+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of a Post Graduation Work Permit after extending the Passport

Roya2201

Jul 20, 2017
Hi
I graduated from a Masted degree in Dec 2016. a Post Grad Work Permit was issued for me in Feb 2017 for 11 month due to my passport expiry. I got a full time job and want to extend my work permit. Could any of you kindly send a link of CIC for this matter to me? HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
they all seem to be to apply for a work permit.
thank you

lovecanada001

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hi
I graduated from a Masted degree in Dec 2016. a Post Grad Work Permit was issued for me in Feb 2017 for 11 month due to my passport expiry. I got a full time job and want to extend my work permit. Could any of you kindly send a link of CIC for this matter to me? HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
they all seem to be to apply for a work permit.
thank you
Hello Roya,
Did CIC mention anything on your Remark at the bottom of your Work Permit?

Roya2201

Jul 20, 2017
Thank you soooo much. my confusion with this page is once I'm logged on to my profile it will ask for a reference code. otherwise I need to complete a survey to see if I'm eligible. am I on the right page?

lovecanada001

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Thank you soooo much. my confusion with this page is once I'm logged on to my profile it will ask for a reference code. otherwise I need to complete a survey to see if I'm eligible. am I on the right page?
yes, you are. Before to reach the form, first you have to give an answer to their questions and then the system will show you the options as per your given answers.

Roya2201

Jul 20, 2017
Hi
I completed the survey and it offers Express Entry! I need to extend my PGWP right now. I do not have valid IELTS degree and my job offer falls in C category so it's risky to apply only for Express Entry and wait. what am I supposed to do?
thank you

Roya2201

Jul 20, 2017
when I go for "extend your international...."
this seems to be right for my case:
You can apply to extend your work permit if:

• your work permit was only valid until your passport expired.
I go for apply online and completed the survey which said I might be eligible for Express Entry. While I do not have valid IELTS or Nomination Certificate...
once I am logged on to my profile on CIC I have both Express Entry and also Work permit. I cannot use that reference code which belongs to express entry to apply for a work permit extension. What do I have to do?

roygerard

Aug 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

last year I applied for Post graduation work permit and I got it for 1.5 year, till now I can't get any full time job and it's gonna expire in November, my question is , Can I still extend my work permit or it is over for me ?

Thank you

Roya2201

Jul 20, 2017
hey
I graduated from a Master degree in Dec 2016. a Post Grad Work Permit was issued for me in Feb 2017 for 11 month due to my passport expiry. I got a full time job and want to extend my work permit
1- when I am completing IMM5710E . what should I select between the following:
-A work permit with the same employer
-Restoration of your status as a worker
-An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
-Temporary Resident Permit

2- What type of work permit are you applying for
-Open Work Permit
-Post Graduation Work Permit

Thank you kindly

Roya2201

Jul 20, 2017
Hello everyone,

last year I applied for Post graduation work permit and I got it for 1.5 year, till now I can't get any full time job and it's gonna expire in November, my question is , Can I still extend my work permit or it is over for me ?

Thank you
I advise you to apply for extension anyway since you don't want to leave Canada. go for some part-time jobs at least. good luck

lovecanada001

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
hey
I graduated from a Master degree in Dec 2016. a Post Grad Work Permit was issued for me in Feb 2017 for 11 month due to my passport expiry. I got a full time job and want to extend my work permit
1- when I am completing IMM5710E . what should I select between the following:
-A work permit with the same employer
-Restoration of your status as a worker
-An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
-Temporary Resident Permit

2- What type of work permit are you applying for
-Open Work Permit
-Post Graduation Work Permit

Thank you kindly
You will select:-
- An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
- Post Graduation Work Permit