+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family class sponsorship

RAZZAQUAE

Jan 4, 2019
Hi, Hope you all are doing fine and in good health.

My uncle would like to apply for family class sponsorship in order to support my PR. He has a spouse, 2 sons, & 1 daughter (all Canadian citizens).

i'm 33 years old & not orphaned. according to CIC website, below are the conditions for eligible sponsor of "other relatives" category:

Other relative
You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age, if you meet all of these conditions:

• you (the person who wants to sponsor your relative) don't have a living relative you could sponsor instead, such as a:
    • spouse
    • common-law partner
    • conjugal partner
    • son or daughter
    • parent
    • grandparent
    • orphaned brother or sister
    • orphaned nephew or niece
    • orphaned grandchild
  • you (the potential sponsor) don’t have any relatives (aunt or uncle or any of the relatives listed above), who is a:
    • Canadian citizen
    • permanent resident
    • registered Indian under the Indian Act
Obviously, the second condition cannot be fulfilled as he has relatives (spouse, 2 sons, & 1 daughter). is there any workaround that might help to approve the application? will appealing process be useful in case I chose to continue the PR application after sponsorship application rejection?

Thank you in advance ...

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019

My uncle would like to apply for family class sponsorship in order to support my PR. He has a spouse, 2 sons, & 1 daughter (all Canadian citizens).

i'm 33 years old & not orphaned. according to CIC website, below are the conditions for eligible sponsor of "other relatives" category:

Other relative
You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age, if you meet all of these conditions:

• you (the person who wants to sponsor your relative) don't have a living relative you could sponsor instead, such as a:
    • spouse
    • common-law partner
    • conjugal partner
    • son or daughter
    • parent
    • grandparent
    • orphaned grandchild
  • you (the potential sponsor) don’t have any relatives (aunt or uncle or any of the relatives listed above), who is a:
    • Canadian citizen
    • permanent resident
Obviously, the second condition cannot be fulfilled as he has relatives (spouse, 2 sons, & 1 daughter). is there any workaround that might help to approve the application? will appealing process be useful in case I chose to continue the PR application after sponsorship application rejection?

Thank you in advance ...
He can't sponsor you, as you said he has the relatives with him, also you are not an orphan so another reason you can't be sponsored. You will have to look at other streams to qualify for immigration on your own.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017

Other relative

• spouse
    • common-law partner
    • conjugal partner
    • son or daughter
    • parent
    • grandparent
    • orphaned grandchild
    • Canadian citizen
    • permanent resident

Thank you in advance ...
he cannot sponsor you. an appeal will not help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Other relative

• spouse
    • common-law partner
    • conjugal partner
    • son or daughter
    • parent
    • grandparent
    • orphaned grandchild
    • Canadian citizen
    • permanent resident

Thank you in advance ...
As others have said, your uncle does not meet the requirements to sponsor you. An appeal will fail. There is no workaround that would allow him to sponsor you.

You need to qualify for PR on your own through an economic immigration program like Express Entry if you want to move here. You can find information about the Express Entry program here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html