+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family-based humanitarian program for Colombians, Haitians and Venezuelans

Dec 28, 2023
For those who were out of the program because the province of Quebec decided to not participate in the humanitarian program, we're gathering firms to claim consideration at both provincial and federal levels. ONLY permanent residents and Canadian Citizens can sign:

Provincial: https://www.assnat.qc.ca/fr/exprimez-votre-opinion/petition/Petition-10581/index.html

Federal: https://www.ourcommons.ca/petitions/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-4704

Please spread the word so we get as many signatures as possible. Again, ONLY permanent residents and Canadian Citizens can sign.

frange

May 25, 2018
I'm a bit lost with the IMM 5990 form. Did you find a consular officer to sign the form? and if so did they charge you for it? I asked a consular officer in Vancouver and they wanted to charge $50, so I'm looking for a notary now.
You could check with the administration of your municipality . They always have a commissioner service which habilitate to authenticate and sign documents.
This option is way cheaper than going to notary.
By example, in Ottawa, a friend of mine used the commissioner of the city and paid $15 for IMM 5990. He already got AOR's.

eliobol97

Dec 22, 2023
I'm a bit lost with the IMM 5990 form. Did you find a consular officer to sign the form? and if so did they charge you for it? I asked a consular officer in Vancouver and they wanted to charge $50, so I'm looking for a notary now.
You can use a notary or a Commissioner for Oaths, here in Alberta you can go to a Registry (where you register your vehicle) and they charge you between 15 and 20$, in Vancouver could be a little bit different. But I was reading that affidavit you can get it cheaper here, please give them a call and check.

http://www.myvancouverlawyer.com/NotaryServices.html

ogcorp

Mar 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-12-2020
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
Application (submission) date: 2023-11-29
Date AOR received: 2023-12-29

trulyoli

Dec 27, 2023
Hi! congrats on the approval :)
Did they give you a time limit for when you have to send the passport, and a deadline by which the applicant has to fly to Canada once their application is approved?

The passport needs to be sent to the VFS (that is usually the procedure, I haven't heard anybody sending it directly to the embassy, because VFS is the one that sends it directly to the Embassy and you can track it).
Well, usually the package to send the documents to VFS includes:
1. The letter from IRCC saying that you need to send the passport
2. The original passport
3. Two photos (with full name and d.o.b. of applicant, and name, address of photographer and date of picture)
4. Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), if you haven't paid you can pay now and then print the receipt.
5. Height and Eye colour (written on paper)
Additionally, VFS requests (in this case) some more papers:
6. A paper with all your information: Full Name, Email, Phone and Mailing Address (where you receive the passport and COPR).
7. Payment for the delivery (return) of the passport, in case you live in another city, in this case, VFS is in Quito, and the applicant lives in Guayaquil, so we paid.
8. Consent Form (just a formality from VFS to proceed)

The approval was received in the morning.

Sandra2024

Jan 3, 2024
I had everything ready in the application except the police record, because I haven’t received the confirmation from the company in Colombia. Is there any chance this program would be re-opened any time soon?

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
I had everything ready in the application except the police record, because I haven’t received the confirmation from the company in Colombia. Is there any chance this program would be re-opened any time soon?
Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely. They were open for 1.5 months which is unprecedented. They gave everyone more than enough time to submit their application. A lot of people had their application returned twice and still had enough time to submit an application, basically 3 times. Most programs like this are only open for 1 to 2 days.

In terms of numbers, looks like they might have double or triple the number they require to reach their target. They need to approve 3500 applications, but are looking to give 6600 AORs to meet that target. The feeling is that they are very close to 6600 AORs already and still probably have 3000-4000 more applications in their system that they have not even touched. So, easily more than 10000 complete applications in their system and their target is only 3500 applications. That is why they closed the program, they have far more applications in their system than they need.

Childney

Jan 4, 2024
I submitted my application in December 12 2024, they sent me an email saying my application was submitted successfully, since then i haven’t received any email from them, now the program is closed. Does anyone know if they would still process the application? What if the application has a mistake would they give me a chance to correct it?

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
I submitted my application in December 12 2024, they sent me an email saying my application was submitted successfully, since then i haven’t received any email from them, now the program is closed. Does anyone know if they would still process the application? What if the application has a mistake would they give me a chance to correct it?
If your application is complete they will give you an AOR. I am still waiting for my AOR from december 7th. I am hopeful that most complete applications (ones without mistakes) will receive an AOR. You never know that they might overlook a mistake and still accept the application since the program is closed.

But in case they return your application for being incomplete, there is no way to correct. That is pretty standard procedure for IRCC. It is a miracle that some people got the chance correct their applications before they closed. That is why it is very important to fill your application carefully while reading all the instructions.

if you know that you made a mistake, I would encourage you to send a webform about it. The fact that they will view that webform as part of the application is debatable but at least worth trying.

Reactions: Childney

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
How can I get notified if this program is re-opened?
There is no way anyone can notify you. Keeping an eye on the dates and procedures of an program is your personal responsibility. You can check the program's website to see if there are any changes.