+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

F1 visa expire and currently on second masters, planning to do soft landing and re-enter using AVR,

msmg

May 8, 2019
Hi all,

I am currently doing my second masters and will be working as well using Cpt before i move finally to canada. I used my OPT and i have just recently started my second masters, i am planning to fly to Toronto for soft landing and spend about two days. I am planning to re-enter the US using AVR. I have a few questions:

1. Can anyone share their experience of obtaining a boarding pass from US to Canada? i’ve seen that it could be difficult sometimes
  2. When i want to re-enter into the us? if the immigration officer asks what i went to canada for? is it okay to tell them for PR landing?
  3. Does anyone have a similar experience? also, will it raise any flags that im doing second masters when planning to re-enter the US?
4 Does the immigration officer in canada ask how long one will be there for? does the answer affect anything?

Please help

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
1. No problem
2. Yes, tell the truth. It will not be a problem.
3. Many people have posted their experiences. AVR is easy and it works.

Just note that irrespective of AVR (even if your Visa is valid), if your second Masters school is not genuine you can face problems in returning. If you are enrolled in some shady day one CPT school, it can be a problem.

msmg

May 8, 2019
Thank you! it is with the University of Cumberlands. Has there been any news regarding the school?

amishap

Apr 23, 2019
Hi all,

I am currently doing my second masters and will be working as well using Cpt before i move finally to canada. I used my OPT and i have just recently started my second masters, i am planning to fly to Toronto for soft landing and spend about two days. I am planning to re-enter the US using AVR. I have a few questions:

1. Can anyone share their experience of obtaining a boarding pass from US to Canada? i’ve seen that it could be difficult sometimes
  2. When i want to re-enter into the us? if the immigration officer asks what i went to canada for? is it okay to tell them for PR landing?
  3. Does anyone have a similar experience? also, will it raise any flags that im doing second masters when planning to re-enter the US?
4 Does the immigration officer in canada ask how long one will be there for? does the answer affect anything?

Please help
Did you do your soft landing? I’m in a similar boat. Can you please share your experience?