+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extremely delayed decision on PR application (Express Entry/ BC PNP)

Gudon2021

Oct 14, 2021
Hi there,

I applied for BC PNP in November 2019 and it was approved on January 22, 2020. With the nomination, I received an invitation to apply for PR through Express Entry. I completed a medical exam and submitted my PR application on March 30, 2020. A few months later, I received an email from CIC to submit a biometric, which I did in July 2020.

As of today, it has been nearly 19 months since my application was submitted on March 30, 2020, which far exceeds the normal processing time. I am wondering if there is anyone who is in a similar situation or has heard of similar cases. I have been emailing CIC 3-4 times so far since November 2020 to inquire about the status of my application, but every time I received a generic reply saying that the processing time is affected by COVID-19 and IRCC offices are operating with reduced staff. Last week, I called CIC to ask about the status of my application and was able to get a hold of an agent. I explained my situation to the agent, but she told me that 1) she was not able to open my application file because the reason I called was not included in the list that gives her permission (?) to open my file according to the Canadian government’s guidelines, and 2) I just need to wait until something happens to my application.

I am getting concerned and frustrated at the same time because my application has not been processed for more than a year and there seems nothing I can do. Could you please give me any suggestions if there is something I can do other than just waiting around?

One more piece of information to add to my PR application is that I had not been living in Canada from January 24, 2020 to mid-August 2021. During the period, I was in England for my work. My employer was UBC though (i.e., Canadian institute), and I was in England as a visiting researcher. I did my medical examination and biometric in England. As soon as I came back to Canada in August, I sent an email to CIC to update my residential address with the Canadian one in BC and received a reply that the update has been made successfully.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Hi there,

I applied for BC PNP in November 2019 and it was approved on January 22, 2020. With the nomination, I received an invitation to apply for PR through Express Entry. I completed a medical exam and submitted my PR application on March 30, 2020. A few months later, I received an email from CIC to submit a biometric, which I did in July 2020.

As of today, it has been nearly 19 months since my application was submitted on March 30, 2020, which far exceeds the normal processing time. I am wondering if there is anyone who is in a similar situation or has heard of similar cases. I have been emailing CIC 3-4 times so far since November 2020 to inquire about the status of my application, but every time I received a generic reply saying that the processing time is affected by COVID-19 and IRCC offices are operating with reduced staff. Last week, I called CIC to ask about the status of my application and was able to get a hold of an agent. I explained my situation to the agent, but she told me that 1) she was not able to open my application file because the reason I called was not included in the list that gives her permission (?) to open my file according to the Canadian government’s guidelines, and 2) I just need to wait until something happens to my application.

I am getting concerned and frustrated at the same time because my application has not been processed for more than a year and there seems nothing I can do. Could you please give me any suggestions if there is something I can do other than just waiting around?

One more piece of information to add to my PR application is that I had not been living in Canada from January 24, 2020 to mid-August 2021. During the period, I was in England for my work. My employer was UBC though (i.e., Canadian institute), and I was in England as a visiting researcher. I did my medical examination and biometric in England. As soon as I came back to Canada in August, I sent an email to CIC to update my residential address with the Canadian one in BC and received a reply that the update has been made successfully.

GCMS notes.

0Canada

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Hi there,

PNP is a scam and CEC is legit, sorry to hear that you got scammed too!

Reactions: Twee

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Hi there,

Unfortunately this is common for non-CEC applications. Hopefully you will be among the first people to receive CoPR once IRCC starts processing FSW and PNP normally!

Gudon2021

Oct 14, 2021
Yeap. No movements whatsoever!
I'm sorry to hear that you are in the same situation :/. I thought PNP would make it *easier* for the PR applications to be processed at the federal government level because the applicants have been already sort of screened by the provincial government. But, it looks like it is the not the case!

Gudon2021

Oct 14, 2021
Unfortunately this is common for non-CEC applications. Hopefully you will be among the first people to receive CoPR once IRCC starts processing FSW and PNP normally!
Thank you for your reply. I didn't know that non-CEC applications have this sort of issue.:/ I wouldn't recommend PNP to my friends, then.