+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family-based humanitarian program for Colombians, Haitians and Venezuelans

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
No, I mistakenly thought the "Identity Document" section was for the applicant's, not the anchor's. :S
And under "(Anchor) Proof os status" I only uploaded the Anchor's citizenship card (these are valid, although they no longer exist, and also might not be quite the best for todays digitalized citizen profiles)

It's a bummer, I just added the provincial document and passport to the section in question and I really hope it gets processed...
Yeah. I'd keep in identity their marriage certificate only plus provincial ID and repeat under proof of status Canadian citizenship certificate passport and provincial ID again.

Reactions: LA2023

rcolina68

Dec 11, 2023
My application for my sister was returned today (she is applying for herself, her husband and her two kids), the reason was proof of status "This document is incomplete, please review and update the document. ". I only updated my PR Card front and back (I am the anchor), do I need to upload anything else?

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
My application for my sister was returned today (she is applying for herself, her husband and her two kids), the reason was proof of status "This document is incomplete, please review and update the document. ". I only updated my PR Card front and back (I am the anchor), do I need to upload anything else?

what did you load under identity and civil status? if you are PR that should be enough (use same pag front/back) maybe when you re apply add landing doc as well and put provincial ID under proof of status as well as under identity doc.

Don't forget to add marriage cert for your sister and her spouse as well as birth cert for the kids demonstrating they are their parents.

Reactions: LA2023

rcolina68

Dec 11, 2023
Yayita, thankyou for the reply.

Under identity and civil status: Birth certificate (all of them), ID (all of them), and marriage certificate (my sister and her husband). What do you mean as provincial ID? Lisence?

I read this note next to proof of status:

"Note: Applications submitted under the Family Class or under the Spouse and Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class.
Proof of status documents should be uploaded for the following individual(s):
  • Sponsor
  • Principal Applicant (if applicable)
  • Accompanying family members (if applicable)"

Should I be uploading all those documents in that category as well?

Thanks

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
Yayita, thankyou for the reply.

Under identity and civil status: Birth certificate (all of them), ID (all of them), and marriage certificate (my sister and her husband). What do you mean as provincial ID? Lisence?

I read this note next to proof of status:

"Note: Applications submitted under the Family Class or under the Spouse and Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class.
Proof of status documents should be uploaded for the following individual(s):
  • Sponsor
  • Principal Applicant (if applicable)
  • Accompanying family members (if applicable)"

Should I be uploading all those documents in that category as well?

Thanks

I don't really know what that part of note means (it might be for another program maybe).

Yes driver license demonstrating the anchor is out of quebec. I had same reason for return. I didn't load provincial ID. Because nobody gets the actual error you made you need to try on your 2nd chance submit as much as you can.

so, if you didn't submit provincial ID anywhere put that under identity and leave the rest of docs you already had there.

Provincial ID is a requirement, check the guide 5991.
Also check in the portal the question mark (?) under identity (that changed last week)

To cover all bases I'd suggest load under proof of status:
- provincial ID (anchor)
- PR card (front/back) all in 1 page.
- Landing doc (I think it's called that) but whatever immigration gave you before you got your PR card)

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
When did you apply?