+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fall 2019 Intake: Pakistani Students Only

htariq

Star Member
May 23, 2019
guys, I just contacted VFS Global Pakistan to ask them how much time it takes after the passport submission letter? They told me standard processing time is 2-4 weeks. TWO WEEKS?? For those of us who haven't received the approval yet, isn't that too long of a time? i though it takes 1 week to get the stamped passport back

Azlan Aslam

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019
Hi,
I received the Biometric Correspondence Letter today at 12.15 pm. What is the chance now of getting the Visa approved and how much time it will take for the next update? Any Info about that????

htariq

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hi,
I received the Biometric Correspondence Letter today at 12.15 pm. What is the chance now of getting the Visa approved and how much time it will take for the next update? Any Info about that????
That's great--means you should be getting the Approval soon although how long it'll take is really not clear at this point. I received my Biometrics Correspondence letter on July 22nd but no other updates since. Some people got their correspondence letter & pp request same day

Bilalm001

Jun 23, 2019
guys, I just contacted VFS Global Pakistan to ask them how much time it takes after the passport submission letter? They told me standard processing time is 2-4 weeks. TWO WEEKS?? For those of us who haven't received the approval yet, isn't that too long of a time? i though it takes 1 week to get the stamped passport back
I thought it took one week as well! That must be the time they they quote. It probably takes less.

Reactions: htariq

Bilalm001

Jun 23, 2019
Hi,
When did your profile show that you passed medical? And after how many days did the ppr come?

Bilalm001

Jun 23, 2019
That's great--means you should be getting the Approval soon although how long it'll take is really not clear at this point. I received my Biometrics Correspondence letter on July 22nd but no other updates since. Some people got their correspondence letter & pp request same day
When did your profile show medical cal passed?

Bilalm001

Jun 23, 2019
I passed my medical on 21 Aug. Correct me if I’m wrong okay? I am estimating that the biometric correspondence letter will come by 27 Aug and PPR by 2 Sept. passport Returned by 9th. Is this a realistic timeline? Whats the actual timeline you guys observed?

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Hey, I have a question. What if we are asked for an interview after the session has started. Would they ask for new offer letter from the university?
In that case, you should contact your college/uni and ask them for a deferral letter. Because the VO would expect that letter since it would be in the middle of the semester. Even if they don't ask, as soon as the term starts and you have not heard back, I would recommend that you get that deferral letter as that can take time as well

Reactions: faizanshafiq

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
For me, it took exactly a week and that too because it was during the EID holidays, otherwise within a few days it should be done.... They tell you the average time but mostly everyone gets it within a few days or a week exact...

Reactions: htariq

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Hi,
As long you got your medical request and all, it should be approval but no one can guarantee but as per most applications, that's usually the case. IN terms of time, no one can say. Many get their PPR the same day, the day after or even with a few weeks. As for myself, I got my Biometrics Correspondence letter on July 28 and PPR on August 8.. so it really varies.

Reactions: Azlan Aslam

Azlan Aslam

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019
When did your profile show that you passed medical? And after how many days did the ppr come?
I received the letter for medical on 25th July. I went for medical in IOM Islamabad on 31st July 2019. My update for medical passed appeared on 4th August in profile. And today on 22nd August, i have got the biometric correspondence letter.

Azlan Aslam

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019
I passed my medical on 21 Aug. Correct me if I’m wrong okay? I am estimating that the biometric correspondence letter will come by 27 Aug and PPR by 2 Sept. passport Returned by 9th. Is this a realistic timeline? Whats the actual timeline you guys observed?
It totally varies.. I have told my timeline in the above reply

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
It totally varies.. I have told my timeline in the above reply

Also I would like to mention one thing, I sent in a webform as well that I received my correspondence letter but have not received any further notification and it's been over a week and then eventually got a PPR email. When I got my visa, the issue date on it was July 29 but my app was approved on August 16 and my biometrics correspondence letter came on July 28. That's usually the case but the VO's sometimes don't respond and all so if you don't get a response within a week, I would recommend that you send in a webform and a email to IRCC Abu Dhabi....because time is short, otherwise if you had like a month for classes to begin then you could've waited...

But do wait a few days to a week at least....

Azlan Aslam

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019
Also I would like to mention one thing, I sent in a webform as well that I received my correspondence letter but have not received any further notification and it's been over a week and then eventually got a PPR email. When I got my visa, the issue date on it was July 29 but my app was approved on August 16 and my biometrics correspondence letter came on July 28. That's usually the case but the VO's sometimes don't respond and all so if you don't get a response within a week, I would recommend that you send in a webform and a email to IRCC Abu Dhabi....because time is short, otherwise if you had like a month for classes to begin then you could've waited...

But do wait a few days to a week at least....
Yes you are totally right brother.. I have this thing in my mind. I can't wait for long as my classes start on 3rd Sept. I will send the webform may be after 2-3 days. Really grateful for the advice

Reactions: Hassan7601