+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fall 2019 Intake: Pakistani Students Only

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Did any of you receive any updates today?

I am assuming next week they should be responding, since they're just coming back from their holidays and then they will be off again on Friday and Saturday.

As for the processing times, they just got updated again online. It went down from 10 weeks to 9 weeks now......

htariq

Star Member
May 23, 2019
I am assuming next week they should be responding, since they're just coming back from their holidays and then they will be off again on Friday and Saturday.

As for the processing times, they just got updated again online. It went down from 10 weeks to 9 weeks now......
Well, I hope they respond soon. My application has surpassed 10 weeks so I don't know whether they are actually abiding by the processing times at this point :(

Reactions: Hassan7601

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Well, I hope they respond soon. My application has surpassed 10 weeks so I don't know whether they are actually abiding by the processing times at this point :(
InshaAllah a good outcome for everyone in the upcoming week. But yea, not all applications follow the standard timelines :/

Reactions: htariq

Syeda.Zainab

Feb 23, 2019
Hey,

I wanted to get my medical appointment changed too as they gave me a date much later in July, so I emailed them instead with my available time/days and they moved it ahead by a whole week. So email and request them to accommodate you earlier; it might work
How many days would be taken by IRCC to process e-medical examination?

Received this reply:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your email,

We regret to inform you that we do not have an earlier appointment available than we have offered you.

Kind Regards,
MHD team

Didn't work for me, unfortunately.

htariq

Star Member
May 23, 2019

Received this reply:

Dear Applicant,

We regret to inform you that we do not have an earlier appointment available than we have offered you.

Kind Regards,
MHD team

Oh no, that is unfortunate. My medical was completed on the 5th and it was updated on my CIC account on 11 July so it took a week.

Good luck!

Bilalm001

Jun 23, 2019

Received this reply:

Dear Applicant,

Kind Regards,
MHD team

So I got the medical call as well and received an appointment 20 days ahead. So i sent them emails and no response. But i managed to get the appointment 14 days before because someone dropped out. So I’d suggest that you call them at their number every day between 8:40 to 9:00. They’ll eventually pickup and if you’re lucky you’ll get an appointment. It worked for me

htariq

Star Member
May 23, 2019
So today I sent my query to IRCC through the web form. Has anybody sent query recently and got some response?
Hey, I did and got a reply 10 days later saying that my file is being processed in Abu Dhabi and that I should contact them directly. I did that already and their office in Abu Dhabi told me to submit the webform :/ So I still don't know the status of my application. I submitted another webform yesterday

faizanshafiq

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Hey, I did and got a reply 10 days later saying that my file is being processed in Abu Dhabi and that I should contact them directly. I did that already and their office in Abu Dhabi told me to submit the webform :/ So I still don't know the status of my application. I submitted another webform yesterday
They say they will reply in 28 days after the web form is submitted.
I've got the 4th ghost update yesterday and yet nothing.

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Hey guys, I just wanted to give you an update that everything on my online account got updated today in the morning and my application has been approved. Here is my final timeline in case anyone missed previous messages:

Applied paper based at VFS Lahore: June 21
Upfront Medical: June 12
Linked application online: June 25
Medical updated to passed: June 26
Medical Status Change to no medical Required: June 28
Medical Request despite upfront medical: July 7
Webform and email submitted to link upfront Medical and response received on: July 14
Medical passed online: July 14
Biometrics correspondence letter: July 28
Email to submit Passport without any letter or update on GC account: August 8
Passport Submitted: August 9
Online account updated with TRV issuance and expiry date of visa: August 16.

A few things I wanted to point out, it mentioned the following:

July 7, 2019 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below. (this is when I received my medical request) so it looks it was reviewed long ago

June 21, 2019 Your background check was completed.
(even though I submitted my app on June 21, so I don't think it's possible to have background updated on same day) I guess it's just a glitch that they have and things get updated all at once..

Now just waiting for the passport to be returned.

Wishing the best for all of you inshaAllah :)

Reactions: Shan121 and htariq

bravo3338

Aug 7, 2019
I also got the ghost update msg today and it was nothing
Visa application is handled by different departments. It shows a ghost update when a department submits their report or refer that case to another department. They don’t show the details due to limited access for clients. This was explained by visa officer in canadian embassy during interview.

Last edited:

bravo3338

Aug 7, 2019
Hey guys, I just wanted to give you an update that everything on my online account got updated today in the morning and my application has been approved. Here is my final timeline in case anyone missed previous messages:

Applied paper based at VFS Lahore: June 21
Upfront Medical: June 12
Linked application online: June 25
Medical updated to passed: June 26
Medical Status Change to no medical Required: June 28
Medical Request despite upfront medical: July 7
Webform and email submitted to link upfront Medical and response received on: July 14
Medical passed online: July 14
Biometrics correspondence letter: July 28
Email to submit Passport without any letter or update on GC account: August 8
Passport Submitted: August 9
Online account updated with TRV issuance and expiry date of visa: August 16.

A few things I wanted to point out, it mentioned the following:

July 7, 2019 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below. (this is when I received my medical request) so it looks it was reviewed long ago

June 21, 2019 Your background check was completed.
(even though I submitted my app on June 21, so I don't think it's possible to have background updated on same day) I guess it's just a glitch that they have and things get updated all at once..

Now just waiting for the passport to be returned.

Wishing the best for all of you inshaAllah :)
When did u get your passport back?