App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-11-2013
Med's Request
24-09-2013
Med's Done....
25-09-2013
hello i have a doubt, is it compulsory to get pgwp on old passport only, can't one send both passport in first time and get pgwp on new passport if one gets new passport reissued before applying for pgwp ?

Camil7243

Mar 25, 2020
Hi, I have a concern, I am elegible for 3 years PGWP, however I was granted only 1 year due to my passport expiration date, however my permit does not state any remark note about it.... anyone have had the same situation? Is the remark note mandatory to be elegible to extend PGWP

Wassim Saleh

Jun 24, 2020
The exact answer is in the link below. You will need to apply by mail and don't forget to send a letter to explain your request to get the rest of the 3 years. Also, there should be a special remark but I don't remark that ends with "... ISSUED TO PASSPORT VALIDITY". Anyway, if you know that you are eligible for a 3 year PGWP, go for it. Good Luck!

link: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pgwp-extension.275767/#post-4810369
hello,

did you recieve your new extended work permit.?

i am in the same pool. i apllied by mail on 12th may 2018. still waiting. even my workpermit didnt had any remark.i called cic agent and they said officer has remarked in their online data base. please let me know your update
Good morning,

I apply for passport renewal and I will need to extend my pgwp afterward. You mentioned that you submitted the application by mail. Could you please send me the shipping address?

Thank you,

Wassim Saleh

Jun 24, 2020
The exact answer is in the link below. You will need to apply by mail and don't forget to send a letter to explain your request to get the rest of the 3 years. Also, there should be a special remark but I don't remark that ends with "... ISSUED TO PASSPORT VALIDITY". Anyway, if you know that you are eligible for a 3 year PGWP, go for it. Good Luck!

link: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pgwp-extension.275767/#post-4810369
Hey is this procedure still valid? I also was wondering about what should be written in the letter of explanation, are there any tips on what to write or mention?

Thanks

Good morning,

I applied for passport renewal and I will need to extend my pgwp afterwards. Could you please send me the shipping address for mail application?

Thank you,

William94

Dec 11, 2018
Good morning,

I applied for passport renewal and I will need to extend my pgwp afterwards. Could you please send me the shipping address for mail application?

Thank you,
Someone else might have to confirm this but I think its:

Case Processing Centre in Edmonton Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada
c/o Work permits/New employer, Station 555 9700
Jasper Avenue NW, Suite 55
Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

hamzapervaiz

Nov 17, 2019
Hi, I have a concern, I am elegible for 3 years PGWP, however I was granted only 1 year due to my passport expiration date, however my permit does not state any remark note about it.... anyone have had the same situation? Is the remark note mandatory to be elegible to extend PGWP
yeah its not mandatory, My PGWP did not have the remark and I still got the extension

hamzapervaiz

Nov 17, 2019
hello i have a doubt, is it compulsory to get pgwp on old passport only, can't one send both passport in first time and get pgwp on new passport if one gets new passport reissued before applying for pgwp ?
if you already have a new Passport just apply for PGWP based on that and you should get 3 years based on that

lovepreq

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hello All,
So, currently CIC says theyre not processing Paper Based Applications for temporary residents, only Online application.

Since my PGWP will expire based on Passport Vailidity, the only way to extend PGWP is Paper Based. So Im confused what to do in this Pandemic..

Why does CIC makes things hard for Students—-PWGP?!!!

basim refat

Apr 16, 2018
Hello All,
So, currently CIC says theyre not processing Paper Based Applications for temporary residents, only Online application.

Since my PGWP will expire based on Passport Vailidity, the only way to extend PGWP is Paper Based. So Im confused what to do in this Pandemic..

Why does CIC makes things hard for Students—-PWGP?!!!
I got the extension last week, so don't worry. I have followed all instructions in the Canadavisa forum.
I have used the paper-based application, I submitted my application in Feb 2020 and got the approval in October 2020.
My old PGWP expired in June 2020

basim refat

Apr 16, 2018
I got the extension last week, so don't worry. I have followed all instructions in the Canadavisa forum.
I have used the paper-based application, I submitted my application in Feb 2020 and got the approval in October 2020.
My old PGWP expired in June 2020
You have to talk to IRCC and ask them which application you should use, I recall they asked in May to use only the online app, but it's better to talk to them.

Josedi

Sep 26, 2019
Hi All,
I have a question about the extension of PGWP (my passport did not have 3 years validity, they gave it to me for 1.5 years), I contacted CIC, they said I have to apply on paper. My permit is expired on 3 November 2020, I applied on 29 September 2020. Is there anyone who applied on paper? how many months does it take time to receive it? I sent my docs to the Case processing center in Edmonton, Jasper Ave. I would appreciate it if anybody has any recent info. Thanks.

ALEALB

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Hi All,
I have a question about the extension of PGWP (my passport did not have 3 years validity, they gave it to me for 1.5 years), I contacted CIC, they said I have to apply on paper. My permit is expired on 3 November 2020, I applied on 29 September 2020. Is there anyone who applied on paper? how many months does it take time to receive it? I sent my docs to the Case processing center in Edmonton, Jasper Ave. I would appreciate it if anybody has any recent info. Thanks.
I applied for this on July 22 and was approved yesterday (on paper too) If you are lucky it may take around 3/4 months but it could also take up to 6/7 months

Reactions: Josedi

jlaureanne

Oct 22, 2020
I applied for this on July 22 and was approved yesterday (on paper too) If you are lucky it may take around 3/4 months but it could also take up to 6/7 months
Hi, what are the procedures for applying? I am researching but I am confused about which forms to fill out, what are the requirements, and steps?
I need help. I am about to renew my passport and it will take 3 months, then after I could apply for a PGWP extension. The problem, I will expire my PGWP in April 2021. I barely have time to complete the process.