+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family visa or touriat visa confusion

awaisumar

Aug 17, 2019
Hello,
I am going to apply for Canadian visa next week.
My question is that can i apply Canadian tourist visa even if my family lives in Canada?
Actually the tourist visa issued in 2 weeks when applying from Germany but family sponsorship takes about a year. I am student here in Germnay and i have semester break right now, so thats why i only can visit before october otherwise i can't travel.
I will bear all the expenses my self and will not be getting any kind of financial help from my family over there.
So suppose if i apply tourist visa, will they consider it as tourist or they cab take it as a family category?

Lastly does it could help to speed up my processing time even further if one of my family member is sick and really needs my presence over there?

Regards
Umar

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Family sponsorship is not a visa but a permanent residence immigration program.
So to visit you need to apply for TRV/visitor visa.
Note it is normally difficult to be granted a visa in cases like yours when you are living in a third country and you have such strong ties in Canada, but not impossible.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Assume there is a chance they may be refugees and you may be one as well. In that case there are very little chances of TRV.

awaisumar

Aug 17, 2019
My family is citizen their and i am studying in Germnay. Because of some critical issue i was planning to visit them for a week so wanted to clear the confusion of processing times.i have visited many countries and got visa of many countries so i don't think so would be an issue.
Thanks for quick answers :)