+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Failed Refugee Claimant and Spousal Sponsorship

Jadetol

Dec 3, 2018
Hello All,

I will really appreciate if someone after reading my thread can give me the best advice.

I came into Canada as a refugee claimant. Fast forward to first week of October. my judicial review came out and it failed as i expected. Now, i have a girlfriend who has a child for me, my kid was one in september. We share an apartment since beginning of the year, i pay her insurance, she is on my work medical insurance, she is a joint signatory to my salary acct because she dont work, she spends from that account. We should have gotten married since but i wanted to be sure i really was ready so was waiting on the outcome of my refugee claims. We have loads of pictures from baby birth, dedication, spouse birthday, to my kid's birthday.

We decided and got married in November since we have come a long way finally. But now i dont know what to do next. Should i file for HnC while waiting months for a marriage certificate so we can put in our application or just take the risk and wait for the last piece of document needed to further my spousal application. But i am scared, i dont know if i will be called by CBSA or what can go wrong with this few time i have left been out of status.

Guys that know much what do you advice, i wish to wait so i get it write by applying when my marriage certificate is out but is it wise? Going for HnC right now means paying lawyers money i really dont have ( all my earnings been going to lawyers lol).

Someone pls advice me, if you need more infor pls ask me.

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello All,

I will really appreciate if someone after reading my thread can give me the best advice.

I came into Canada as a refugee claimant. Fast forward to first week of October. my judicial review came out and it failed as i expected. Now, i have a girlfriend who has a child for me, my kid was one in september. We share an apartment since beginning of the year, i pay her insurance, she is on my work medical insurance, she is a joint signatory to my salary acct because she dont work, she spends from that account. We should have gotten married since but i wanted to be sure i really was ready so was waiting on the outcome of my refugee claims. We have loads of pictures from baby birth, dedication, spouse birthday, to my kid's birthday.

We decided and got married in November since we have come a long way finally. But now i dont know what to do next. Should i file for HnC while waiting months for a marriage certificate so we can put in our application or just take the risk and wait for the last piece of document needed to further my spousal application. But i am scared, i dont know if i will be called by CBSA or what can go wrong with this few time i have left been out of status.

Guys that know much what do you advice, i wish to wait so i get it write by applying when my marriage certificate is out but is it wise? Going for HnC right now means paying lawyers money i really dont have ( all my earnings been going to lawyers lol).

Someone pls advice me, if you need more infor pls ask me.
What province do you currently live in? I know in Ontario there is a way to get it within weeks despite that everyone else says there is no faster way. Does HnC mean Humanitarian? Did you get a formal removal/exclusion or deportation order yet?

TRUE LOVE

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
If they gave you 30 days with in that time you should do H&C and I think than when you will get marriage certificate than file inland sponsorship application I think you should go for PRRA and H&C don’t go out of status get lawyers help it’s always good don’t worry about money at this point your future and your family future is at stake and on H&C your child will help you Winn because that’s good thing he or she is Canadian citizen .

Jadetol

Dec 3, 2018
What province do you currently live in? I know in Ontario there is a way to get it within weeks despite that everyone else says there is no faster way. Does HnC mean Humanitarian? Did you get a formal removal/exclusion or deportation order yet?
They haven't issued me any 30 days order tho. My lawyer is also telling me to hurry but he's not advising anything because he knows of the marriage. I really don't know if thats a good thing at this point. Hence why I came

I am presently in ontario. I've already applied tho for the certificate. Says they still expecting the registration. Yes HnC means humanitarianism. I've no removal order yet or deportation. Most pple in my state haven't either. I think it's kinda cumbersome for them. Just saying...

Jadetol

Dec 3, 2018
Hello All,

I will really appreciate if someone after reading my thread can give me the best advice. Tho i posted previously but did not get much response.

Also note, my wife is a protected person who just did her landing a month before our wedding. Her PR card is yet to come also. Is this a barrier? I dont know how much time i have left.

Someone pls advice me, if you need more info pls ask me.

Bee1236373

May 13, 2022
Hey guys i need help. I was denied refugee and applying for my refugee appeal in next week. However i have spousal sponsorship in progress and i got AOR already medical and biometrics done. Unfortunately i have immigration warrant under my name. Whats gonna be the consequences. Please let me know. Any help would be appericiated.

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Hey guys i need help. I was denied refugee and applying for my refugee appeal in next week. However i have spousal sponsorship in progress and i got AOR already medical and biometrics done. Unfortunately i have immigration warrant under my name. Whats gonna be the consequences. Please let me know. Any help would be appericiated.
As long as the spousal sponsorship is in progress , the warrant will remain unenforceable until a decision is taken on the spousal sponsorship application . Keep your fingers cross and dont lose hope.

Bee1236373

May 13, 2022
Thank you so much. However im not under removal or anything yet. Im doing my appeal. I am hoping to get everything asap

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Thank you so much. However im not under removal or anything yet. Im doing my appeal. I am hoping to get everything asap
You should be fine, as they normally wait untill the applicant has exhausted all avenues which include , appeal to the board, federal court, PRA, and finally H&C by which time you could get a decision on your spousal sponsorship all things being equal. and if the spousal sponsorship is refused and it is inland application you have the option to either reapply or make an appeal to the federal court. So you have a long way to go if you are a failed refugee Claimant with Spousal Sponsorship. To reduce your stress try and apply for open work permit if you have not done so

Manj96

Sep 25, 2019
Im waiting on that. Your words gives me hopes. Thank ypu so much again
I am in the same boat. I have not received AOR yet from the spousal application and most likely my claim is going to be denied. I am unsure if I will have the chance to appeal as the officer in the hearing mentioned his concerns about the genuineness of the case. I hope everything works out.

Question - Does anyone know what happens to the spousal application if the refugee claim gets refused and I have a removal order? Is there still a way to acquire stay orders until the spousal application is processed if I am out of appeal options?