+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fairness letter

cad2017

Oct 24, 2018
We are MPNPs. Our supporter is a friend. My husband moved to Ontario for a better paying job (after more than a year of staying in Manitoba). My son and I are still here in Manitoba.

An immigration lawyer said that a fairness letter should be sent to MPNP officers when they inquire about him - approximately after the 2nd anniversary of his landing. Also, doing this will assure that our supporter will be able to support his relatives for MPNP though he is certain that our friend will still be able to support relatives because the points will be higher. Lawyer also explained the difference between sponsor and supporter.

What will happen if a fairness letter is not sent? Our supporter has become hostile and doesn't want to do what the lawyer suggested. His lawyer sent a letter which basically states that we are violating our provincial nominee status, that we should have informed our supporter about difficulties settling in Manitoba and had a tone of impending suit for damages. Has this happened before? A civil case for damages for denied MPNP application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We are MPNPs. Our supporter is a friend. My husband moved to Ontario for a better paying job (after more than a year of staying in Manitoba). My son and I are still here in Manitoba.

An immigration lawyer said that a fairness letter should be sent to MPNP officers when they inquire about him - approximately after the 2nd anniversary of his landing. Also, doing this will assure that our supporter will be able to support his relatives for MPNP though he is certain that our friend will still be able to support relatives because the points will be higher. Lawyer also explained the difference between sponsor and supporter.

What will happen if a fairness letter is not sent? Our supporter has become hostile and doesn't want to do what the lawyer suggested. His lawyer sent a letter which basically states that we are violating our provincial nominee status, that we should have informed our supporter about difficulties settling in Manitoba and had a tone of impending suit for damages. Has this happened before? A civil case for damages for denied MPNP application?
I personally have never seen a civil case here involving a PNP program. However I suppose anything is possible. I have never heard of the fairness letter approach. I think your supporter will simply be denied the opportunity to support his relatives since your husband moved. IRCC won't care why your husband moved. So I can see why your friend is upset. Yes - there's a difference between sponsoring and supporting. If your friend plans to bring his family to Canada through the MPNP program, he would be supporting them (not sponsoring). He can only sponsor a spouse, minor children or his parents. Everyone else (e.g. sister, brother) must be supported through MPNP.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can also understand why the person who supports you is upset. After helping you to come to Canada, assume you didn't have the points to qualify on your own, did you speak with him before your husband moved to Ontario? Can imagine you made a promise to him to stay in Manitoba when he supported you or he would have not supported your family.

cad2017

Oct 24, 2018
Can also understand why the person who supports you is upset. After helping you to come to Canada, assume you didn't have the points to qualify on your own, did you speak with him before your husband moved to Ontario? Can imagine you made a promise to him to stay in Manitoba when he supported you or he would have not supported your family.
Actually, he also didn't have enough points himself - he didn't have enough funds. So we made a deal before he submitted his application. I transferred money from my account to his account so he could show that he has enough funds and the funds stayed in his account (interest free) until he received his visa approval. In turn, he will help me when its my turn to file my application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Actually, he also didn't have enough points himself - he didn't have enough funds. So we made a deal before he submitted his application. I transferred money from my account to his account so he could show that he has enough funds and the funds stayed in his account (interest free) until he received his visa approval. In turn, he will help me when its my turn to file my application.
Well that is probably against the rules for 2 reasons: you've both conspired to misrepresent one person's financial status and you've also traded a temporary loan in exchange for adaptability points.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am sorry. But this is immigration fraud. You helped him to picture a better financial state than what he was at. That's misrepresentation as canuck78 said.