Waived
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2014
gihad said:
I sent a paper application through the mail today. I guess it's the only option right now.
Do you have the cic webpage that has the paper package for the work permit renewal?

evinecz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
I guess i will have to do it by mail. Can someone help me out a bit? What are the documents I need? i have scanned my new passport, old passport and current PGWP and all the stamps and visas i have from canadian entries. All i need to fill out is IMM 5710 and IMM 5556? Is there something else i am missing? Please someone help me out.

Thanks!

Maryam_d

Oct 3, 2012
iKhalid said:
Thanks Maryam, actually the problem that we're having is we can't pass the new tool with the questions to get the checklist ID.
Hi Khalid,

To make sure, I made another online application today to pass those eligiblity questions. From begining: I sign into myCiC first, then under what would u like do today, I click on the online application, it then asks me if I have check list code and I say No, so it proceeds me to answer those questions first, When I get to the question: do u have a job offer? I respond Yes, and then it asks if I have LMO? and I answer No, then It continues to other questions and ends to a checklist which the top document is IMM5710E without any problem!

Maybe because I started my online application and passing eligiblity questions through myCiC, I did not face ur issue.

Maryam_d

Oct 3, 2012
I have just passed those eligiblity questions again but this time without signing to MyCiC. I could get check list code. Is it the question you are stucked in: "Do you have an Employer Declaration Form from your employer?" ?
My response is No, and it gets me to the check list. Is there my misunderestanding of ur problem or what??

evinecz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Maryam_d said:
I have just passed those eligiblity questions again but this time without signing to MyCiC. I could get check list code. Is it the question you are stucked in: "Do you have an Employer Declaration Form from your employer?" ?
My response is No, and it gets me to the check list. Is there my misunderestanding of ur problem or what??
I guess i will have to do it by mail. Can someone help me out a bit? What are the documents I need? i have scanned my new passport, old passport and current PGWP and all the stamps and visas i have from canadian entries. All i need to fill out is IMM 5710 and IMM 5556? Is there something else i am missing? Please someone help me out.

Thanks!

gihad

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
evinecz said:

Thanks!
This is the guide that the CIC agent referred me to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

If I were you I would call the CIC agent to make sure you have everything. They told me that I don't need to attached the original documents from the first applciation (e.g. School transcripts).

evinecz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
gihad said:
This is the guide that the CIC agent referred me to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

If I were you I would call the CIC agent to make sure you have everything. They told me that I don't need to attached the original documents from the first applciation (e.g. School transcripts).
Thanks. How did you answer Details of intended work in Canada? Just put N/A for LMO? what about my job? if i include my job, do i need to get a letter from them also?

QC_Student_PEQ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
Med's Request
28-Aug-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sept-2012
Passport Req..
21-Feb-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-March-2013
LANDED..........
23-March-2013
lol i didnt know this post will have so much follow-up like this. cheers everyone!

QC_Student_PEQ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
Med's Request
28-Aug-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sept-2012
Passport Req..
21-Feb-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-March-2013
LANDED..........
23-March-2013
Just letting everyone that my work permit was issued Feb4, that I applied on 6th Dec. so it took less than 2 months.
Work permit is really no big deal. Hope u guys all get yours soon.

Maryam_d

Oct 3, 2012
Hello everyone,

This is also an update to my PGWP extension application. I have just got my PGWP extended. I had applied Dec 24, 2012 and got it back today, Feb 12, 2013. I applied through new online system which I have explained step by step above. I did not provide any LMO No. or so, though I had my job offer letter. It was extended until the desired date at-which makes my PGWP valid for a total 3 years.

Good luck to everyone!

ahmed5333

Mar 19, 2013
Hi Maryam,

Im Ahmed. Actually Im in a same situation and plus I have one other issue. But I see that I can easily extend my PGWP after I get my new passport. But there is one other thing bothering me. Actually I will be graduating from my Masters program after a duration of 1 year 8 months. Since I would be applying then for the PGWP, I would get it only for the period od 1 year 8 months. My question is, does this matter as opposed to if I have a 3 -year work permit? Can't I have it renewed later on while Im doing a job (which Im hoping I will be able to find soon?)

Thanks a lot for the help. I appreciate it!

Have a Good Day,

Ahmed

Maryam_d

Oct 3, 2012
Hello Ahmed,

If your master program is a 2 year program, you would get a 3 year PGWP, though you have finished it sooner. I also finished my master sooner than two years but was eligible for a 3 year PGWP. If you have not applied for your PGWP yet, try to first extend your passport. Write to your embassy and explain the situation to them and ask for an extended passport. Once you get a full 3 year PGWP, you can not extend it again. So apply for your PR to get it during these 3 years.

Hope it was an answer to your question. Please feel free to ask more questions if I can help.

Aliiii

Jun 22, 2013
Maryam_d said:
Thanks for your answer.

Yes it says that, but in the form and also in the application check list I am asked to provide my job letter and LMO No. How should I deal with that?

Should I just write N.A for those questions?

Hello Maryam_d, Can you please tell me where on your work permit it said it would get extension to full 3 years. I am in the same situation you were in but my work permit just says document issued to passport expiry date but it does not say it would get extension. Thanks in advance.

iKhalid

Jan 16, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC on 22-01-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
23-01-2014
Med's Done....
04-02-2014 Med's Received: 14-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2014
evinecz said:
Thanks. How did you answer Details of intended work in Canada? Just put N/A for LMO? what about my job? if i include my job, do i need to get a letter from them also?

Mine said the same thing and I sent a paper application with an explanation and it was renewed but it took 3 months.

Maryam_d

Oct 3, 2012
Aliiii said:
Hello Maryam_d, Can you please tell me where on your work permit it said it would get extension to full 3 years. I am in the same situation you were in but my work permit just says document issued to passport expiry date but it does not say it would get extension. Thanks in advance.
Hello Ali

It was said: "Document issued to validity of current passport. Must renew passport for further extension of status."