+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

False report and defamation to IRCC

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Hi,

I was debating in a political group and one guy didn’t like one of my comments where I said Immigration Canada is reporting an increased number of visa applicants who are expressing thoughts or intentions of suicide because of processing delays caused by the various measures put in place around the pandemic. I shared an article about that. Then I said it’s a shame and an embarrassment for IRCC.

Then the same guy sent me a private message full of insults (Go back to your country son of *****) and by using ad hominem attacks, saying that he took screenshots of my comment on Facebook...Then he sent everything to IRCC and to the RCMP. WTH.

I was wondering if IRCC will delay the process of my file because I criticised them ? Would they check who’s behind the Facebook account in order to find my UCI number, so they can put my file on hold because of these criticisms ?

One of my friend told me you should never criticise IRCC publicly, even with the best constructive criticism, because they could delay the process of your file.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hi,

I was debating in a political group and one guy didn’t like one of my comments where I said Immigration Canada is reporting an increased number of visa applicants who are expressing thoughts or intentions of suicide because of processing delays caused by the various measures put in place around the pandemic. I shared an article about that. Then I said it’s a shame and an embarrassment for IRCC.

Then the same guy sent me a private message full of insults (Go back to your country son of *****) and by using ad hominem attacks, saying that he took screenshots of my comment on Facebook...Then he sent everything to IRCC and to the RCMP. WTH.

I was wondering if IRCC will delay the process of my file because I criticised them ? Would they check who’s behind the Facebook account in order to find my UCI number, so they can put my file on hold because of these criticisms ?

One of my friend told me you should never criticise IRCC publicly, even with the best constructive criticism, because they could delay the process of your file.
Nah don't worry, every FB group s full of ircc criticism and they all got approved, but then again, the criticism usually starts after a delay...people don't complain if things are moving along.

Reactions: Idrissrafd

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
While in some countries it may not be in your best interest to comment on government departments, it’s a national past time to express frustration with the government. Definitely wouldn’t worry about a comment like that.

Reactions: Idrissrafd

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

IRCC won't care. RCMP won't care. Lots of people criticize IRCC publicly and have said far far worse than you.

Report the this user to the moderator of the forum and ask that this member's user ID be deleted due to offensive comments and threats. Someone who sends private message like this shouldn't be welcome here and I'm pretty sure this violates the terms of use.