions they have made.... since he started working.

He can also include any investments he has made to get tax benefits.... like PPF, LIC, NSC, etc

Congrats for your wedding :) Yes, a wedding is a good reason for a family to travel/visit together. Do also include some typical tourism/sightseeing for their Purpose of visit

Prabhagam

Dec 7, 2016
I have visitor visa and i visited last year to Canada. Now i am planning to visit Canada again along with my spouse. But while filing online application for her, I get confuse on one question, that is :- "In the last 10 years, have you legally travelled to Canada? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time." There are two questions.
She didn't travel Canada, so it is NO, but what is a meaning of last line.
Now this time i am travelling with her. So it may be YES.

Kindly reply
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
"In the last 10 years, have you legally travelled to Canada? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time." There are two questions.
I cannot see this question on the IMM5257E form (paper). Can you please post the question as it appears on the application form ad verbatim

Prabhagam

Dec 7, 2016
While Finding out if you're eligible to apply, question appears:-

"In the last 10 years, have you legally travelled to Canada? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time."

What does this "family member you may be travelling with at this time" means? I will be accompanying my wife when she visits Canada, but Is this question asking only about her or about her family member like me(husband).

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Prabhagam said:
While Finding out if you're eligible to apply, question appears:-

"In the last 10 years, have you legally travelled to Canada? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time."

What does this "family member you may be travelling with at this time" means? I will be accompanying my wife when she visits Canada, but Is this question asking only about her or about her family member like me(husband).
This question is only to assess your eligibility to come to Canada i.e. to ascertain whether or not you can apply under CAN+ (for example).

This question is not part of the Application form. Please refer to IMM5257E and fill it accordingly