Visa Office......
nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th june 2010
AOR Received.
9 th aug 2010
i would like to inquire of anyone who has processed his/her application in this office about processing times i already received AOR that my application is in process,My Canadian Husband did not include our original marriage certificate but a photocopy but he has since sent me the original am taking it to the embassy next week plus other documents like letters of communication between him and my daughter who is my only dependant from my first marriage since i lost my first husband 4yrs ago.and more chat messages and a new phone record to add on what we included in our application i just hope that the times have changed since we really need to have another baby with my hubby
please anyone who has Gone through this office please share with me your experience

malaika

Aug 8, 2010
NAIROBI
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10.2010
AOR Received.
14/01/2011
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
23/12/2010
Med's Done....
september 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09/feb/2011
VISA ISSUED...
may be may
LANDED..........
maybe june
Hi Mimie :D
Sorry Iam not writting to unswer your question but to say hey Lady! finally I got someone from Nairobi finaly who is applying thro family class. we do have like same History, I lost My first Hubby 3yrs ago and I have one belived daughter. I got married again to my corrent Canadian Hubby this year and iam in the process of applying for PR. Please. I have done all the reguired process, Medical Exam, cert from Police and send them to my hubby wo is in Ontario canada. He compliled the papers and send them to missisauga on Monday.
Please kindly assist me my dear. How Long did it take you from the time you put in your papers to the time you got the reply? Iam anxious too since I wanna join My hubby and also get a baby too.
thanks mimie

New Wife

Star Member
Oct 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2010
AOR Received.
December 16, 2010
File Transfer...
September 30, 2010
Med's Done....
August 6, 2010
Hello Mimie,

I too have recently applied to bring my husband to Canada and the immigration process can be very long and frustrating. First you should not have to give your original marriage certificate to the embassy. You should keep the original for yourself. No one should ask of you to give up your original certificate. You keep that always. A copy is just fine. Remember you only get one original copy of your marriage license so please don't give that up.

For Nairobi I checked and spousal processing times can take between 13-25 months at your embassy if that is the one you was using. I've gone through this process so if you have any questions I would be happy to try and help you out. I understand what you are going through.

New Wife

mimie

Oct 6, 2010
nairobi kenya
Visa Office......
nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th june 2010
AOR Received.
9 th aug 2010
hello my dear friends
Thanks for your response for malaika it took us about 1month for the application to get to Nairobi we sent in our application on 30th of June and we got feedback on 3rd of Aug that sponsorship has been accepted and the application is in Nairobi so we are just waiting
And New wife thanks so much i was so worried of giving the original marriage certificate so you mean you only sent a photocopy and got through the process??

New Wife

Star Member
Oct 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2010
AOR Received.
December 16, 2010
File Transfer...
September 30, 2010
Med's Done....
August 6, 2010
Yes please only give a copy of your marriage certificate. Never give the original.
Hope this has been helpful!
Best of Luck

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
iam also applyng through to the nairobi embassy i don't much about the nairobi embassy
we finished our application and tryng to send it this friday

i don't how long it takes to be approved as sponsor but we hope everything to go smoothly and then we will see how long the nairobi embassy takes to process applications?
thanks and i wish u all a speedy and seccessfull one

mmhughes

Star Member
Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2010
File Transfer...
17-11-2010
Med's Done....
23-08-2010
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
I am pretty certain that the only original documents that you give them is the medical check up receipt that you will obtain from the doctor and the police record check. That is it and that is all. Keep your marriage certificate close to your heart. I made coloured photocopies of everything to make all my certificates, citizenship card, passport, etc. clearer.

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
mimie it seems u are afew steps ahead of me please share me with ur exprience so i can stay calm with this long process
we are going to send ours this friday to cic m
so what next?
how long?

mimie

Oct 6, 2010
nairobi kenya
Visa Office......
nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th june 2010
AOR Received.
9 th aug 2010
hello guys i am just from the Nairobi office to forward some more papers but i have given my original marriage certificate coz the letter i got from the embassy clearly demanded an original copy i hope its kept safe
J ma it will take approximately i month to 42 days for sponsorship to be approved.i have now given all they require so am just waiting i just hope it will take less months as i heard from another site that there are more officers now at the Nairobi office and form the site most pple got their PR approved at approximately between 7-9 months though there are some up to 1 year and some months so lets just hope for the best

malaika

Aug 8, 2010
NAIROBI
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10.2010
AOR Received.
14/01/2011
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
23/12/2010
Med's Done....
september 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09/feb/2011
VISA ISSUED...
may be may
LANDED..........
maybe june
Thanks guys,
Lets all be patient. All this madness will be over oneday. For mimie, wow iam sooo anvious of you, i hope mine too will be approved the soonest. Thanks too for the information of time duration. I wouldn't believe myself being away from my hubby that long I mean over 2yrs? hey be serious.though I know he will visit us anyway. But what to Do I am patient. 7-9 months sounds good. iam praying for you my dear mimie. We are family. my hubby went with our original marriage cert and when i heard of your requirements, I told him to sent the document since i am suspecting they might ask me too. I applied for my daughter's passport on friday, do they also require our passports this time?
God Bless. :D

mimie

Oct 6, 2010
nairobi kenya
Visa Office......
nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th june 2010
AOR Received.
9 th aug 2010
Hello Malaika
In the AOR that i received from the embassy it clearly stated that they wanted an original marriage certificate so i hope your hubby included it for me i had to wait for my hubby to send it to me for me to forward it.As well you asked about the passport nope they wont need to send a passport but i wonder what you filled in the application papers coz passport details are to be filled on the application? thats why for me i had to get for my daughter a passport before we sent our application coz of the details as well i think if am not wrong we sent copies of both our passports but anyway you can always take your daughters copy to the embassy once the application gets to Nairobi

malaika

Aug 8, 2010
NAIROBI
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10.2010
AOR Received.
14/01/2011
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
23/12/2010
Med's Done....
september 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09/feb/2011
VISA ISSUED...
may be may
LANDED..........
maybe june
Hi My dear friend!
Thanks for the reply. I have my passport myself though due to expire in november but for my daughter i had to apply since I was told it was not a requirement at the moment, thats why i had to apply it before my papers arrive in Nairobi.
We shall meet my dear as agreed so we talk more. Kiss the young one for me and be save.
God bless you. Cheers.
A.C

Alice100

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 08, 2009
Doc's Request.
Sept 2009 and March 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
File Transfer...
Sept 2009
Med's Request
March 28, 2011
Med's Done....
May 4 and May 18, 2011
Passport Req..
March 28 but sent on May 26, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 05, 2011
LANDED..........
July 12, 2011
Hi guys,

My two orphaned niece and nephews application is also being processed through the Nairobi office. Nairobi received our application in November and in September they requested more info, additional forms and proof of relationship. Your posts gave me hope, hope the kids join me soon as I did not expect to hear from them until next year. We mailed the required document through the consolate in Kampala yesterday and am keeping crossed that we get a response soon.

Cheers!

Lena

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
The only original certificate you send initially is your medical receipt and police clearance. If, in future the IO does request the original marriage certificate argue about this. Someone on this forum gave their marriage certificate to an IO at interview and has never seen it again!!!!

It appears, that CIC do not require this original, a copy is just fine.

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...