+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of post graduate work permit procedure after passport renewal

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019
Hi, I apply work permit extension online and it has been more than 3 months I do not get any update. Do you have any idea why there is delay in application process.

marioespie

Jun 12, 2015
The remark section on my PGWP states “temporary resident status maintained” I only got 16 months on my PGWP and I’m eligible for 3 years. I applied for an extension and I’m a bit worried that I might not get it, because on the CIC website it’s mentioned “Don’t apply for an extension unless we told you to”.

Does anyone know of anyone got the extension with that remark? I applied on paper 2 days ago.

Last edited:

hamzapervaiz

Nov 17, 2019
I applied for my PGWP extension after Passport renewal on Oct 21st, so far I have not been able to link my application online. Anyone has any idea the process of how that works so I can track my application online?

Hopeless girl

Jan 24, 2017
Hi,

I applied for an extension of my PGWP by mail a week back. Since your post is a bit old I am wondering if you got your extended work permit or not. Please advise.
I got the confirmation of my PGWP extension on 14th November. I posted my paper application on 24th August.

Hopeless girl

Jan 24, 2017
Hi, I apply work permit extension online and it has been more than 3 months I do not get any update. Do you have any idea why there is delay in application process.
In this case you can either call cic or fill an application form available on the website. Calling them is a better way as they can provide an update quickly.

Hopeless girl

Jan 24, 2017
The remark section on my PGWP states “temporary resident status maintained” I only got 16 months on my PGWP and I’m eligible for 3 years. I applied for an extension and I’m a bit worried that I might not get it, because on the CIC website it’s mentioned “Don’t apply for an extension unless we told you to”.

Does anyone know of anyone got the extension with that remark? I applied on paper 2 days ago.
There is nothing like that. A similar case happened with me. You can apply for an extended permit as soon as you get your passport renewed.

RoRoy

Nov 7, 2019
Hi guys,
Does anybody know how long it will take to get the physical permit paper after approved online?
Is there any way to check the mail? I am waiting for two weeks and so worried.

sark759

Sep 30, 2019
Hi Guys,
I'm applying for PGWP extension by paper. I have to pay the fees online and it asks for an account. is this account same as GCKEY?

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019
no, not yet.
and now I have one more question that I got married last week and if I update my marital status in my application then will it takes more time to get the work permit??
Thanks.