+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Class Spouse PR (Permanent Resident ) Application March 2020

Canadavisa1230

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
Hello Everyone.

I applied for spouse PR for my wife. Dropped the file on 3rd March 2020 and Just received information regarding the package is received. No reference number generated so far and no email received its been more than 5 weeks now.

Is there anyone dropped on march first week and no email yet?? Is that true they stopped processing the application for now due to Covid 19 issue?? Is there any number to reach and find out the status of my application since there is on reference number is there any alternate way to find my application details??

Also,

I just moved to new house in April and kind of worried about the status of my application.

Thank you and Appreciate your help in advance.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone.

I applied for spouse PR for my wife. Dropped the file on 3rd March 2020 and Just received information regarding the package is received. No reference number generated so far and no email received its been more than 5 weeks now.

Is there anyone dropped on march first week and no email yet?? Is that true they stopped processing the application for now due to Covid 19 issue?? Is there any number to reach and find out the status of my application since there is on reference number is there any alternate way to find my application details??

Also,

I just moved to new house in April and kind of worried about the status of my application.

This is normal. It normally takes 6-8 weeks to receive the file number after your application received.

No, it is not true that they have stopped application processing. However it is reasonable to expect that processing is a bit delayed right now.

leel

Feb 4, 2012
Hi Canadavisa,
Did y apply inland or Outland? Me too apply inland in March 5 still waiting for AOR.As said Scylla, may be it will take 6-8 weeks.

March 05 2020

May 21, 2020
Hello Everyone.

Also,

Hey buddy, I have same scenario. I have posted my spouse file on march 02 and they received it on march 05. Since then I have not heard anything about it. Please keep us updated if your see any further progress in file.

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
Hi there. I got signature delivery receipt of my inland application on February 25. I haven't got AOR yet either, and according the the 2020 spreadsheet the last people to get them were a few people people who had their apps received on Feb 21, about 3 weeks ago.

I don't know how they are actual handling this, but I'm hoping we can see another large batch of people receiving AORs by the end of this month to match the batch they did on April 30th.

Canadavisa1230

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
Hey buddy, I have same scenario. I have posted my spouse file on march 02 and they received it on march 05. Since then I have not heard anything about it. Please keep us updated if your see any further progress in file.

any update on your file yet???? are you in Canada and where is your wife located now?

Canadavisa1230

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
Hi there. I got signature delivery receipt of my inland application on February 25. I haven't got AOR yet either, and according the the 2020 spreadsheet the last people to get them were a few people people who had their apps received on Feb 21, about 3 weeks ago.

I don't know how they are actual handling this, but I'm hoping we can see another large batch of people receiving AORs by the end of this month to match the batch they did on April 30th.
Did you receive your AOR yet ?

March 05 2020

May 21, 2020
No not yet... did u received? Do you know email Id of CIC where we can contact them. I tried to contact them via phone but i wait in a queue and at last my call get disconnected.

Canadavisa1230

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
This is normal. It normally takes 6-8 weeks to receive the file number after your application received.

No, it is not true that they have stopped application processing. However it is reasonable to expect that processing is a bit delayed right now.
Any updates ? I applied in March for my wife but no AOR yet.