+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

fairness letter for medical - parents visitor extension

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
The medical limit is different for temporary visas vs PR.
Thanks.

Really appreciate your reply.

I more question please.
If extension is refused, what are our options. Can they go to US and come back as they have 10-year multiple entry visa or you think even that entry will be denied? Also if they refused can we apply for H and C and can they stay here till application in process or if we dont apply for H and C can they stay here as their PR application is in process. We have no one in our home country to take care of them and all our family is here.

Thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks.

Really appreciate your reply.

I more question please.
If extension is refused, what are our options. Can they go to US and come back as they have 10-year multiple entry visa or you think even that entry will be denied? Also if they refused can we apply for H and C and can they stay here till application in process or if we dont apply for H and C can they stay here as their PR application is in process. We have no one in our home country to take care of them and all our family is here.

Thanks in advance
They may be denied entry if they go to the US. They are here on a visitor visa and should not be living in Canada. You also have to prepare yourself that your parents may be denied PR. Yes you could try and apply for H&C but PR is never guaranteed. You would also have to continue supporting their medical care until their case is heard.

westernguy416

Jan 31, 2019
Good morning,

Forum members please help me.

I am writing about my parents. They are here in Canada with me on visitor visa. We applied for extension of visitor visa in back in June. My dad has some health issues like heart disease (stable), long history of diabetes (well controlled), kidney disease due to diabetes (stable).

My dad had hospitalization back in 2016 and earlier this year, but stable now.

I got fairness letter and they wrote
Before I make a final decision, you have the opportunity to submit additional information that addresses any or all of the following:
 the medical condition(s) and;
 your individualized plan to ensure that no excessive demand will be imposed on Canadian social services for the entire period of time requested in your application and your signed Declaration of Ability and Intent.

What do i do. Please help.

i am so worried and confused.

we are four siblings and all are here with very good jobs and financial condition. Please suggest what can be done.

thank you in advance.
can you please let me know if your parents' PR application got approved even though your dad has a medical condition?

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
did you hire a lawyer to respond to the fairness letter? what strategies or approaches did you put to mitigate the excessive demand inadmissibility? please share as it will be valuable to me, thanks
Yes, we did. We just recently replied. We tried to explain that we are financially stable and can take care of expenses and letters from doctor

Babz

Feb 11, 2016
Yes, we did. We just recently replied. We tried to explain that we are financially stable and can take care of expenses and letters from doctor
Did they grant PR for your father after this? How long you have to wait after responding to PFL letter . I’m in similar situation and your response is valuable for me