+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Name Given Names IMM5257e mistake

ABPK26

Jun 21, 2018
I made mistake in my IMM5257e form by mentioning my Given Names under Family Name section and wrote my Family Name under Given Names box. I noticed my mistake when I went to VAC for my biometrics. The VAC people corrected this error for the Biometrics as my biometrics confirmation tag mentions my name in correct order.

Now the problem is that me and my wife got biometrics done on June 13 and my wife's biometrics were updated as "completed" at cic online account on June 14, whereas my biometrics are still not shown against my online account where it still says "your action is required".

I am wondering may be this is due to my Family name and Given names error in my form IMM5257e that my biometrics are not being updated to my application. I have sent a case specific query to Abu Dhabi office as they handling visitor visa cases, explaining them my name interchanged mistake in form and also telling them about biometrics done since June 13. Sent them scanned copy of my biometrics slip attached to query, but 2 days and still no reponse or update to my online account.

Anyone, please advise.

Last edited:

ABPK26

Jun 21, 2018
Still waiting for biometrics to be updated online. My CIC account still says "Your action is required".
VAC people told me to just wait. They told me that biometrics has nothing to do with my name mistake in form. But I am not convinced.
Your biometrics updated online as "Completed"?

ABPK26

Jun 21, 2018
Application number was allocated within a day and biometrics letter was received within few days at my online cic account.

You will give your biometrics after receiving biometrics letter if u applied online.

projitMukherjee

Mar 17, 2021
Application number was allocated within a day and biometrics letter was received within few days at my online cic account.

You will give your biometrics after receiving biometrics letter if u applied online.
Hi I'm in a similar situation. What happened finally?

Nadieee

Aug 26, 2023

Hi can you please how you fixed this issue?

Nadieee

Aug 26, 2023
I made mistake in my IMM5257e form by mentioning my Given Names under Family Name section and wrote my Family Name under Given Names box. I noticed my mistake when I went to VAC for my biometrics. The VAC people corrected this error for the Biometrics as my biometrics confirmation tag mentions my name in correct order.

Now the problem is that me and my wife got biometrics done on June 13 and my wife's biometrics were updated as "completed" at cic online account on June 14, whereas my biometrics are still not shown against my online account where it still says "your action is required".

I am wondering may be this is due to my Family name and Given names error in my form IMM5257e that my biometrics are not being updated to my application. I have sent a case specific query to Abu Dhabi office as they handling visitor visa cases, explaining them my name interchanged mistake in form and also telling them about biometrics done since June 13. Sent them scanned copy of my biometrics slip attached to query, but 2 days and still no reponse or update to my online account.

Anyone, please advise.
Hi can you please update how this issue was resolved?

Nadieee

Aug 26, 2023
Hi can you please update how this issue was resolved?
Hi, updating so it may help someone else. I had issues with the IMM 5257e form and while filling it swapped the first and last name. Once I submitted the application for a visa, I received the biometric letter. The first and last name was swapped on the letter too. I submitted the IRCC web form and informed them about the mistake. Did not hear back from them. But in the meantime, I went ahead with the biometric appointment and told the representative there about the entire situation. They took my biometric letter and passport, completed the biometric, and a day later the issue was resolved and on GCkey's account for the visa application I saw the principal applicant's name was corrected and biometrics were added to my profile.

Thanks.

sivageeth

Nov 4, 2023
Hi, updating so it may help someone else. I had issues with the IMM 5257e form and while filling it swapped the first and last name. Once I submitted the application for a visa, I received the biometric letter. The first and last name was swapped on the letter too. I submitted the IRCC web form and informed them about the mistake. Did not hear back from them. But in the meantime, I went ahead with the biometric appointment and told the representative there about the entire situation. They took my biometric letter and passport, completed the biometric, and a day later the issue was resolved and on GCkey's account for the visa application I saw the principal applicant's name was corrected and biometrics were added to my profile.

Thanks.
Hi there,
I have added my father's name in the Family name box instead of my spouse's name. My passport has my spouse's name in it, when I go to give the biometrics will that be an issue? I have my birth certificate and marriage certificate with my father's name. Please help, my biometric is in 3 days.

Nadieee

Aug 26, 2023
Hi there,
I have added my father's name in the Family name box instead of my spouse's name. My passport has my spouse's name in it, when I go to give the biometrics will that be an issue? I have my birth certificate and marriage certificate with my father's name. Please help, my biometric is in 3 days.

Go for the appointment and let them know about the mistake. They will take your biometrics based on your name on the passport. It will hopefully take a day or two to get your biometrics and name updated on the GC key after your biometrics submission.

sivageeth

Nov 4, 2023
But when they take biometrics on the name on the passport, it has my name with my spouse's name, not my dad's. Also, the biometric request letter has my dad's name which was due to the mistake I made when filling the application form.