+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Sponsorship

workpermit777

Oct 15, 2018
Hello, I am sponsoring my mother and have a few questions regarding the application.

1) My mother has been putting her thumb print on all documents in India but these immigration documents require signatures. Can she put her thumb print in that section or will she have to put signature?

2) My spouse and I do not have our marriage certificate as we got married in India very long time ago and have lost our marriage certificate. Would an affidavit be enough to prove our relationship? I have my old Indian passport that shows my spouse's name on it.

3) I am only applying for my mother and there are no other dependants or anyone. What forms do I need to fill out in the case? I don't have to fill every single one listed on their website, correct?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello, I am sponsoring my mother and have a few questions regarding the application.

1) My mother has been putting her thumb print on all documents in India but these immigration documents require signatures. Can she put her thumb print in that section or will she have to put signature?

2) My spouse and I do not have our marriage certificate as we got married in India very long time ago and have lost our marriage certificate. Would an affidavit be enough to prove our relationship? I have my old Indian passport that shows my spouse's name on it.

3) I am only applying for my mother and there are no other dependants or anyone. What forms do I need to fill out in the case? I don't have to fill every single one listed on their website, correct?
1] I am sure she can learn to sign in CAPS just 3-4 letters; like this;- x. xxxx that would be enough. My friends mom was exact same situation in a day she learned this;- R, KAUR [an example only] They accepted it she even became a Citizen of Canada on the same CAPS signatures.
2] You can submit the same affidavit in concerned dist then they will issue you a marriage Cert. If not you got to attach an explanation letter with similar affidavit. Talk to any court clerk in India they will gladly help you in this
3] Then no need unless forms ask whole family details . Some1 else can help u on this part more

workpermit777

Oct 15, 2018
1] I am sure she can learn to sign in CAPS just 3-4 letters; like this;- x. xxxx that would be enough. My friends mom was exact same situation in a day she learned this;- R, KAUR [an example only] They accepted it she even became a Citizen of Canada on the same CAPS signatures.
2] You can submit the same affidavit in concerned dist then they will issue you a marriage Cert. If not you got to attach an explanation letter with similar affidavit. Talk to any court clerk in India they will gladly help you in this
3] Then no need unless forms ask whole family details . Some1 else can help u on this part more

Thank you so much for your help!