+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family already in canada and daughter needs to move along

sk1356

Mar 8, 2015
The child who is 22 or over should study and work where they are and can work at qualifying for economic immigration if they want to move to Canada.
Yes, that's a great option if the child wants to move to Canada. They would even receive additional points if a sibling is already a PR holder or citizen.
The problem begins when child just wants to temporarily come to Canada (for study or even to just visit). It's unfortunate.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, that's a great option if the child wants to move to Canada. They would even receive additional points if a sibling is already a PR holder or citizen.
The problem begins when child just wants to temporarily come to Canada (for study or even to just visit). It's unfortunate.
Have you considered talking to your local MP? They may be able to write a letter recommending a visa for your step-son, or provide some other form of help. Your case seems like one that may be viewed sympathetically.

Bit of a long shot, but there's nothing to lose by asking.

Reactions: sk1356

sk1356

Mar 8, 2015
Have you considered talking to your local MP? They may be able to write a letter recommending a visa for your step-son, or provide some other form of help. Your case seems like one that may be viewed sympathetically.

That sounds like a great suggestion. Thanks!

CAsharma

May 2, 2019

Does that really work . Recommendations for Canada Visa

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Does that really work . Recommendations for Canada Visa
it can but I read your other posts you want to move your daughter permanently here, they cannot help with getting her PR as she is older than 22. I have had a MP help me with a visitor visa. But after the time was up my wife left as per the rules.