+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family-based humanitarian program for Colombians, Haitians and Venezuelans

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Hello, just checking in to see how the members who are sponsoring Haitians are doing. We have applied for my husband's sister, her husband, and their 2 children. They are in Cap Haitien and were supposed to fly to Port Au Prince this weekend for their medical exams, but the airline emailed saying flights have been cancelled. This is due to the current situation in Haiti. I've sent a letter of explanation to IRCC webform, and am waiting to see if they will give an extension or even a possible waiver. The situation is so scary for Haitians right now. I've previously sent a letter of explanation because we're unable to get the requested police checks. IRCC must be tired of me by now:(
Hey I’m Haitian too, how is everything going, did you manage to do the Medicals also did u get the DCPJ document?

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Hey I’m Haitian too, how is everything going, did you manage to do the Medicals also did u get the DCPJ document?
No we couldn't do the medical. Sunrise cancelled the flights from Cap Haitien to Port au Prince and now nothing is functioning. We aren't able to get the police checks. I'm losing hope

Ossy24

Mar 17, 2024
Hello! I see you also sent the Military service certificate. Is that different from the one you print from the military website?...we sent this one in February, along with my stepsons discharge papers (after 6 weeks of basic training due to being an only child) but got another request today for the Libretar Militar. Was your information accepted?
HI Gtifen, Do you know if we can reach out to them to ask for an update? we submitted the military certificate docs more than a week ago, and we sent our application 3 days after its opening approx... any advice on reaching out for an update? thank you :)

Cuervo1800

Feb 27, 2024
Curious if anybody has already received their Confirmation of PR (COPR) / entry documents?
Our process has been pretty smooth, with the request for passports to be sent to the Consulate in Bogota about two weeks ago. Apparently the turnover is between 2 to 4 weeks from when the passports are sent, or so we’ve read.
Our application was submitted late Nov/‘23, so I’m guessing the earliest applicants could already have started to receive their COPR / entry docs.
Good luck out there, people.

Last edited:
Reactions: faithey

frange

May 25, 2018
No we couldn't do the medical. Sunrise cancelled the flights from Cap Haitien to Port au Prince and now nothing is functioning. We aren't able to get the police checks. I'm losing hope
Port-au-Prince is a nightmare for everyone and getting an administrative document specifically DCPJ police certificate is impossible.
My family stuck for DCPJ police certificate since early January.

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Port-au-Prince is a nightmare for everyone and getting an administrative document specifically DCPJ police certificate is impossible.
My family stuck for DCPJ police certificate since early January.
Please contact your MP and ask if they can help you. My MP is assisting us.

frange

May 25, 2018
Please contact your MP and ask if they can help you. My MP is assisting us.
What kind of help did you request since it's all about the Haitian government?
In my case, IRCC extended twice the deadline to submit Haitian police certificates.
Also, an IRCC officer told me that DCPJ police certificate is mandatory for people who live OR use to live in Haiti for more than 6 months.

Thank you,

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
What kind of help did you request since it's all about the Haitian government?
In my case, IRCC extended twice the deadline to submit Haitian police certificates.
Also, an IRCC officer told me that DCPJ police certificate is mandatory for people who live OR use to live in Haiti for more than 6 months.

Thank you,
I tried to inbox you but don't know if you got it.

Leonardo74

Feb 8, 2024
Hola a todos, me dio por hacer el proceso a finales de noviembre para mi madre y hermana mayor, todos los trámites habían llegado a sus correos casi simultáneamente, antier recibí la carta de solicitud de pasaporte sólo para mi hermana, será que por edad de mi mamá o alguna otra cosa está en standby? Siguen más ha recibido aportaciones para algunos de sus familiares quedando pendientes otros?

Cuervo1800

Feb 27, 2024
Hola a todos, me dio por hacer el proceso a finales de noviembre para mi madre y hermana mayor, todos los trámites habían llegado a sus correos casi simultáneamente, antier recibí la carta de solicitud de pasaporte sólo para mi hermana, será que por edad de mi mamá o alguna otra cosa está en standby? Siguen más ha recibido aportaciones para algunos de sus familiares quedando pendientes otros?
A nosotros nos llegaron las citas para la pruebas biométricas en diferentes días. Pero por lo usual, todos los demás tramites venían juntos. Ojalá nomas sea tramitologia de parte del gobierno. No veo por que por edad o alguna otra cosa pongan algunos u otros en standby.

Leonardo74

Feb 8, 2024
Ya llegó! Ahora otra pregunta, a los que les han pedido pasaportes, después de enviarlos, cuanto se demoran en regresar con la carta de residencia? Teníamos viaje planeado el otro mes pero nuestros pasaportes van a estar en tránsito

Cuervo1800

Feb 27, 2024
Ya llegó! Ahora otra pregunta, a los que les han pedido pasaportes, después de enviarlos, cuanto se demoran en regresar con la carta de residencia? Teníamos viaje planeado el otro mes pero nuestros pasaportes van a estar en tránsito
Enviamos nuestros pasaportes casi tres semanas atrás y todavía no las hemos recibido de vuelta. Leímos en alguna otra pagina web que se tardan dos a tres semanas para poner las visas y devolverlas.

Leonardo74

Feb 8, 2024
Enviamos nuestros pasaportes casi tres semanas atrás y todavía no las hemos recibido de vuelta. Leímos en alguna otra pagina web que se tardan dos a tres semanas para poner las visas y devolverlas.
Caray, teníamos un viaje pero primero lo primero