Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
06-Dec-2013
File Transfer...
10-Dec-2013
Hi all

I got a call too & I dropped a mail to Citizenship-fraud-tips@cic.gc.ca, Contact@cbsa.gc.ca, - safer side

Raj

DOST7

Nov 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App
thank you for informing others

BadLuck

Nov 20, 2013
zardoz said:
Why is the phraseology in these two "reports" so similar? Is it plagiarism or are they in fact the same person "trolling"?

Either way, if there is any truth in either of them, it's a good example of a scam to be aware of.

Pretty sure it's a call forwarding service, using VOIP to transfer from anywhere else in the world.
This is not fraud as the story was so similar that I used the same Phrase. They even called me today asked for more money.
When they called i kept them busy talking and drove to police station hoping it can be traced back but they didn't help me.They said that what you watch in movie is not same in real life. As a normal person how else i could have helped police, but they mentioned it was a cool idea :-(!!

I have raised a complaint about this in police, sent email to immigration fraud, send email to moneygram, and Canada Post.
In total I lost close to $5000 very hard earned savings.

Please read the blog
fakefraudimmigrationcalls.wordpress.com/2013/11/21/fraud-fake-immigration-calls/

for full call details .......

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This kind of craziness blows my mind. Why would anyone think that CIC would request a "wire transfer"?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
So sorry for you. I am very concerned about who is leaking information to this gang of scammers.
Has anyone that has been called been given details that only the visa office and you could possibly know?
If so, it might be an employee of the visa office that is passing on the details. Are all the calls dealing with applications being processed at a single visa office?

nick_ind

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-09-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP-G results sent with Appilcation
Med's Request
05-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
BadLuck said:
This is not fraud as the story was so similar that I used the same Phrase. They even called me today asked for more money.
When they called i kept them busy talking and drove to police station hoping it can be traced back but they didn't help me.They said that what you watch in movie is not same in real life. As a normal person how else i could have helped police, but they mentioned it was a cool idea :-(!!

I have raised a complaint about this in police, sent email to immigration fraud, send email to moneygram, and Canada Post.
In total I lost close to $5000 very hard earned savings.

Please read the blog
fakefraudimmigrationcalls.wordpress.com/2013/11/21/fraud-fake-immigration-calls/

for full call details .......
So sorry to hear about you! Funny part is how can police can't trace the number.....joke is they said it's not a movie and real life...

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Ok. What ARE the similarities between all the people who have received these phone calls? This thread provides a perfect platform to determine if there is a link. Which Visa Office? Was an agency used or was application sent directly to Embassy? Any thoughts?!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
So far, New Delhi has been mentioned twice.

india1981

Star Member
Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC- O
NOC Code......
2173 , 2283
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
Doc's Request.
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
05-03-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
22-11-2013
Med's Done....
25-11-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Please share the phone number where you got the call.. We will blcok the number in our phones as preventive action..

krishna_05

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
I got a call from them too.. the way they started was kind of very tricky.. still not sure if its genuine or a fake call... i asked what was the call abt - he said "what do you think it is about".. i said i would not be able to give out any details and why wouldnt you mail me instead for which he said they have the right to call us any time and as many times as they wish. That person said i could ask any details, when i asked abt my previous applications, he gave accurate answers. then the call went for 15-20 mins. they took down many details.. so many questions....
i think CIC should send some prior intimation that an officer might call or so..

mrFoce

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Request
03-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
krishna_05 said:
I got a call from them too.. the way they started was kind of very tricky.. still not sure if its genuine or a fake call... i asked what was the call abt - he said "what do you think it is about".. i said i would not be able to give out any details and why wouldnt you mail me instead for which he said they have the right to call us any time and as many times as they wish. That person said i could ask any details, when i asked abt my previous applications, he gave accurate answers. then the call went for 15-20 mins. they took down many details.. so many questions....
i think CIC should send some prior intimation that an officer might call or so..
I don't understand why people don't use their common sense when receiving a call like this. If you don't trust the call, don't give out any information. If you doubt that it's a genuine call, ask for their number and extension. If they provide a cellphone number, don't call it until you've verified that it's legit.
People who pulls scams like that are probably also monitoring forum threads like this (easy google search with the phone number), so don't think that this number will be used for a long time, they will switch number.

I really don't understand why some people would transfer money just like that and then go to the bank and transfer more. Why would the Canadian government use Western Union. Sorry, but that should have raised alarm bells right away. It's good that you're warning other people though

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree... All the new(ish) users are also very strange in my opinion!

I have no idea why a wire transfer would sound legit to anyone.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Pippin said:
Ok. What ARE the similarities between all the people who have received these phone calls? This thread provides a perfect platform to determine if there is a link. Which Visa Office? Was an agency used or was application sent directly to Embassy? Any thoughts?!
Second that. Guess you're all aware of my love to google forms by now,
so I created a form ( can be edited and extended at any time ) to gather all the information
about the scam calls.

Please, everyone who received a call, use the form to submit information about the scam.

>> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yhAi2JuOw56uoW50gWp6WrIYa1urrihPlu2Hq0vKWow/viewform

Results can be viewed, but not edited here

>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsFmKvHOgoF5dDRSUU4yYmpPUm5jd0pocmIyMFk4R3c&usp=drive_web

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Every user who has suffered from this has less than 10 posts? Hello?

I don't know why y'all going crazy. These guys have inputted details somewhere or given them to an agency in India... This isn't fraud that's happening in North America.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
jsm0085 said:
Every user who has suffered from this has less than 10 posts? Hello?

I don't know why y'all going crazy. These guys have inputted details somewhere or given them to an agency in India... This isn't fraud that's happening in North America.
Totally got that same vibe, but that's why I want to know if there's a connection between the cases.