+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Member Proof of Status

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hi can please someone help me on this topic. Me and my wife both are on open work permit in canada. I recently received invitation to apply. My brother is PR in canada. I have claimed points for sibling in canada.
What should I upload in "family member proof of status" ? Should I upload my brother's PR card or should I upload my wife's work permit along with my brother's PR card.
When you claim points for a sibling, they ask three things for sibling proof of relationship, proof of residency in Canada, and proof of citizenship or PR. Family member however is the one included in your application (Close and direct family wife, husband, children) as defined by IRCC

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Hi !
I attached the following. It worked for me:

- made a family tree & attachethat.
- an affidavit from my uncle saying that my father’s his brother.
- passports for both of them showing their last names, as Canadian passport don’t have parents name.
This was for EE & no points were being claimed.
Hi there, what if you choose to only provide LOE that you are not claiming points for it for it’s just a matter of declaration and avoid misrepresentation, would that still work?

meeganciara

Aug 17, 2020
Hello!!

Myself and my partner submitted a EE common-law PR application together, does this mean that we need to answer yes to this question for his BOWP application?
If so, what proof should my partner submit for my 'Proof of Status" as I'm currently on implied status and waiting for my own BOWP - an immigration consultant helped me with my BOWP application and for the life of me, I cannot remember whether I chose yes or no to this question at the time. UGH!!

Thank you!!

Divine Favour

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
Can anyone help me. I am a canadian citizenship who is now based in the states. My sister is applying for express entry skilled worker and I was wondering if she can use me to get points. Thanks

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Hi, I know its been a while, but did you figure this out? I am applying under CEC, originally I stated no for close family in Canada but I had to mention that I have aunt here. Not claiming any points. Now they ask for proof of relationship? What did you do at the end? Thank you.

Hi, I know its been a while, but did you figure this out? I am applying under CEC, originally I stated no for close family in Canada but I had to mention that I have aunt here. Not claiming any points. Now they ask for proof of relationship? What did you do at the end? Thank you.
Hi, I'm in the same situation. May I know what you did? Is it safe to remove the relative and provide LOE for CEC application?

Stefanija89.

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Hi, I'm in the same situation. May I know what you did? Is it safe to remove the relative and provide LOE for CEC application?
Hi!
I have also just attached LOE with brief description of relationship. I have also attached family tree explaining that she is my relative but no points will be claimed since she is a distant relative.
I got my PR with no issues!

Sen_

Jun 20, 2021
When you claim points for a sibling, they ask three things for sibling proof of relationship, proof of residency in Canada, and proof of citizenship or PR. Family member however is the one included in your application (Close and direct family wife, husband, children) as defined by IRCC
Hi! For family member proof of status do I upload the same PR card scan I upload for proof of sibling PR? Thanks!