+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family sponsorship application transferred to WINNIPEG local

a62520

Apr 3, 2020
Hi everyone,

I submitted an application under family sponsorship (Inland) in April 2020, fingerprint & Medical exam were done in December 2020, my eligibility for a sponsor was approved April 2021, and today I received a message saying that my file transferred to WINNIPEG local office.

I hear that the local office takes years to review applications under economic class. So I am wondering if that is the same as sponsorship, I am gonna be crazy if that happens, does anyone know how long it might take?

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
Hi everyone,

I submitted an application under family sponsorship (Inland) in April 2020, fingerprint & Medical exam were done in December 2020, my eligibility for a sponsor was approved April 2021, and today I received a message saying that my file transferred to WINNIPEG local office.

I hear that the local office takes years to review applications under economic class. So I am wondering if that is the same as sponsorship, I am gonna be crazy if that happens, does anyone know how long it might take?
What the letter say, if it was transfer for eligibility are further assessments it may take more time than normal

a62520

Apr 3, 2020
What the letter say, if it was transfer for eligibility are further assessments it may take more time than normal
It did not mention about eligibility but it mention about further assessment.

Here is the original content in the letter:

"Please be advised that your application has been transferred to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Winnipeg for further assessment. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office ,ay contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. that office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision."

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
It did not mention about eligibility but it mention about further assessment.

Here is the original content in the letter:

"Please be advised that your application has been transferred to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Winnipeg for further assessment. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office ,ay contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. that office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision."
Further assessments mean it going to take longer than the normal time to be process, is there any red flag with the principle applicant? Like being out of statue, quick marriage after meeting, marriage more than one time, just to name a few.

a62520

Apr 3, 2020
Further assessments mean it going to take longer than the normal time to be process, is there any red flag with the principle applicant? Like being out of statue, quick marriage after meeting, marriage more than one time, just to name a few.
If that is the case, I would say quick marriage after meeting, and not much photos or evidence (Just enough for required no extra). Also we thought she will be having her application done soon so we haven't extend her work permit.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If that is the case, I would say quick marriage after meeting, and not much photos or evidence (Just enough for required no extra). Also we thought she will be having her application done soon so we haven't extend her work permit.
Is she out of status? Hopefully, it can still be restored.

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
When did her work permit expire?

a62520

Apr 3, 2020
When did her work permit expire?
Her work permit was expired on June 2020, but we submitted an paper work permit application along with the sponsorship application, but the imm5710 form was returned to us due to signature problem, so we fixed it and submit to Edmonton office, and later they were saying that the work permit will not be approved until our sponsorship application is confirmed, and than ask for $200 restoration fee, and that was confusing. why would she still need a work permit if her PR is confirmed? So we ignore about it.

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
U need to try to have her status restore immediately with a file transfer it can lead to having your file delay for another year are two
Including cbsa may want to remove her from the country for being without status

Reactions: YVR123

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
Her work permit was expired on June 2020, but we submitted an paper work permit application along with the sponsorship application, but the imm5710 form was returned to us due to signature problem, so we fixed it and submit to Edmonton office, and later they were saying that the work permit will not be approved until our sponsorship application is confirmed, and than ask for $200 restoration fee, and that was confusing. why would she still need a work permit if her PR is confirmed? So we ignore about it.
Were it when wrong with your application is when the work permits application return to you for insufficient payment that put her out of statue because by then her work permit had expired, u should have pay the two hundred dollars to restore her status when submitting the work permits application back an than would put her back in status, I believe that is why your application was tranfer because she have no statue

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
We thought that once the case is open she is legal to stay in Canada before her work permit is approved or refused.
ONLY the application of the work permit will give her implied status. BUT your application was returned and her status needed to be restored (her work permit was already expired when application was returned and so when apply again she has no status).

She is not legal to stay in Canada unless you have applied and got her status restored.

a62520

Apr 3, 2020
ONLY the application of the work permit will give her implied status. BUT your application was returned and her status needed to be restored (her work permit was already expired when application was returned and so when apply again she has no status).

She is not legal to stay in Canada unless you have applied and got her status restored.
Damn, I misunderstand this part. so if I submit the fee now would it be too late? because her work permit application is still in progress.