+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of a Post Graduation Work Permit after extending the Passport

Maryam_d

Oct 3, 2012
QC_Student_PEQ said:
No worries. My impression is that they aren't really strict what you put on there, as long as it is clear to them it is a post-grad work permit. The agetn casually told "oh you dont need to worry too much, just put your passport and mention that it is for post grad exension". The reason for their flexibility is because there exits no specific webpage made for post grad extension. there is only one for the regular work permit extension. goodl uck!
Yes you are right. I just found out that even the new online system is easier than the one you submitted your application with!! I also can upload an explanation letter and tell all these stories!

Good luck to you too for your PGWP and also PR :)

Maryam_d

Oct 3, 2012
Hi QC_Student_PEQ ,

Did you get your PGWP Extended? Can you tell me how long did it take or has been taken so far? I sent out my application in Dec 24 2012, and just wondering that 70 days as the processing time for work permit written in cic is same for extension as well or not.

Thank you!
Maryam

QC_Student_PEQ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
Med's Request
28-Aug-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sept-2012
Passport Req..
21-Feb-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-March-2013
LANDED..........
23-March-2013
Maryam_d said:
Hi QC_Student_PEQ ,

Did you get your PGWP Extended? Can you tell me how long did it take or has been taken so far? I sent out my application in Dec 24 2012, and just wondering that 70 days as the processing time for work permit written in cic is same for extension as well or not.

Thank you!
Maryam
I dunno yet, Still waiting :) I sent mine Dec 6th.

Maryam_d

Oct 3, 2012
Oh around a month already!!

I need a TRV because I am leaving the country in March 1, but a sort of confusing to wait for getting my extended PGWP first and then apply for TRV or do not take any risk and separately apply for my TRV with my old PGWP which is valid until April 21 2013.

Do u have any idea??

QC_Student_PEQ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
Med's Request
28-Aug-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sept-2012
Passport Req..
21-Feb-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-March-2013
LANDED..........
23-March-2013
Maryam_d said:
Oh around a month already!!

I need a TRV because I am leaving the country in March 1, but a sort of confusing to wait for getting my extended PGWP first and then apply for TRV or do not take any risk and separately apply for my TRV with my old PGWP which is valid until April 21 2013.

Do u have any idea??
Im no lawyer but of course the safest way would be just to wait till PGWP is extended. Sorry I can't be much of a help.

gihad

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
I don't know how you got the online system to show you the option to do "Post Graduation Work permit", the only way I got the system to show me that option was to select my current status in Canada as student in the initial questioner, which is not the case since I already have a Post graduation work permit.

iKhalid

Jan 16, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC on 22-01-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
23-01-2014
Med's Done....
04-02-2014 Med's Received: 14-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2014
Hi everyone!

Thanks for this topic. I have the EXACT same issue. Mine is expiring in July but I'm already worried about this.

When I proceed with the online form, if I choose "Yes" for "I have a job offer", it forces me to have LMO otherwise I won't be eligible.

If I choose "No" it omits the Work Permit option (not eligible).

What should I do? Should I say I'm student at the beginning? That's wrong and would be considered as a lie...

What did you do, Maryam? or anyone else?

Thanks again for the very helpful topic.

Regards,
Khalid

Maryam_d

Oct 3, 2012
Hello Khalid and Gihad, I will check it again and get back to you shortly because I dont remember if I had such problem.

evinecz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Bump, Just a question, when you apply for an extension. what documents do you need? Do you still need the school letter just as we did the first time we apply or all we need is passport and current pgwp?

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

gihad

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
iKhalid said:
Hi everyone!

Thanks for this topic. I have the EXACT same issue. Mine is expiring in July but I'm already worried about this.

When I proceed with the online form, if I choose "Yes" for "I have a job offer", it forces me to have LMO otherwise I won't be eligible.

What should I do? Should I say I'm student at the beginning? That's wrong and would be considered as a lie...

Regards,
Khalid
Hey,

I called the CIC call centre and they told me to do a paper application instead of using the online system. You can call them to see if they tell you a different story. I would prefer to use the online system since it's faster.

Maryam_d

Oct 3, 2012
iKhalid said:
Hi everyone!

Regards,
Khalid
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I check my online application to see how I fixed this issue; I guess you are referring to the electronic form of IMM5710E Question 6 under: Information of intended work in Canada, right?

The agent I was asking this problem from, told me just to write N.A for this question and similar others, however, you see that for this type of forms we are allowed to only enter numbers for LMO, so it is impossible to write N.A, otherwise it wont be verified. What I did: I just left it blank without writing any answer (it did not make any problem for me to be verified) and in the explanation letter, as one of the documents that you can submit, I explained my situation, the agent’s guidance and why I did not reply to this question. I think it would be fine. Please let me know if you have any other problems.

iKhalid

Jan 16, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC on 22-01-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
23-01-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2014
Maryam_d said:
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I check my online application to see how I fixed this issue; I guess you are referring to the electronic form of IMM5710E Question 6 under: Information of intended work in Canada, right?

The agent I was asking this problem from, told me just to write N.A for this question and similar others, however, you see that for this type of forms we are allowed to only enter numbers for LMO, so it is impossible to write N.A, otherwise it wont be verified. What I did: I just left it blank without writing any answer (it did not make any problem for me to be verified) and in the explanation letter, as one of the documents that you can submit, I explained my situation, the agent's guidance and why I did not reply to this question. I think it would be fine. Please let me know if you have any other problems.

Thanks Maryam, actually the problem that we're having is we can't pass the new tool with the questions to get the checklist ID.

evinecz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
iKhalid said:
Thanks Maryam, actually the problem that we're having is we can't pass the new tool with the questions to get the checklist ID.
Is your problem the questions that after you answer them it gives you a code to continue the online application? i am stuck in those questionaire since i dont see Extending PGWP

iKhalid

Jan 16, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC on 22-01-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
23-01-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2014
evinecz said:
Is your problem the questions that after you answer them it gives you a code to continue the online application? i am stuck in those questionaire since i dont see Extending PGWP
Exactly, I can't pass them... In my first two posts, I explained the exact questions... Hopefully we can sort that out.

gihad

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
I sent a paper application through the mail today. I guess it's the only option right now.