+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family-based humanitarian program for Colombians, Haitians and Venezuelans

LA2023

Dec 4, 2023
Bogota
Hi! I have a couple of questions:

1.- I lived in Spain for two years, 13 years ago. I'm trying to request my Police Certificate, but it will take a while because I need to send an authenticated authorization for someone living in Spain to start that request. Should I proceed with my application without that info? I'm afraid that if I wait 2/3 weeks, I'll lose my chance to apply.
2.- I'm trying to digitally sign the IMM 5989 form, but I can't. Would you happen to have a troubleshooting guide? Can I print, sign, and scan that form?

Thank you!
You can use I lovepdf.com: you download the from and fill it out first, then open ilovepdf.com then you click on Sign PDF, then you upload your saved form, it opens up, you look for the space where you should sign and choose the manual option (on the right of your screen), it would allow you to scann a code with your phone's camera, it will pull up a link, you click and open that link on your phone, that's a sign box, you turn it around (unlock screen first if locked) and you can sign with your finger, you can delete it if it is too messy until you get one that is more accurate to your everyday sign, then you choose to accept that one version you feel good with, and the system will pull it and paste it on your form. you can put it in place and choose the size. Then download that signed form in your computer marked signed and voila, then you check it, then you can upload the signed form under the section that requests it (Schedule 1)

Reactions: pablolo

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
Hi all.
If my application was returned, do I have to start a new application from scratch?.
If you speak Spanish I recommend you to join us on telegram. We have a lot of members there that might help you with your specific case. Link below

https://t.me/+9ilnsbfWJto2ZTU5

If you don't speak Spanish we can help you here but share more info what was the reason you think it was returned for.

PetCoke

Mar 14, 2017
If you speak Spanish I recommend you to join us on telegram. We have a lot of members there that might help you with your specific case. Link below

https://t.me/+9ilnsbfWJto2ZTU5

If you don't speak Spanish we can help you here but share more info what was the reason you think it was returned for.
Thanks, yayita.
I do speak spanish, but I dont use telegram. I can see on your signature below that you re-submitted an application. Would you please share if I need to create a new application from scratch?.

My application was returned. The National ID document was deemed "incomplete" and I suspect they want to look for a divorce document (which I already have).
After I received the "returned" notice, I can go back into my application and see the forms - can upload new documents, sign the consent etc... but it wont allow me to hit "submit" again. I'm guessing that means I have to create a new application, but I wanted to double check.

Thank you.

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
Thanks, yayita.
I do speak spanish, but I dont use telegram. I can see on your signature below that you re-submitted an application. Would you please share if I need to create a new application from scratch?.

My application was returned. The National ID document was deemed "incomplete" and I suspect they want to look for a divorce document (which I already have).
After I received the "returned" notice, I can go back into my application and see the forms - can upload new documents, sign the consent etc... but it wont allow me to hit "submit" again. I'm guessing that means I have to create a new application, but I wanted to double check.

Thank you.
No from scratch. We it's returned they marked usually the section where the mistake happened with a yellow triangle. From what you are telling us is that the section called identity and civil status is marked specifically the national ID. if this is true, now let me ask you some questions.

1. What docs did you load in the section identity and civil status?
2. Did you load Anchor's provincial ID somewhere? for example, driver license copy front/back demonstrating is from a province out of Quebec?

On telegram we've seen this a loooot of time. The officer is not telling you that document marked is wrong is telling you provincial ID is not there in that section. identity is for the anchor and civil status is for the applicant. I know very confusing how they marked very confusing that same section is for both roles.

If your app says returned, you don't need to start a new one. On that one delete the file that has been marked and loaded it again (a new one or corrected one) that will let you to make submit button available again. Note your consent form will be clear out again. You need to sign electronically like 1st time.

eliobol97

Dec 22, 2023
Hi everybody, I have some good news and hope for everybody, they are already responding with approvals, this is the timeline for my wife's sister, she is from Venezuela.

Application (submission) date: 2023-11-18
Date AOR received: 2023-11-24
Date of biometrics: 2023-11-27
Date of requested medical exam: 2023-11-24
Date of Pre-arrival services: 2023-11-28
Date of INTERIM FEDERAL HEALTH CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY: 2023-12-04
Date of Service Available and Applicant/Anchor responsibilities: 2023-12-11
Application response: Approved: 2023-12-21
Passport(s) request date (RFV): 2023-12-21
Passport(s) received date:

God bless everybody and Merry Christmas!

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi everybody, I have some good news and hope for everybody, they are already responding with approvals, this is the timeline for my wife's sister, she is from Venezuela.

Wow, congratulations....
Where PA's from? His country of residence?

Thanks...

wjcv

May 28, 2015
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
20-11-2023
AOR Received.
29-11-2023
Thank you for sharing your times and congratulations!!!!!!! Really appreciate it!

Do you have to send the passport to the VFS or the embassy? Besides the passport and the letter of approval, what else do you have to send?

Did you receive your approval in the morning?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

eliobol97

Dec 22, 2023
Thank you for sharing your times. Really appreciate it!

Do you have to send the passport to the VFS or the embassy? Besides the passport and the letter of approval, what else do you have to send?

Did you receive your approval in the morning?

Thanks in advance.
The passport needs to be sent to the VFS (that is usually the procedure, I haven't heard anybody sending it directly to the embassy, because VFS is the one that sends it directly to the Embassy and you can track it).
Well, usually the package to send the documents to VFS includes:
1. The letter from IRCC saying that you need to send the passport
2. The original passport
3. Two photos (with full name and d.o.b. of applicant, and name, address of photographer and date of picture)
4. Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), if you haven't paid you can pay now and then print the receipt.
5. Height and Eye colour (written on paper)
Additionally, VFS requests (in this case) some more papers:
6. A paper with all your information: Full Name, Email, Phone and Mailing Address (where you receive the passport and COPR).
7. Payment for the delivery (return) of the passport, in case you live in another city, in this case, VFS is in Quito, and the applicant lives in Guayaquil, so we paid.
8. Consent Form (just a formality from VFS to proceed)

The approval was received in the morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: wjcv

wjcv

May 28, 2015
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
20-11-2023
AOR Received.
29-11-2023
The passport needs to be sent to the VFS (that is usually the procedure, I haven't heard anybody sending it directly to the embassy, because VFS is the one that sends it directly to the Embassy and you can track it).
Well, usually the package to send the documents to VFS includes:
1. The letter from IRCC saying that you need to send the passport
2. The original passport
3. Two photos (with full name and d.o.b. of applicant, and name, address of photographer and date of picture)
4. Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), if you haven't paid you can pay now and then print the receipt.
5. Height and Eye colour (written on paper)
Additionally, VFS requests (in this case) some more papers:
6. A paper with all your information: Full Name, Email, Phone and Mailing Address (where you receive the passport and COPR).
7. Payment for the delivery (return) of the passport, in case you live in another city, in this case, VFS is in Quito, and the applicant lives in Guayaquil, so we paid.
8. Consent Form (just a formality from VFS to proceed)

The approval was received in the morning.
Thank so much for your detail email!
Yes, when I did my PR they asked me for photos again. I just want to check with you and that others be prepared too.

So do we have to pay 515$ cad for the permanent resident fee?

Thanks one more time for your time and kindness.

eliobol97

Dec 22, 2023
Thank so much for your detail email!
Yes, when I did my PR they asked me for photos again. I just want to check with you and that others be prepared too.

So do we have to pay 515$ cad for the permanent resident fee?

Thanks one more time for your time and kindness.
Yes, apparently so, we never received any document claiming that we should not pay that. So we paid 515$ CAD.

The exact wording of the letter was:
4. If not yet paid, pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) and provide a copy of the
payment receipt. To pay your fees, click here.

Reactions: karenes29 and wjcv

wjcv

May 28, 2015
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
20-11-2023
AOR Received.
29-11-2023
Thank you!!! I hope you could reunite with your family soon! Merry Christmas!!

Yes, apparently so, we never received any document claiming that we should not pay that. So we paid 515$ CAD.

The exact wording of the letter was:
4. If not yet paid, pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) and provide a copy of the
payment receipt. To pay your fees, click here.

Last edited:

trulyoli

Dec 27, 2023
I'm a bit lost with the IMM 5990 form. Did you find a consular officer to sign the form? and if so did they charge you for it? I asked a consular officer in Vancouver and they wanted to charge $50, so I'm looking for a notary now.

Did your application return after receiving AOR?
Check your signature block, I see AOR and biometrics.

IMM 5989 digitally ( To be in the safe side I've put both manually and digitally which means 2 copies. I added a note also to let them choose the right signature they want)
IMM 5990 manually ( print it and sign it in front of the officer. After the officer's signature, scan it in PDF color and upload to the portal)

Thank you.