+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Name Given Names IMM5257e mistake

mahesh124

Dec 11, 2023
I made mistakes in form 5257e.
I have written full name in family name instead of last name and submitted the application. I have give biometric at VFS.
VFS took my biometric as per my passport name and asked me to to change family in ircc.can anyone tell me what is the process.

Jane JOE

Jan 5, 2024
I made mistakes in form 5257e.
I have written full name in family name instead of last name and submitted the application. I have give biometric at VFS.
VFS took my biometric as per my passport name and asked me to to change family in ircc.can anyone tell me what is the process.
Hello, how did it end for you!? I am in the same situation

Justhopeful17

Jul 28, 2023
Hi, updating so it may help someone else. I had issues with the IMM 5257e form and while filling it swapped the first and last name. Once I submitted the application for a visa, I received the biometric letter. The first and last name was swapped on the letter too. I submitted the IRCC web form and informed them about the mistake. Did not hear back from them. But in the meantime, I went ahead with the biometric appointment and told the representative there about the entire situation. They took my biometric letter and passport, completed the biometric, and a day later the issue was resolved and on GCkey's account for the visa application I saw the principal applicant's name was corrected and biometrics were added to my profile.

Thanks.
Hi Nadieee, I did the same mistake for my mother's visit visa application. She got her Biometrics Instruction Letter with incorrect order of names. Last name being the given name and vice versa. Could I tell her to do what you did when she goes for her biometrics?