+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fall 2019 Intake: Pakistani Students Only

htariq

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Can you give me some information, like when did you apply? Did you apply with upfront medical or got a medical request, etc etc?

What I have seen in other groups that when someone gets a Biometrics Correspondence letter, they usually get a decision on their application within a few days or a week but that varies case to case....
Hi,

I applied on May 30th. I did NOT apply with upfront medical.

So, I did receive the biometrics correspondence letter but my status online still reads, "We do not need your fingerprints etc..." Is it normal for the status to remain the same? Usually, how long does it take to receive the passport request once biometrics correspondence letter has been received?

Reactions: Hassan7601

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Hi,

I applied on May 30th. I did NOT apply with upfront medical.

So, I did receive the biometrics correspondence letter but my status online still reads, "We do not need your fingerprints etc..." Is it normal for the status to remain the same? Usually, how long does it take to receive the passport request once biometrics correspondence letter has been received?

So that means you got the medical request after you submitted your application, which is a good sign... Despite what your biometrics read, as long as on your top right corner you can see your biometrics enrollment number with issue and expiry date... That fingerprint section doesn't need to be filled up... So if you passed your medical on July 11. Usually within 2-3 weeks you should hear something. That's what I've heard from others. So be hopeful and hopefully you'll get some news in the upcoming week..... Sometimes these online updates don't change and then all of the sudden you they all get updated..... I know someone who got his medical passed on July 7, got his pp request on July 23. Similarly I know others who got passport request within a week after their medical has been cleared.. So it honestly varies case by case....i hope this helps... I'm also in the same boat of waiting....

Reactions: htariq

htariq

Star Member
May 23, 2019
So that means you got the medical request after you submitted your application, which is a good sign... Despite what your biometrics read, as long as on your top right corner you can see your biometrics enrollment number with issue and expiry date... That fingerprint section doesn't need to be filled up... So if you passed your medical on July 11. Usually within 2-3 weeks you should hear something. That's what I've heard from others. So be hopeful and hopefully you'll get some news in the upcoming week..... Sometimes these online updates don't change and then all of the sudden you they all get updated..... I know someone who got his medical passed on July 7, got his pp request on July 23. Similarly I know others who got passport request within a week after their medical has been cleared.. So it honestly varies case by case....i hope this helps... I'm also in the same boat of waiting....

Okay great, feeling much more hopeful now...Good luck to you! Hope you hear good news soon

Reactions: Hassan7601

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Okay great, feeling much more hopeful now...Good luck to you! Hope you hear good news soon

Hey did you hear anything from the Embassy in regards to your decision. Usually after your biometrics correspondance letter you do hear within a day or two or a week at most..

Shan121

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Anyone here got a refusal and reapplied?

My younger brother has reapplied. I know they were rejecting most of the students when he applied. Has the situation gotten any better?

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Anyone here got a refusal and reapplied?

My younger brother has reapplied. I know they were rejecting most of the students when he applied. Has the situation gotten any better?
I think the situation has always been tough since the past 2-3 years. It really depends on your overall profile and if the VO gets satisfied. It's your profile primarily and then a bit of luck as well.

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
It has been almost two weeks that my status didn't change from eligibility review. Is it alarming or positive?

I've seen in this forum as well where people mentioned that they were not even able to link their profile and then suddenly everything got updated all at once. Still about 4 weeks left for them to process since classes begin in 5 weeks..

Reactions: Syeda.Zainab