+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

family details in eAPR

krishk329

May 27, 2017
I am from India and i am filling the eAPR form. I want to know-
1. should i include my parents and siblings names in the application. As i understand if i do then i have to get all the documents like medical, birth, police etc. for each one of them. My siblings are married and won't be accompanying me.
2. I am divorced and my child lives with the mother and i have no rights to meet the child so the child will not be accompanying me. Do i still need to include the child name in application. Problem is i don't have any contact with my ex- wife.
Please help

jazzyapd

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. should i include my parents and siblings names in the application. As i understand if i do then i have to get all the documents like medical, birth, police etc. for each one of them. My siblings are married and won't be accompanying me.

** yes you MUST enter siblings and parents basic details as requested on the PR application. Cic will NOT ask for any medical, police certificate etc. for them as they will not be given PR on account if your application. CIC just needs you to disclose the basic info of all of your immediate family members.

2. I am divorced and my child lives with the mother and i have no rights to meet the child so the child will not be accompanying me. Do i still need to include the child name in application. Problem is i don't have any contact with my ex- wife.

**yes you Must include your child's name in the application and specify that they will not accompany you to Canada. If you're not in communication with your ex-wife, you may need to seek legal advice about how to handle the part where medicals are needed for the child even though the child isn't accompanying with you.

Please help

Reactions: krishk329

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Please help
1. Yes, Include all - No certificates or proof required for parents/siblings
2. That's a tough one - You will need to declare them for sure and make them non accompanying - In this case I don't know if you need to provide any proof though (as you are not applying PR for them), but ideally you should not be required to.

I also hope there is no court case pending.

krishk329

May 27, 2017
1. Yes, Include all - No certificates or proof required for parents/siblings
2. That's a tough one - You will need to declare them for sure and make them non accompanying - In this case I don't know if you need to provide any proof though (as you are not applying PR for them), but ideally you should not be required to.

I also hope there is no court case pending.
thanks for the reply.
No there are no cases pending. I was divorced in 2015.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
IRCC expects medical for your child to be done even if you are divorced. Unless you can show legal proof of full custody given to the mother by a court, which i believe is very rare as in most cases its a shared custody. If you do however, then they will ask you to sign a declaration that you will never sponsor your child to canada in the future.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
I know such situations are very hard and stressful, but IRCC does not take into consideration whether you have contact with the mother or not, or she hides the passport or any other issues, as they believe you can force her to comply by going to court in case you have shared custody. They try to eliminate any future loopholes. So, unless you can show legal evidence, it will either be a rejection based on incomplete application, or a very long back and forth drag where they will keep asking for the medical to be done.